Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-23-2007   #1
59hitshard
Rookie

Default New #12 Jersey

I just ordered my new #12 Jones Jersey from NFL Shop. I sure hope he plays as well in the regular season as he has this pre-season. I hate to make a $230 investment on a rookie but I think there is something special about this guy. I just read Jacoby didn't start playing until his junior year of high school in New Orleans and was 5'7 150 pounds. He went to Southeastern LA Univ. on a track scholarship then on to Lane College for football. Wow now he is 6'2 220. Could he still be growing? Maybe by next year he will be 6'5 250 and running a 4.3 forty. Now that would be a hell of a third round Pick.
59hitshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: New #12 Jersey

okay.
Old 08-23-2007   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

You might have wanted to wait until the regular season started to see if he switched to some # in the 80's. Not that far out of the question. You never know he might keep #12.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hitshard View Post
I just ordered my new #12 Jones Jersey from NFL Shop. I sure hope he plays as well in the regular season as he has this pre-season. I hate to make a $230 investment on a rookie but I think there is something special about this guy. I just read Jacoby didn't start playing until his junior year of high school in New Orleans and was 5'7 150 pounds. He went to Southeastern LA Univ. on a track scholarship then on to Lane College for football. Wow now he is 6'2 220. Could he still be growing? Maybe by next year he will be 6'5 250 and running a 4.3 forty. Now that would be a hell of a third round Pick.
You could have spent $50 and got a Reebok jersey made with his name and #. Call me lame, I just can't see spending that kind of money on something unless it was a souveneir (sp) item such as an authentic game worn jersey that was autographed or something. But hey, to each his own I guess.

Last edited by Cjeremy635; 08-23-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm spending that kind of money, which I have for a battle red, a liberty white and a steel blue jersey (only took me 4 1/2 years), I'm putting my own name and number on it.

Players come and go. I'll be a Texan forever.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hitshard View Post
Welcome to the boards, Jacoby... or NFL/Marketing guy here to pimp jerseys...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
You might have wanted to wait until the regular season started to see if he switched to some # in the 80's. Not that far out of the question. You never know he might keep #12.
He could very well opt for a number in the 80's.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys just ruined his day.

It would be kinda funny if he changed his number

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I too am going to buy a Jacoby jersey.

I like many look for specials and got a battle red mario jersey (replica) at academy for $29.99. I was about to order a liberty white replica jacoby jersey online but think I may wait untill they start carrying it in stock so its like $75.

Jacoby doesn't plan on switching his number either. That was one thing I was worried about as well. #12 is what he's sticking with.

Q: I'm too lazy to look up on google the past OROY winners. What positions have they generally been? QB and RB? I think WR may be kind of tough to win OROY although colston would prob. have won it if he didn't get injured last year.

I brag to all my friends that I predicted Demeco would win DROY. This was during preseason last year. I have this funny feeling that Jacoby is going to at least be in the hunt for OROY- I think he's a long shot for sure but I think he'll at least be in somewhat of the consideration...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The last 20 OROY's were: 2 QB
3 WR
15 RB

So it isn't impossible, improbable but not impossible.

Bonus points to anyone who can guess the 3 WR who won it without looking it up.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
3 WR
15 RB

off the top of my head

anquan boldin
randy moss
marvin harrison?

but honestly i have no clue

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
He could very well opt for a number in the 80's.
I don't even think names and numbers have been turned into the NFL yet. IMO, the poster could very well be full of bullbutter.
Old 08-24-2007   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Galloway (???)
Moss
Boldin
Old 08-24-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
If I'm spending that kind of money, which I have for a battle red, a liberty white and a steel blue jersey (only took me 4 1/2 years), I'm putting my own name and number on it.

Players come and go. I'll be a Texan forever.
I agree!!
Old 08-24-2007   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
3 WR
15 RB

I'm going to guess it was Boldin, Moss, and Clayton from TB.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Boldin and Moss sounds right...#3 my brain wants to say Keyshawn but thats a shot in the dark.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Just looked it up. Wow no one is going to guess number three.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #18
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
Boldin and Moss sounds right...#3 my brain wants to say Keyshawn but thats a shot in the dark.
I know for a fact Moss and Pickens were but I will follow the trend and say Boldin...
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

According to some sports radio talk show hosts here in Austin, if you are over 30 and still wearing jerseys you are "gay".

I'm 38 and must be "flaming" since I own several. Granted, I normally don't wear them out anywhere unless it's to a game or a sports bar to watch a game.

I also don't know how many men you will see walking down Montrose wearing jerseys so I didn't get the whole gay angle they were trying to spin on that. However, they spent a whole hour talking and taking calls on this subject. Surprisingly most agreed with them. Maybe I am just immature for my age.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
According to some sports radio talk show hosts here in Austin, if you are over 30 and still wearing jerseys you are "gay".

I'm 38 and must be "flaming" since I own several. Granted, I normally don't wear them out anywhere unless it's to a game or a sports bar to watch a game.

I also don't know how many men you will see walking down Montrose wearing jerseys so I didn't get the whole gay angle they were trying to spin on that. However, they spent a whole hour talking and taking calls on this subject. Surprisingly most agreed with them. Maybe I am just immature for my age.
Sounds like you were listening to 790 between noon and 3. Please, they do screen callers. they did not want to look like idiots .................. errrr to late.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read