Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2005   #41
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Put Carr in Martz's offense and he has 4000 yards 20 TD's and 25-30 INT's leading the Rams to a .500 record at this stage in his development from these eyes. Carr has a wonderful arm and has the ability to get away from a defender but anyone watching the game can see some flaws in his game. I think the team is doing what the personnel does well at this time. I would think that we would struggle to reach .500 if we had a more wide open offense with our line flaws and QB problems that result from them.

We need a TE that does not tip the play and can actually block and catch. This will help out Carr in the Red Zone and bring his TD's up to a more normal, expected level in year 4. Carr needs help, and I think he will be fine for us long-term but just because you like a certain offense or your favorite player is David Carr doesn't mean the coaches are using him absolutely wrong in my book.

I agree with some of the complaints though. I think we should use AJ like the Chargers use Antonio Gates. I'd love to see us move him all over the field and perhaps split in the back field (over the Tackles) with Davis at times, but the team has a real tough time doing simple things. Perhaps they will diversify their offense as the team proves it can handle basic formations and plays first (only partial sarcasm used here).
I think Vinny is right for the most part. We can't consistenly get AJ the ball w/ out an o-line. When Carr has time he can look receivers off, spread the ball around and free up AJ and get him the ball. I wouldn't say Carr is a problem, but even though I think he's a great QB and will get better, he does have flaws(consistent leadership/better audibles/touch on short passes are the main problems I see) and I hope he hasn't been hit to many times to never give him confidence in the pocket, this has to be a concern for the future.. We sure could use a balanced TE, it would help stretch the field and help in the redzone. I don't like the coaches, but they only can call a limited amount of plays due to our poor o-line play, however the poor play on the o-line has to be reflected on the coaches as well. I only hope our o-line is why the offensive scheme isn't working other wise we have the worst coaches around. I also think we could be more creative, things couldn't have gotten much worse at times this past year so why didn't we try different things?However, lets see what the OFFENSE/CARR/COACHES can do w/ a decent line and balance TE. I hope we can address these needs and move on to better things.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #42
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Todd Dodge for O-Coordinator

NOTE: Dodge is the coach and OC for Southlake Carroll, the most succesful high school program in Texas since he's been there

Hasn't Katy been the most successful program in Texas the past 10 or so years?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #43
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmmm i thought the woodlands had been the most succesful !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #44
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
These fire Palmer threads are getting just plain goofy.

Seems like some folks just don't get the BIG PICTURE.

First, Palmer takes his orders and style of offense directly from Capers. Under a different head coach, Palmer would run a different offense. Do you follow me?

Secondly, after only three years, we don't have ALL of the personnel needed to run a consistent offense. Why, exactly, is this Palmer's fault? I guess you want to fire Casserly, too, because he didn't find all of the talent we need to win the Superbowl in our third season?

Thirdly, learn football. If you had a clue, you would understand that your calls to fire coaches and start from scratch would set this team back 2-3 MORE years, and by then, you'll be calling for more heads to roll.

I think I'll refrain from posting in any more "fire Palmer" threads because they are nothing but silliness.
Agreed. When Chris Palmer was offensive coordinator for the Jags we routinely had one of the best offenses in the league.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #45
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Todd Dodge for O-Coordinator

NOTE: Dodge is the coach and OC for Southlake Carroll, the most succesful high school program in Texas since he's been there
A high school coach for NFL offensive coordinator?
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #46
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfanincanada
Agreed. When Chris Palmer was offensive coordinator for the Jags we routinely had one of the best offenses in the league.

people are just looking for an excuse, if not him they will blame somebody else ! "Lucky for the TEAM us fans cant make any big off season changes"
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read