Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-21-2007   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 1560 Am

I read in another thread that this is a new sports station that opened up this week and seem to recall reading something about Lance moving to this station as well. I googled the website but was redirected to a different station's website. Does anyone have any news links, line-ups, websites, or anything else where I can read up about the new station?

Thanks.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #2
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1560 Am

Here are all the AM sports radio websites for Houston (at least that I know about):

www.sportsradio610.com

www.790thesportsanimal.com

www.1560thegame.com

www.kcohradio.com

I think KCOH just has Ralph Cooper's show from 5-7pm...

Mods, if I was not supposed to post this, my apologies...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Here are all the AM sports radio websites for Houston (at least that I know about):

www.sportsradio610.com

www.790thesportsanimal.com

www.1560thegame.com

www.kcohradio.com

I think KCOH just has Ralph Cooper's show from 5-7pm...

Mods, if I was not supposed to post this, my apologies...
Why would you not be allowed to post that?

I appreciate it. Thank god, I can finally listen to a decent morning show. 790 sucks, period, with the exception of Charlie. I can't stand the Mark and Andre tandem, which is weird because I loved Mark and Rich, but Mark and Andre is just too much nerd for me. So, I can finally listen to John in the mornings again.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #4
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I listened to Granado this morning when he was on the phone with Steve McKinney. I guess McKinney is going to do his Tuesday show with Granado on 1560 this year. Sounds like they will be a little more loose on this station than with 610.

Speculation is that Lance Z will start up with 1560 in November.

I've heard some people are having a hard time picking up the station, but I haven't had any real problems with it.
Old 08-21-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 1560 Am

Also 97.5 The Ticket? (ESPN Radio) FM
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a lot to listen to ............. stuck in the **** hole Austin as far as sports radio goes sucks.
Old 08-21-2007   #7
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Also 97.5 The Ticket? (ESPN Radio) FM
With our buddy Jerome? LOL

Did anyone see Janek shred Dweeb Solomon in the editorials?

1560 came in alot better today.

It's funny that this start-up that only airs in the day will run laps around 790.

Ken Hoffman should be replaced with Kenny hand. I liked his show when it was short and all interviews. He has connections with the old timers and it was great to hear them.
Old 08-21-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I have a lot to listen to ............. stuck in the **** hole Austin as far as sports radio goes sucks.
You can get 610 online... that's the only way I've survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't get a signal here in Spring on the northwest side. I don't know if I'll listen to it at all to begin with. I've never tried listening to Jerome Solomon and Jorge Vargas. From the radio commercials 97.5 plays during the day, they sound like a bunch of loud mouthed losers with very little in-depth sports talk. I typically listen to 97.5 from 12-3 even though Dan Patrick left ESPN. For the most part the hosts they've gotten to fill in have been entertaining enough. Then I'll listen to Charlie P. on 790. Other than that it's the radio or my iPod

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

1560 looks good. I would like a daytime national show though.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-21-2007 at 10:47 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #11
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

yea the tickets free i think

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
You can get 610 online... that's the only way I've survived.
Yes I have but for some reason it has been cutting in and out lately. So I been listening to 790 ........ If they do streaming on 1560 and 97.5 I will check them out as well.
Old 08-22-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Yes I have but for some reason it has been cutting in and out lately. So I been listening to 790 ........ If they do streaming on 1560 and 97.5 I will check them out as well.

here ya go, Spec. 1560 in streaming glory.
1560 The Game Streaming MP3

you have to have a non-Windows Media Player mp3 player for the stream to work at this time. I tried the WMP link and it didn't work. Just as long as you have Itunes or WinAmp you should have no problem with the link above.

if you have any problems let me know and I could help. I remember how bad Austin sports radio was back in the day during the infancy of the internet there wasn't any alternatives either. It was ESPN or ESPN.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 08-22-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hate the Austin sports radio guys...Bucky and Erin Hogan....blah!!!

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I was around Uvalde and I-10 for a few minutes today and was able to pick up 1560. I didn't listen long. I was on my way back to my office and can't listen to the radio at work. I know some had a problem with John and Lances' sometimes juvenile antics but I prefer them to Pallilos seemingly haughty attitude.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Speculation is that Lance Z will start up with 1560 in November.
I hope you're right because I've heard different.
But if he's going back on a broadcast, he needs to do it at the beginning of the football season in Sept. and not in Nov.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #17
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I hope you're right because I've heard different.
But if he's going back on a broadcast, he needs to do it at the beginning of the football season in Sept. and not in Nov.
He can't...he's agreed to the non-compete clause in his contract. He likely won't return to the airwaves until later this year.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

1560 isn't going to last long no matter who they have on-air, if you can't listen because of their WEAK signal.

Tried to listen a little this morning, aching for some normalcy in my morning radio, and I just couldn't take the bad signal.

They get that fixed and bring in Lance and that would be awesome for me. And hopefully losers like Brad in Spring Branch never find out about it. I certainly haven't missed him or Gilbert.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #19
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
1560 isn't going to last long no matter who they have on-air, if you can't listen because of their WEAK signal.

Tried to listen a little this morning, aching for some normalcy in my morning radio, and I just couldn't take the bad signal.

They get that fixed and bring in Lance and that would be awesome for me. And hopefully losers like Brad in Spring Branch never find out about it. I certainly haven't missed him or Gilbert.
uhhhh....anyway the Astros are gunna win the World Series anyway...anyway...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #20
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Signal is practically non-existent up in Conroe where I live, and barely audible down around IAH where I work. The little I heard was extremely lame, but I'd be willing to give them time to work that out IF they fix the lousy sound quality.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read