Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2007   #1
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Default Texans vs Cowboys

It's a given that us fans want to beat the crap out of the cryboys and their fans want to beat us (especially since our 1st game). How bad do the respective coaching staffs want to win & what lengths will they go to in order to win an exhibition game? Will they pull out most of the stops in the game, I don't think either team will.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Texans vs Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
The.

Preseason.

Does.

Not.

Matter.
If you say that one more mutha-****** time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #3
htexfan
Rookie

pre-season or not. I am sick of Dallas. A Texan win would be huge!!! I'm tired of Texan games not being broadcasted. 2006 season in Central Texas...Professional Bowling is broadcasted instead of the Texan game. We could use some respect and pre-season or not a win against Dallas would help. Every Dallas game is broadcasted. Every rack in Academy is filled with Cowboys gear, not one Texan jersey, hat or even t-shirt. You would think I lived in another state as hard as it is to find any Texan items. Go Texans...Beat the cowboys!!!! PLEASE!!!
htexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #4
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

^^Academy is a Houston company, so it is amazing that they wouldn't put uo Texan gear.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowbys (mispelled on purpose)

"Oh how I wish Dallas was in Tennessee..."

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 08-19-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want our starters and second stringers to beat the living snot out of their starters and second stringers.

I don't care if we actually win the game or not.

And I don't care if it's pre-season. It's the Cowboys. They ARE the Evil Empire. They ARE Sauron. They ARE Voldemort. And I'm positive that they were directly responsible for several despicable terrorist acts. I just can't prove it, yet.

I just want our starters and second stringers to beat theres. That is all.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #7
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Cowbys (mispelled on purpose)

"Oh how I wish Dallas was in Tennessee..."
I've long been in favor of giving Dallas to Oklahoma. I figure Texas/OU and Texans/Cowboys could be back to back Sat/Sun. A friend of mine told me he (from okc) wouldn't even give us Tulsa for Dallas, instead he offered a few used footballs.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I've long been in favor of giving Dallas to Oklahoma. I figure Texas/OU and Texans/Cowboys could be back to back Sat/Sun. A friend of mine told me he (from okc) wouldn't even give us Tulsa for Dallas, instead he offered a few used footballs.

Mike
You should ask Arkansas. They might be interested...

Quote:
Old 08-20-2007   #9
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Mike
I thought Dallas was in Oklahoma.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #10
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446

I live in Dallas and despise the cowgirls cocky attitude and snootiness despite the fact that they have stunk it up over the past decade. I would love to see us win in a blowout given their lack of respect for the other Texas team...
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #11
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Over here in Austin we are bombarded by the cowboys, it's sickening. The statesman newspaper has cowboy camp stories daily, the Texans get the AP writer's paragraph. And ditto what the previous post said about Academy, the other day, they had one...1!!!! Texans jersey on the rack...
So yes, I would like to see us beat the crud out of dallas Sat nite.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #12
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, playing 3 quarters of 1st teamers and game planning like this is a regular season game, should make it interesting.

The Cowboys have a strong vertical passing game right now and Romo is full of confidence. If we can somehow find a way to get a little more pressure up-front and/or stronger coverage we'll stand a good chance to defeat them.

Let's not play homerism, Dallas is a good team and a great test for the Texans. Shaub is going to be pressured like he hasn't been all preseason and it might be tough to get a good running game if they continue to let Roy Williams play close to the line of scrimmage.

I strongly feel that any Play Action is a great way to beat the Dallas secondary considering how much they depend on man coverage from the corners. Defensively, we absolutley have to get to Romo to avoid being picked off for big gains. They have playmakers on both sides of the ball so hopefully we can limit any momentum Dallas is depedent on. Overall, I'm excited to see how we stack up againt a good team and am really looking forward this Saturday.

Maybe our biggest ally is them understimating us. We all know what the Texans are capable of, the rest of the media loves to take cheap shots when possible. Hitting them square on the jaw from the start should get their attention.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read