Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-19-2007   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fisher finds answers for Young's struggles against Patriots

Quote:
"I think it was the weather, the surface, people in his face. The approach the Patriots took defensively, which was a unique approach," Fisher said Saturday.
nfl.com

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fisher finds answers for Young's struggles against Patriots

whatever...all i know is defensive coaches are studying the film on Young right now on what the Patriots did to him.

I think young is going to be a good one, but right now overrated
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I think it was a combination of things the (wet) weather, the surface, people in his face," Fisher said Saturday. "The approach that the Patriots took defensively was a unique approach. They brought people (in pass rush) almost every down from different places, dropped different people out in coverage.

"We went out in this game with a very basic game plan. We had not put ourselves in position to try to take advantage of those things."
The bolded part is of interest too. Fisher will also be looking at the film.
Old 08-19-2007   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by Brando; 08-19-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2007   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The weather and the surface? Now I don't have much of a problem with Fisher blaming the game plan and such, but blaming the weather and surface is kind of lame.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The weather and the surface? Now I don't have much of a problem with Fisher blaming the game plan and such, but blaming the weather and surface is kind of lame.
downpour...Brady had a pick too...it wasn't good game conditions for passing...but jump on VY while you can! He suxors@!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
downpour...Brady had a pick too...it wasn't good game conditions for passing...but jump on VY while you can! He suxors@!
I envy your man-crush.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2007   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Kerry Collins didn't have those problems with the weather. Hmmmm...
Old 08-19-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, in watching that game, I almost wonder if the defense retaliated for the first Tom Brady sack.

Brady got sacked early in the game on a stunt by the Titans d-line. Took a really hard shot that led to an interception. A hard enough shot that you worried Brady might be hurt. And it put the Patriots down early in the game.

And then the can of whoopass came out by the Patriots D. Almost like, okay, you gonna do that to Brady, let's show you what we will do to your guy.

I haven't read anybody else saying that, but it is just my observation.
Old 08-19-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He had 2 picks and one was returned. It was a nasty game overall. I find it humorous that people are very obssessed with one man who did nothing wrong..lol
Old 08-19-2007   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You know, in watching that game, I almost wonder if the defense retaliated for the first Tom Brady sack.

Brady got sacked early in the game on a stunt by the Titans d-line. Took a really hard shot that led to an interception. A hard enough shot that you worried Brady might be hurt. And it put the Patriots down early in the game.

And then the can of whoopass came out by the Patriots D. Almost like, okay, you gonna do that to Brady, let's show you what we will do to your guy.

I got the same feeling. The level of aggressive hitting was definitely not your normal preseason variety. That hit by Rodney on VY was brilliant though. All shoulder and then lifted his forearm into VY's chin. Now THAT is the football that I grew up with. Harrison walks the line between clean and dirty play but anyone who wouldn't want that guy on their team is just crazy. He is a baller to this day. All this leading with the helmet stuff just gets you hurt. Keep your head up and look at where you are going to hit. I remember coaches always preaching that.
Old 08-19-2007   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You know, in watching that game, I almost wonder if the defense retaliated for the first Tom Brady sack.Brady got sacked early in the game on a stunt by the Titans d-line. Took a really hard shot that led to an interception. A hard enough shot that you worried Brady might be hurt. And it put the Patriots down early in the game.

I had the same thoughts.

Old 08-19-2007   #13
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I got the same feeling. The level of aggressive hitting was definitely not your normal preseason variety. That hit by Rodney on VY was brilliant though. All shoulder and then lifted his forearm into VY's chin. Now THAT is the football that I grew up with. Harrison walks the line between clean and dirty play but anyone who wouldn't want that guy on their team is just crazy. He is a baller to this day. All this leading with the helmet stuff just gets you hurt. Keep your head up and look at where you are going to hit. I remember coaches always preaching that.
I would love to have Rodney Harrison on the Texans.
The Patriots are a better team with him out there. The Colts would have had a hard time defeating the Patriots in the AFC Championship if he was healthy.

Old 08-19-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

What I find weird is why the Patriots would throw complex defenses at VY in preseason.

If they saw him as a threat why not keep your powder dry till a game that counts, unless they are trying to get inside his head before the season starts.

Unless of course it was revenge based, which would surprise me, the Patriots organisation is to smart for petty revenge surely.
Old 08-19-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
What I find weird is why the Patriots would throw complex defenses at VY in preseason.

If they saw him as a threat why not keep your powder dry till a game that counts, unless they are trying to get inside his head before the season starts.

Unless of course it was revenge based, which would surprise me, the Patriots organisation is to smart for petty revenge surely.
I wouldn't put it past Belichik to be that petty. He is an ingrate and a pretty bad guy all in all. great coach but kinda a prick. just ask Bill and Mangini.
Old 08-19-2007   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Maybe, he feels that showing their hand will make no difference later in the season, because VY and crew don't and won't have the tools to counteract.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #17
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 7818 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Lame laundry lists of excuses should be left to the Jags....

Just man up and play better next week and it'll all be quickly forgotten.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read