Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2007   #61
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston . . we have a quarterback!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Matt looks so bold there in the pocket. I love the vibe with him on the field, more than our last QB (who did well in his game today surprisingly).
He was sacked and had a ball tipped. Typical. I don't miss that.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #62
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
Watching Schaub (Sage,too) work the pocket/pressure is a thing of beauty, something we never ever saw from what's his name. And, yes, both had pressure all around them at time including in their face and never flinched, let a lone go fetal.

It's humorus that some posters just have to find 'something' to dig at with Schaub, and that's OK--he's only going to get better...must admit,though, why don't you compare his faults to DC's...
Because comparing Schaub's talents to David Carr is like Comparing George Bush's mastery of the english language with that of the National Spelling B Champion? I really don't think that Matt's mission in his football life is to be better than David Carr. Most football players are striving for excellance. Why not compare him to that. Some of you guys mistook my earlier comments to be a dis towards Schaub. It was'nt meant to come out that way, but then again Im alot like Bush when it comes to expressing myself properly. I was just trying to state that there are some aspects of Matts game that could use some improvement....nothing more, nothing less. Im thrilled that we have him as our Qb and Im excited about the possibilities we have this season.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #63
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Now your reaching. Look.
I reach all the time, I call it speculating
Old 08-19-2007   #64
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
sooooo....

sage to atlanta for a 2 round pick? hell, sage to anywhere for a 2 round pick. i know, i know, backups are fun to have...but it seems like we could really make up some ground by getting that pick back. i know it's way to far away to think about, but i can't wait for next years draft haha...

zabransky didn't look terrible either. must be something to do with the coaching...like the head coach...being a good qb guy...i'm alluding to something here...
So, Sage shows that he's a competant backup to Schaub, so they need to trade him for a draft pick.

I don't know if I'd go along with that idea.

signed,

The GM of the Atlanta Falcons
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #65
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111674 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I see your point but I'm not sure I agree completely. It seems, at least for the QB-job, that there are alot of team politics involved in the decision-making. A head coach invests (and risks) his position on a young and upcoming QB that has the opportunity to become something great, but at the same time could be a complete flop. It's a risky investment but I at least feel that sometimes a head coach will chance on the young unproven player instead of the 'old news backup qb'.

Simply put, there's more prestige in finding the diamond in the rough than going with the so-so backup. That does not mean that the backup is no good though.
From that standpoint (and not knowing about mike vicks dog deal) they would not have made the trade. There is even more prestige in resurrecting the career of a backup. In fact, the only risk there was if you trade for Schaub. If not, you can always wait it out, and sign him next year (keep in mind we didn't know about vic at the time) without risking any draft picks. The city would have been happy as long as it wasn't DC starting, but nobody would have had very high expectations. If he makes Sage into a legit starter he is a GENIUS if not... go get Schauby next year.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #66
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
From that standpoint (and not knowing about mike vicks dog deal) they would not have made the trade. There is even more prestige in resurrecting the career of a backup. In fact, the only risk there was if you trade for Schaub. If not, you can always wait it out, and sign him next year (keep in mind we didn't know about vic at the time) without risking any draft picks. The city would have been happy as long as it wasn't DC starting, but nobody would have had very high expectations. If he makes Sage into a legit starter he is a GENIUS if not... go get Schauby next year.

Mike
But it didn't happen that way now did it? Time to move on. Schaub is the starter and Sage isn't. Get over it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Kubiak signed on to be a genius...he signed on to be a winning football coach. You don't do that by taking goofy risk. Putting all your marbles in the Sage basket would have been dumb if you ask me....Sage is a Gifford Neilson/Frank Reich/Billy Volek level QB. Good enough to come in on a pinch and play a few games but once exposed, their limitations are magnified.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #68
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
But it didn't happen that way now did it? Time to move on. Schaub is the starter and Sage isn't. Get over it.
It was a response to one of my ramblings, and a quite good one too (the comment, not the ramble)
Old 08-19-2007   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
I'm being lazy - did they give up a sack against the Bears?
yes, but that was a Brad Van Pelt moment... I'm not counting it.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #70
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think Kubiak signed on to be a genius...he signed on to be a winning football coach. You don't do that by taking goofy risk. Putting all your marbles in the Sage basket would have been dumb if you ask me....Sage is a Gifford Neilson/Frank Reich/Billy Volek level QB. Good enough to come in on a pinch and play a few games but once exposed, their limitations are magnified.
I was told it was a misdemeanor to utter those two words within the city limits of Houston or in the context of Houston football, pro, college, high school, or pee-wee...

...well, that's the word on the street
lol
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #71
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 137304 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I was told it was a misdemeanor to utter those two words within the city limits of Houston or in the context of Houston football, pro, college, high school, or pee-wee...

...well, that's the word on the street
lol
The bastard looked pretty good that day.............

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read