Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2007   #1
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default I was just thinking Ron Dayne..

ok so i was just thinking about ron dayne, he plays like he is alot younger than green though he is not, proved him self to us last season, we know he can play, why dont we start him and play ahman as 3rd down back? Ahman like i said before is a fumble king as well as older the less downs we play him the less likely to get injured. I think we should do this if not lets pray ahman doesnt go down, he is used to NFC defenses...haha.... and dayne would have to start, I am going to see how he plays today and for the rest of preseason to have a better evaluation though!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #2
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Default Re: I was just thinking Ron Dayne..

he has proven him self a beast! well if he doesnt start where would he play this year? i hear situational back?

Old 08-18-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226908 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
ok so i was just thinking about ron dayne, he plays like he is alot younger than green though he is not, proved him self to us last season, we know he can play, why dont we start him and play ahman as 3rd down back? Ahman like i said before is a fumble king as well as older the less downs we play him the less likely to get injured. I think we should do this if not lets pray ahman doesnt go down, he is used to NFC defenses...haha.... and dayne would have to start, I am going to see how he plays today and for the rest of preseason to have a better evaluation though!
Dude. Stop. You're really overthinking this 3rd down/scat back thing.

IF Ahman Green has not "lost it", he is head and shoulders better than Dayne. Green's fumblitis is overblown. There's a reason why Green has been to multiple pro bowls and Dayne hasn't. Dayne was a first round pick who has never rushed for more than a thousand yards in a season; Green has rushed for more than a thousand yards 6 times and gone to the probowl 4 times.

The only thing that's going to happen will be that our 3rd down back also happens to be our 1st and 2nd down back. No biggie and it's actually better than having that situational back. We don't tip our hand to what our play selection is going to be based on our personnel package.

Ultimately, I'm sure that Kubiak is going to play the better player but seriously, there's no way that Dayne is a better back.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #4
JohnsonFan
All Pro

i never said or thought dayne was better i am just wondering what will happen if green goes down or isnt good here

Old 08-18-2007   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114195 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude. Stop. You're really overthinking this 3rd down/scat back thing.

IF Ahman Green has not "lost it", he is head and shoulders better than Dayne. Green's fumblitis is overblown. There's a reason why Green has been to multiple pro bowls and Dayne hasn't. Dayne was a first round pick who has never rushed for more than a thousand yards in a season; Green has rushed for more than a thousand yards 6 times and gone to the probowl 4 times.

The only thing that's going to happen will be that our 3rd down back also happens to be our 1st and 2nd down back. No biggie and it's actually better than having that situational back. We don't tip our hand to what our play selection is going to be based on our personnel package.

Ultimately, I'm sure that Kubiak is going to play the better player but seriously, there's no way that Dayne is a better back.
I'm glad you answered, you used more tact than I would have.
Old 08-18-2007   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

JohnsonFan, weren't you the one who posted the other day that Wali Lundy was up there with Reggie Bush and deserved to be the #2 back over Dayne? Now you think Dayne should be our number one back???
Allstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #7
JohnsonFan
All Pro

all i am sayign is i was watching alot of dayne footage from last year and was surprised of his role thats all i like all of our backs

Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2007   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some posts makes my head hurt
Old 08-18-2007   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Soo... Who do you think is the older back?
Allstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
all i am sayign is i was watching alot of dayne footage from last year and was surprised of his role thats all i like all of our backs
And who was the opponent in this goes? Where did those defenses rank? There's a lot more to it then "watching film".

I'm still firm on the anti-Dayne campaign. I'll believe the 8+ years of film instead of the 2+ games from last year. I would prefer one of the other guys as our #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #11
JohnsonFan
All Pro

wow dayne kicked but today

Old 08-18-2007   #12
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I counted 3 catches he dropped.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #13
JohnsonFan
All Pro

he not a wide out or really a calving johnson type as one of our fellow members pointed out. he is a running back!

Old 08-18-2007   #14
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh no way ! I preferred Gado but i want to see more of walker
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he not a wide out or really a calving johnson type as one of our fellow members pointed out. he is a running back!
If by running back you mean capable of being ankle tacked by a falling defender, then yes he is a running back. Not a powerful nor shifty one, just someone you can hand the ball off to. He did however have some good distance runs, however he was immediately brought down by the first defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 08-18-2007 at 07:20 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i never said or thought dayne was better i am just wondering what will happen if green goes down or isnt good here
If Green goes down, can't get it done, or runs out of gas part of the way through the season then Ron Dayne will come in and put the running game on his back like he did last year and everything will be alright.

Depth, it's a nice problem to have isn't it.
Old 08-18-2007   #17
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If Green goes down, can't get it done, or runs out of gas part of the way through the season then Ron Dayne will come in and put the running game on his back like he did last year and everything will be alright.

Depth, it's a nice problem to have isn't it.
i agree

Old 08-19-2007   #18
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne is still the fat ass bust he's always been. A few good games last year doesn't change that fact.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Dayne is still the fat ass bust he's always been. A few good games last year doesn't change that fact.
Nice.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #20
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you're referring to the last couple of games of the season where Dayne did well...were those the same games that Vonta Leach was a starter on as well? Vonta Leach - the guy who got put in after Cook kept fumbling?
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read