Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2007   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub has a fan over at ESPN

Merrill Hoge was comparing Schaub to Leinart and said both are very good cerebral quarterbacks but he prefers Schaub because of his ability to challenge the defense with his arm to all areas of the field.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #2
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default Re: Schaub has a fan over at ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Merrill Hoge was comparing Schaub to Leinart and said both are very good cerebral quarterbacks but he prefers Schaub because of his ability to challenge the defense with his arm to all areas of the field.
wow one person in espn with some sence

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
wow one person in espn with some sence
Sense.

Sorry, I just had to take a cheap shot at you for the whole "most stupid" reply you posted in the other thread...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #4
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

oh lol i am tired its fine

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Isn't Merril Hodge the same guy that continues to bash VY?

I may be wrong (as I really don't care) but ESPN has a analyst that just continues to bash VY. Even when VY won ROY he said something like "One good year doesn't mean anything he will never develop the skills it takes to be a elite QB" and before he won ROY he said he wouldn't win it.

I wouldn't give Hodge too much credibility.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

I may be wrong (as I really don't care) but ESPN has a analyst that just continues to bash VY. Even when VY won ROY he said something like "One good year doesn't mean anything he will never develop the skills it takes to be a elite QB" and before he won ROY he said he wouldn't win it.

I would.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #7
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I would.
Well...hopefully he is right. Hopefully Schuab will be better than VY.

I would cheer for VY if he had played for the Bills or something...but since he went to Titans, and he said "I play for the real Houston team" or something he said...

I just hope when he plays us there are not people cheering for him...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2007   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would cheer for VY if he had played for the Bills or something...but since he went to Titans, and he said "I play for the real Houston team" or something he said...

That would be an insult to Tennessee fans. It implies, no states actually, that Houston has 2 teams, even though one plays in another state. Then again, look who was talking.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #9
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

the bills? no self respecting fan would cheer for the bills.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213157 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hodge isn't my favorite person on ESPN (that would be Michael Smith) but when he's right, he's right. If there was justice in the NFL world and not so much HYPE, Joseph Addai would have been rookie of the year, followed by Maurice Jones-Drew, Lawrence Maroney, Marcus Colston (had he not gotten hurt), and then maaaybe Vince Young.

Back to topic: Merrill and Jaws look at the QB position the way it has been traditionally played and evaluates players based on that standpoint. And from that standpoint: reading the D, making decisions, releasing the ball on time, Matt is a pretty good QB. He doesn't have "a cannon for an arm" like YKW did or won't win many races (what's his 40 time, 6.? j/k).

The good news is he's got a good QB skill set; the better news is, the more he plays, the better he'll get.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hodge isn't my favorite person on ESPN (that would be Michael Smith) but when he's right, he's right. If there was justice in the NFL world and not so much HYPE, Joseph Addai would have been rookie of the year, followed by Maurice Jones-Drew, Lawrence Maroney, Marcus Colston (had he not gotten hurt), and then maaaybe Vince Young.
Back to topic: Merrill and Jaws look at the QB position the way it has been traditionally played and evaluates players based on that standpoint. And from that standpoint: reading the D, making decisions, releasing the ball on time, Matt is a pretty good QB. He doesn't have "a cannon for an arm" like YKW did or won't win many races (what's his 40 time, 6.? j/k).

The good news is he's got a good QB skill set; the better news is, the more he plays, the better he'll get.
Well, at least we all know the DROY went to the right person!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

FYI, his 40 time was 5.02 (Carr 4.67).

It is interesting to see his draft profile and compare to what we have seen thus far. It appears that all the "positives" have been affirmed.......and the "negatives" are slowly being discredited............Hardly, arguable is your satement "the more he plays, the better he'll get."

Quote:
Position: QB
Class: Sr
School: Virginia
Conference: ACC
Ht., Wt.: 6'5½, 243
40 Time: 5.02
Grade: 3.42

Selected by Atlanta Falcons
Round 3, pick 27 (90 overall)

BIO: Posted passing numbers of 69.7 percent/2,952/18/10 as a senior with an efficiency rating of 141.03, even though he suffered an injury to his passing shoulder during the first game of the season. ACC Offensive Player of the Year as a junior after starting 14 games and throwing for 68.9 percent/2,976/28/7. Started six games under center as a sophomore and compiled 58.3 percent/1,524/10/8.

POSITIVES: Competitive signal-caller best in the short or intermediate passing game. Quickly sets up on the pocket, patient and buys time. Good field awareness, knows where his receivers are on the field and takes a hit in order to get the pass off. Zips the ball into the seam, accurate on the crossing patterns and puts touch on throws when necessary.

NEGATIVES: Cannot escape the rush or make throws on the move. Lacks the pinpoint pass placement and loses accuracy the further out to the flanks he is asked to throw the ball. Lacks a big league arm and not accurate with the deep pass.

ANALYSIS: An efficient signal-caller that plays within himself, Schaub has a nice feel for the position and makes good decisions in the pocket. Has limitations but should fit in nicely as a third-stringer.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Merrill Hoge was comparing Schaub to Leinart and ...
I compared their running speed in the game thread. Do I win a cookie?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read