Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-14-2007   #61
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
I can't find it on the Tacks website.. but was Pac-Thug ever benched by the Titans for violating a team rule?
I think he would have been in camp if not for the commisioner stepping in and handing out some discipline. That team is in disarray, and until this latest vince issue with his wanting to sleep with his own blankey, they have shown little or no backbone in dealing with their players.
Old 08-14-2007   #62
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

the madden curse has officially begun its attack on vince
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #63
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Were you at the Pink Floyd concert at Jeppensen/Robertson Stadium back in 1977?
1977 .. the Animals tour. The Jeppensen concert was on April 30th of 77. I was based in San Diego at the time, so I couldn't make it. But I was able to get to see the one at Anaheim Stadium a week later.

(heh . . . those two hits of sunshine that I dropped that night made it a reaally nice concert )

I can't believe that was fricken 30 years ago . . . Holy ****!

Last edited by Marcus; 08-14-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #64
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This apparently wasn't Young's first infraction...............when you're a rookie and the team leader and QB.........you can't even be responsible for being on a team flight?:

Quote:
As for the off-field issues, remember this is a man who missed a team flight but was allowed to play last year. It was only a preseason game, so coach Jeff Fisher didn't hesitate to force him out against Washington for going home when he was supposed to stay at the team hotel. Young bolted the locker room without talking to the media, another blunder. Stand up for your mistakes, Vince.
Vince
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #65
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan

besides that he fought with one of his own teamates!
Old 08-14-2007   #66
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt his dalliance is treated as anything more by his teammates than an opportunity to razz him about getting caught. These are young guys who joke around and break rules sometimes. This was a minor thing and I doubt he'll be doing it again. I'm absolutely positive Texans have broken curfew rules during training camp too.

I think there is a lot more excitement and discussion of the seriousness of his action and the interpolation of what it all means here on the board than the Titans' locker room.
Old 08-14-2007   #67
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I doubt his dalliance is treated as anything more by his teammates than an opportunity to razz him about getting caught. These are young guys who joke around and break rules sometimes. This was a minor thing and I doubt he'll be doing it again. I'm absolutely positive Texans have broken curfew rules during training camp too.

I think there is a lot more excitement and discussion of the seriousness of his action and the interpolation of what it all means here on the board than the Titans' locker room.
i dont know, they said on espn he has done before and that he went to his coach and asked if he could sleep at his house cause it was a ritual and he said no, then he sill went and did it, i mean if he is going to do that 2 times i think he will do it agian! VY is a bad influence
Old 08-14-2007   #68
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
i dont know, they said on espn he has done before and that he went to his coach and asked if he could sleep at his house cause it was a ritual and he said no, then he sill went and did it, i mean if he is going to do that 2 times i think he will do it agian! VY is a bad influence
He must really be ruining that team. I don't know how he'll ever be able to lead them to victory again.

The Titans certainly aren't a starched shirt corporate team, that's for sure. I know they've had/still have a couple of glaring bad apples, but still they are mainly a bunch of guys with similar ethics/morals as any team, even the Texans. I don't think they'll fall apart over Vince's bad example.
Old 08-14-2007   #69
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
He must really be ruining that team. I don't know how he'll ever be able to lead them to victory again.

The Titans certainly aren't a starched shirt corporate team, that's for sure. I know they've had/still have a couple of glaring bad apples, but still they are mainly a bunch of guys with similar ethics/morals as any team, even the Texans. I don't think they'll fall apart over Vince's bad example.
yea i guess ur right
Old 08-14-2007   #70
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
yea i guess ur right
I just think it's kind of funny. What was the crime? He slept at home. He better hope the Feds don't catch wind of it. I'm sure there may be a little more to the story too, but I doubt a lot more.

I understand he may be setting himself up to be perceived by his teammates as being above the rules, and I know that can be a bad dynamic. A lot of stars get prima donna treatment if they win though; that happens across all sports.
Old 08-14-2007   #71
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
I just think it's kind of funny. What was the crime? He slept at home. He better hope the Feds don't catch wind of it. I'm sure there may be a little more to the story too, but I doubt a lot more.

I understand he may be setting himself up to be perceived by his teammates as being above the rules, and I know that can be a bad dynamic. A lot of stars get prima donna treatment if they win though; that happens across all sports.
its a team rule, they said it is and has been and every player knows and can follow it but young.. come on
Old 08-15-2007   #72
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Rules are for mortals. Vince is above all that nonsense. The sooner the Titans FO realizes their mistake of trying to harness Football God, the sooner they can get on with the business of winning the next 15 Super Bowls.
Old 08-15-2007   #73
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
DB, you forgot to add that he turns the world on with his smile.

Oh, wait. I keep confusing him with Mary Tyler Moore. My bad.
Re: your goal to hijack this thread, I believe you're going to make it after all.
Old 08-15-2007   #74
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
its a team rule, they said it is and has been and every player knows and can follow it but young.. come on
I wonder ...

I also wonder if any Texans have ever broken rules ... except for motorcycles, wreckless driving, DWI, girls in rooms at the hotel, etc.
Old 08-15-2007   #75
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder ...

I also wonder if any Texans have ever broken rules ... except for motorcycles, wreckless driving, DWI, girls in rooms at the hotel, etc.
I get the other references but who had girls in their hotel rooms?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #76
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I get the other references but who had girls in their hotel rooms?
Just training camp hijinks - I should have said "girl" and "room" singular. I can't make it any less diaphanous than that.
Old 08-15-2007   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder ...

tsk, tsk...comparing mere mortals like Texans players to The Greatness. There's the basic flaw in your logic.
Old 08-15-2007   #78
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just training camp hijinks - I should have said "girl" and "room" singular. I can't make it any less diaphanous than that.
How about girls in A room?

Last edited by Koolaid Time; 08-15-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #79
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
There's the basic flaw in your logic.
Nah - just in the double standard.

Everyone likes to hold Vince to a higher standard while at the same time stating he is less than special. I'm surprised the cognitive dissonance doesn't make people's heads fly apart.

Disclaimer: I did not want to choose Young in the draft, and his play has surprised me at the pro level. I admit that he's a lot more effective than I expected this early in his career.
Old 08-15-2007   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Everyone likes to hold Vince to a higher standard while at the same time stating he is less than special.
I don't hold The Greatness to a higher standard. He is the higher standard!

People that state he is less than special will be sacrificed at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday for blasphemy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read