Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-13-2007   #1
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Was it just me??????

...or did the grass in the Yellow Lot seem better than ever this year? It seemed THICKER, FULLER and GREENER than ever before. Maybe all that rain we had in May, June and July was worth it after all.

It's going to be a good season.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Was it just me??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
...or did the grass in the Yellow Lot seem better than ever this year? It seemed THICKER, FULLER and GREENER than ever before. Maybe all that rain we had in May, June and July was worth it after all.

bpe3
The grass always seems greener at the beginning of a Super Bowl season!!!

Go Texans!!!
Old 08-13-2007   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

July showers brings green August!
Old 08-14-2007   #4
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post

bpe3
Yep...much better conditions for Yellow Lot burgers...
texanmojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #5
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

The field did look fantastic. I did hear a story once about when the SUper Bowl was here, and that the Super Bowl greenskeeper just sort of laughed at what the Texans were doing for the field when asked what they were going to be using for the big game......maybe it was a cross between Kentucky Blue Grass and California sensimillia.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #6
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

I guess in a way, this statement makes sense from us in Platinum... "The grass is greener on the other side (of Kirby)"

Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
The field did look fantastic. I did hear a story once about when the SUper Bowl was here, and that the Super Bowl greenskeeper just sort of laughed at what the Texans were doing for the field when asked what they were going to be using for the big game......maybe it was a cross between Kentucky Blue Grass and California sensimillia.
I think bpe3 was referring to the grass in the Yellow Lot...not inside the stadium.

That being said...I agree with you that the grass in the stadium looked good.
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2007   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you kidding me? The grass was horrible. Yeah, it may have gotten a lot of rain to look all nice and pretty, but that rain also brought all kinds of little creepy crawly critters. And mosquitos so big you could put a saddle on them. And don't even think about accidently dropping a lit briquette on a dry patch unless you came to the game in a fire truck.

Nope, for your own safety, I'd recommend staying as far away from the grass as possible.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #9
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

it was just you
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Are you kidding me? The grass was horrible. Yeah, it may have gotten a lot of rain to look all nice and pretty, but that rain also brought all kinds of little creepy crawly critters. And mosquitos so big you could put a saddle on them. And don't even think about accidently dropping a lit briquette on a dry patch unless you came to the game in a fire truck.

Nope, for your own safety, I'd recommend staying as far away from the grass as possible.

Odd...I thought the grass was in excellent shape. Maybe it was b/c we were near the parking lot. Sorry you had a bad experiece. Go part on the cement and leave the grass for me! j/k
Old 08-16-2007   #11
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you are all on grass.

Do me a favor and take care of Yellow Lot in a Pot "Pam" for us. You guys are lucky to have her.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read