Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-13-2007   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
VY is going to have to be Superman for these guys to have any shot at being competitive.
Superman is going to have to be Vince Young if he really wants to save the world.
Old 08-13-2007   #22
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
I thought he turned the world on with his smile. Oh wait, that was Mary Tyler Moore.

MTM Hotness!
Old 08-14-2007   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

MTM Hotness YES!! But I also kinda dug Rhoda (Valerie Harper) too - (not so much in that picture though)....
Old 08-14-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Young, you have such an economy of words....

Quote:
"Broke the rules," Young said. "Can't play. Got to go by the rules."
Way to qualify an apology:
Quote:
"If I did, I apologize to my teammates, coaches, fans, to everybody. To me, I really feel like I'm not a bad guy, but I made a bad decision to try to go home and get some rest in my own bed and should've told coach. But I didn't. That's the consequences," Young said.
Article:
Titans QB Young Apologizes
Old 08-14-2007   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"If I did,...."
Why does he say "if"? It's black and white. You either broke the rule or you didn't. Saying "if" tries to quantify it, like he thinks it might not apply to him. I guess this is what Great Leader does?
Old 08-14-2007   #26
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

We don't know the question asked before hand so we don't know what that "if" means....it could've been a question that asked if he offended anyone by what he did.........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #27
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why does he say "if"? It's black and white. You either broke the rule or you didn't. Saying "if" tries to quantify it, like he thinks it might not apply to him. I guess this is what Great Leader does?
Well with his wonderlic score maybe he really just does not know and that his brain is trying to read those big long words and understand them but they are so hard. Anything over two syllables is hard for him to comprehend.
Old 08-14-2007   #28
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post

MTM Hotness!
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worth while,
Well it's you girl and you should know it, with each glance and every little movement you show it....
Old 08-14-2007   #29
real

Quote:
LMAO! I totally spun this thread. Not a bad hijack if I do say so myself.
Mary and Rhoda were much hotter than Phyllis IMO !

Mary was hott since Dick Van Dyke!
Old 08-14-2007   #30
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

MTM Hotness!
Plus Mary is a diabetic (diabetrix?) like yours truly. She sure knows how to work that syringe.
Old 08-14-2007   #31
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Well with his wonderlic score maybe he really just does not know and that his brain is trying to read those big long words and understand them but they are so hard. Anything over two syllables is hard for him to comprehend.
:

I would love to see Shammy's Wonderlic score but honestly no one ever cared enough to look at it even on draft day. I would not be suprised if they just let him pass on it. Why would a career backup QB need to take that test?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #32
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
later in the article he says "BUT I broke the rules .... "

I think Young's beef with the situation is the fact he was the only one punished. Part of being a leader is taking the brunt of the punishment. He needs to see that. Hopefully this will help open his eyes to that.

Old 08-14-2007   #33
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

MTM Hotness!
Chicks were just hotter in the '70's.

I was born 20 years too late. If I were old enough to drive back then, I would have had a custom van with this bumper sticker.

And I would have had a van like this.

Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I would love to see Shammy's Wonderlic score but honestly no one ever cared enough to look at it even on draft day. I would not be suprised if they just let him pass on it. Why would a career backup QB need to take that test?

Well ya know, I love the career back-ip line ya know, cause ya know it was just a great ya know line ya know. but ya know they do not take ya know test after being in the ya know league ya know for 3 years ya know. But ya know he still has ya know a better ya know passing percentage ya know than ya know some other ya know qb ya know.
Old 08-14-2007   #35
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Well ya know, I love the career back-ip line ya know, cause ya know it was just a great ya know line ya know. but ya know they do not take ya know test after being in the ya know league ya know for 3 years ya know. But ya know he still has ya know a better ya know passing percentage ya know than ya know some other ya know qb ya know.
I am not really sure what you are getting at buy "ya know" 39 yard OT runs to put down a division rival usually take very little verbal communication.

But then again wins are not really the cows specialty, ya know?

Old 08-14-2007   #36
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Have you ever listened to VY speak? If have then you fully understand what I mean by the 'ya know' comments.
Old 08-14-2007   #37
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Have you ever listened to VY speak? If have then you fully understand what I mean by the 'ya know' comments.
I got it I was just not acknowledging it .....

Old 08-14-2007   #38
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Hey, we're trying to hijack a thread here, guys.
and we are not letting you
Old 08-14-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I am not really sure what you are getting at buy "ya know" 39 yard OT runs to put down a division rival usually take very little verbal communication.

But then again wins are not really the cows specialty, ya know?
Arrow.... You are sounding more and more like a cowgurls fan everyday.. Keep living in the past.... ya know

"His Absenteeness" will need to produce a lot more than a 39 yard scamper for the Titans to win more than 6 games this year... ya know..
Old 08-14-2007   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

At least our 'backup QB' Shaub can follow simple team rules.

I suppose The Greatness follows team rules like he follows the team's playbook, 'eh?

"Don't need no stinkin' rules!!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read