Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-13-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool NFL Network HD

Please take a minute, if you're a Comcast subscriber, to e-mail them and request this station
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #2
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: NFL Network HD

No ******! Pisses me off we have to beg for stations we should already have.

Got an e-mail addy for them?
Old 08-13-2007   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: NFL Network HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER View Post

I wish. You have to go to their site, put in your mailing address, then you can fill out a form. Lame, I know.

*in other news, the Big Ten Network, exclusive carrier of many Ohio State games will no be carried by Time Warner in Ohio. This crap is out of control.*
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-13-2007   #4
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:

Tell me about it...there is a new email the NFL Network sends out for you if you type in your name and address to our congressmen about the NFL Network being with held from us.....I did get a response but don't have a clue what she was trying to say...lol....maybe someone can figure it out...

Thank you for contacting me regarding the NFL Network. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this matter.

Many cable consumers are unhappy with prices and tight controls over channel packaging. In most areas only one provider offers service, limiting consumer choice and competition. The Senate Commerce Committee is holding hearings on these issues to determine whether legislation is appropriate to help foster competition in the industry. Investment in new cable wiring networks and the expansion of existing systems would furnish customers with the choices they seek and help the cable industry be more responsive to consumers' demands.

Congress has passed a law that will force all broadcasters to use digital signals for their transmissions by February 19, 2009. This was an important step so the analog frequencies can be used for emergency services and new technology. As part of this transition, an issue that has arisen is whether cable companies should be required to carry multiple broadcast channels.

Through advances in technology in the digital realm, it is possible for a broadcaster to transmit (or multi-cast) several channels over the same frequency. At issue is the requirement for cable companies to carry multiple channels from a single broadcaster. Currently, the Federal Communication Commission rule states that only one "primary video" and "program-related" channel must be aired. Many argue that allowing broadcasters to multi-cast several channels will increase consumer choice by ensuring access to a variety of programming, such as local news, religious and minority shows. Congress is in the process of determining the outcome of this controversial issue. As we move forward with digital television conversion, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

LOL, she's talking about the fact ALL TV signals will be digital and HD in the future. Completely unrelated to what you complained of.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-13-2007   #6
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
LOL, she's talking about the fact ALL TV signals will be digital and HD in the future. Completely unrelated to what you complained of.
Lovely, thank you Yankee for relaying that to me....
Old 08-13-2007   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:

directv.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_girl View Post
Lovely, thank you Yankee for relaying that to me....
I was going to say it is politician speak for we have to have a committee to look at the committee and to study this further. Once we have done that, we will need to look at how much money we are making from lobbyst and if the concern is greater than the kick-backs I get and my re-election is in jepordy then and only then will we actually respond to what you asked.

sorry I am a bit jaded.
Old 08-13-2007   #9
4x4Tahoe

Good idea, it's still not offered??? I've heard it comes with the basic channels with satellite. What about AT&T/U-Verse? A salesman came by a couple weeks ago with a price list for all of their services. Looked a lot better than Comcast, I may be switching soon.
Old 08-14-2007   #10
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I get it with Direct TV, it shows up on channel 94. NFL Network is on 212, and a lot of people dont know to poke around. Sometimes the Stros are in HD on that channel also.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Comcast does carry home Stros games, FXSN HD 302ish
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-14-2007   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

What a lame answer, I could have provided that seven years ago.

Get the dish as cable companies are in cahoots with the Congress as they are trying to get into your house for more than just cable, along with the phone companies, utilities, Cisco, Microsoft, Google.......
Old 09-28-2007   #13
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Its coming! Channel 300 starting Tuesday.

I'll assume Yankee pulled this off.
Old 09-28-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Its coming! Channel 300 starting Tuesday.

I'll assume Yankee pulled this off.
If you're lying, I'll hunt you down in your sleep.

If this is for real...

link?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-28-2007   #15
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Try this...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5171432.html

Here's some good HD news: Comcast Cable will launch NFL Network HD on channel 300 and TBS HD, just in time for the baseball playoffs, on channel 303 beginning Tuesday. ...
Old 09-28-2007   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Yet I still have no NFL Network thanks Timewarner for being total ignorant of the customers needs and wishes.
Old 09-28-2007   #17
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yet I still have no NFL Network thanks Timewarner for being total ignorant of the customers needs and wishes.
TWC doesn't give a damn about any of their subscribers....As long as they know they have NOOO competition.....
Old 09-28-2007   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Try this...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5171432.html

Here's some good HD news: Comcast Cable will launch NFL Network HD on channel 300 and TBS HD, just in time for the baseball playoffs, on channel 303 beginning Tuesday. ...
Tried to give you rep, said I have to spread it around! Now we just need ESPN U and (I) need Big Ten HD
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-28-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Tried to give you rep, said I have to spread it around! Now we just need ESPN U and (I) need Big Ten HD
I have espnu and CSTV. So I guess there is that I can brag about, but nah I want my NFLN.
Old 10-04-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Ahhh, it's wonderful!!!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read