Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2007   #1
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bears game Reliant atmosphere...

What did y'all think? I though for a 1st pre-season, it was a decent crowd, maybe 3/4 to 7/8th's full. Texans used the same video and "Thunderstruck" during opening on the video, which is nice.
I do wish they would upgrade the music when the team is introduced...I would suggest ZZ Top's "La Grange", the song they use now is just overplayed...not sure what it is though.

I like the Home field advantge ads, those were neat. Didn't really notice anything different up where we are, Section 638, as far as the "Gridiron, Texas" theme. SOme guy came by and threw some t-shirts out, but nothing else I noticed.

I know that the on field product will bring with winning more excitement, more 'atmosphere'. It will happen.

One thing that bugs me is how many people sell off their tickets and they end up in the opposing team's fans hands...but again, this will go away with winning.

Pep Band played at 1/2 time, and they had 3 young boys do a football obstacle course. Seems like they could have had a stop watch on the video screen so we could see what the little fellows were running. Plus, maybe more than just 3 kids running too.

I'm not trying to nit pick, but I see areas where the Texans and Reliant can continue to build traditions.

Oh, and we NEED a real cannon!!!!!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read