Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #41
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer
texansgal8,

A bad season for Kris Brown Show me one game this year that he has cost a win for the Texans!!! Look how many game balls he received this year also. Not to make any excuses for any of his misses but do you even realize how many other factors that come into play before his foot even touches the football. F.Y.I and for everyone else, he has been plagged with an on going "Hip Inductor" injury since the home game with the Colts that happened during warm ups... which as of Saturday before the Brown's game it was still extremly difficult for him to even walk. I am not trying to make any excuses but like with Chad Stanley's on going injury find out your facts before you bash someone.

I bet DiapHer used to be a kicker in high school; hell, maybe even in college
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #42
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Name ONE game Kris Brown has cost us this year? What do you mean a "bad year?" He has had some problems since the Colts game due to an unpublished unjury, and he just about got his head knocked off making a terrific HIT, but HEY, let's get rid of him! Let's not mention the terrific tackle he made againt the jags player, which would have resulted in a TD if he had not made it. Our kicking team is the least of our problems!! Kris Brown plays with more heart and passion than most of the team put together. He is always there to support his fellow teammates, regardless. Yes, he has missed a few kicks the past few games, but he has been very consistant until his injury. You don't kick somone down and try to get rid of him just because he is injured.
Well you obviously didn't read what i wrote very well....I said STANLEY just doesn't seem to play with his heart into it being he never punts the ball down the field very far...As far as Kris, Yes he plays with heart, but if hes injured, he doesn't need to play...That was my point...I'd rather have a replacement kickers then having 2 who are playing hurt because of better records...Good records or not, you don't play your best when hurt...I watch all the games also, so don't judge me, worry about your own OPINIONS AND I'LL WORRY ABOUT MINE....Enough said, i'm not about to argue with you anymore on this subject...DON'T LIKE MY OPINION, DON'T READ IT.....Texans have worse problems then the kickers right now, they are only a part that has contributed to this season games...

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 01-03-2005 at 04:20 PM.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #43
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Here's how it went from where I sat:

1. Carr gets flattened by McKinley - stays down for a while but walks off under his own power a few minutes later (wind knocked out of him per comments this morning).

2. Banks enters game (to cheers).

3. Banks throws a dump off to Davis who takes it for 16 yards.

4. Carr re-enters game to a loud chorus of boos.

5. Carr runs for 20. Everyone cheers.

6. I shake my head.
Maybe the fans were Booing Dom Capers for putting Carr back in the game after he had spent so much time getting the dog **** kicked out of him. With two minutes left in the game, and the amount Carr was getting hurt, I thought Capers should have kept him out, rather than risk hurting our QB at the end of the season that was a wash at that point.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #44
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Maybe the fans were Booing Dom Capers for putting Carr back in the game after he had spent so much time getting the dog **** kicked out of him. With two minutes left in the game, and the amount Carr was getting hurt, I thought Capers should have kept him out, rather than risk hurting our QB at the end of the season that was a wash at that point.
Maybe, but i think they should have let Banks finish and see what he could do rather then Carr possibly getting hurt worse...But i guess Carr felt he needed to go back in to re-gain his confidence....Poor guy...I felt for him...
Old 01-03-2005   #45
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
1. Carr gets flattened by McKinley - stays down for a while but walks off under his own power a few minutes later (wind knocked out of him per comments this morning).

6. I shake my head.
That's the emotional state after having too many beers ...

And those of you dogging Kris Brown... proceed with caution. You are arguing with those that have the inside track ..

And I'm with those who thought Banks should have been allowed to finish up the game.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #46
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish that K. Brown or C. Stanley "could and should" have a replacement for when they are injured, i.e. his concussion after the first game making a tackle, playing when he shouldn't have the very next game!!! Every player is on the field for everyone's enjoyment taking risks every Sunday. I understand totally your frustration but you still haven't taken in the whole perspective of other factors that you failed to take into consideration that I mentioned!!!
DiapHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #47
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer
I wish that K. Brown or C. Stanley "could and should" have a replacement for when they are injured, i.e. his concussion after the first game making a tackle, playing when he shouldn't have the very next game!!! Every player is on the field for everyone's enjoyment taking risks every Sunday. I understand totally your frustration but you still haven't taken in the whole perspective of other factors that you failed to take into consideration that I mentioned!!!
I understand what your saying also...Iam frustrated too and i never said Kris was not good, i know he is, but they said he was not playing his best due to past injuries...I didn't know they didn't have any replacement kickers...What happenes if he is seriously hurt??? Who would kick, i'm just curious..so i don't mean to offend anyone, we all have our frustrations sometimes when things aren't going well......thank you for the info though...
Old 01-03-2005   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

6. I shake my head.
yep, that's what I recall.

Sad, really. And completely without class on the part of those fans.

You can be frustrated as a fan but still act with dignity. Just wait until the TEAM is leaving the field, or the clock winds down, if you must boo.

But booing your QB, who just got hurt, and has been playing behind one of the sorriest O-lines in memory, is just pathetic. (That O-line would make Tomy Brady and Payton Manning look like garbage QBs, too!)

I'm extremely disappointed in many Houston Texans fans (between the no-shows, leave-earlies, and boobirds). All these years of defending Houston fans, and now I regret it. Maybe what everyone has been saying all these years about "us" has been correct.

I guess some of you are happy that OUR team has to hear those boos for the next eight months! I guess the honeymoon is over. Playoffs or an empty stadium policy in effect NOW!!!!! Pathetic.

Texans fan and season ticket holder for life,

DB

p.s. I save my boos for opposing teams and referees
Old 01-03-2005   #49
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Stop Booing Carr! If anyone deserves to be boo'd it's the O-Line.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #50
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE
Stop Booing Carr! If anyone deserves to be boo'd it's the O-Line.
Thats what i'll always agree with...We seen what Carr can do when the o-line does their job....The man's not superman, he can't carry the whole team, the o-line has to do their part....I blame it on having no direction from the coaching staff as well.....or i sould say POOR DIRECTION....
Old 01-03-2005   #51
TexansJunkE
Veteran

I was at the game and I myself got frustrated at the outcome, but I can understand a little about the boo's as long as theay are not dirested at Carr and rather the coaching and play calling. When the browns go deep on us showing that they did not respect us that says something. We should have been the one's going deep first. We just looked like *****s going deep right after they did. It's time to start looking at the coaching staff. I'm not saying to fire anyone , but put a little heat on them.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #52
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent
Default Palmer Go

Couldn't be easier.

There is no compelling reason for keeping him as the offensive coordinator.

Horrible.
coachdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #53
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There was no question who the boos were being directed at, and it wasn't Capers (based on the "Carr, You Suck" stuff I was hearing all around me).
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #54
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know what to think when I heard all the booing. I was just shocked. I don't ever see a time when booing is "good".
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #55
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid
I didn't know what to think when I heard all the booing. I was just shocked. I don't ever see a time when booing is "good".
I am there to support and help my team win. I just never felt (and never will) feel like booing would help.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #56
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

One word COACHES. When McNair starts getting hit in the pocket book which it sounds like might be happening, he will act. Personally with the television and paper stuff, I suspect there has been some A...... Kicking going on, but no one can be certain and no one is going to tell................. Short of us opening up the pocket book during FA, nothing is going to happen. I could understand McNair not doing so because he's already shelled out a lot for nothing. We have paid a lot of money for nonproductive old timers who should be retiring. People think next year will be a run for the playoffs. I beg to differ with you. I think it will be a run for the bottom as any team with any kind of offensive ability has hurt us badly..
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #57
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Wrong. He is part of the problem. He managed the game poorly and his pocket presence was horrific. He had plenty of opportunities to step up yesterday but he is trained to do one thing at the slightest sense of pressure. He was a deer in headlights yesterday and played a very poor game.

I guess thats what makes us different you have your opinion and i have mine either way we lost.So now I am going to lick my wounds and gear up for 05,no more replying to this thread for me.
Old 01-04-2005   #58
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Wow... I wonder if this is how the Jags fans felt last week.
Nah, cause the Texans are not a bottom 3 team. Jag's fans are upset cause their team could not win a game when it mattered. However it should be no surprise. Jacksonville is not a playoff team yet and I think most fans knew it. Next year however the playoffs will be expected.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read