Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Stanley was hurt all year

Now I feel bad for getting on him about his poor kicking. He kept going out there with a bummed knee and kept trying, just like the Texans creed states: Courage.

Stanley will have surgery next week.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #2
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Now I feel bad for getting on him about his poor kicking. He kept going out there with a bummed knee and kept trying, just like the Texans creed states: Courage.

Stanley will have surgery next week.
Then if hes hurt, i'd rather see a replacement kicker in his place...If hes nottt playing to his potential, don't cost us points by leaving him in....I don't like to see anyone hurt and i don't want to appear unsympathetic, but at the same time i don't feel sorry for him if he was playing knowing he wouldn't be any good and risking in many cases the game, like the packers game with missed FG's......
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone ever wonder what it takes for a team to get investigated by the league for gundecking an injury report?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I do believe it is against NFL rules for a team not to report a player is injured; I don't check injury lists so I don't know if they did report it or not but I would think they'd be writing a check to the NFL if they withheld information about him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

He took quite a bit of the boo-birds yesterday too.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I do believe it is against NFL rules for a team not to report a player is injured; I don't check injury lists so I don't know if they did report it or not but I would think they'd be writing a check to the NFL if they withheld information about him.
I was wondering about that. Since SOMEONE ELSE ( :-P) published it on the this website, I guess I can repeat Kris Brown has been hurt for several games, also...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #7
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
I was wondering about that. Since SOMEONE ELSE ( :-P) published it on the this website, I guess I can repeat Kris Brown has been hurt for several games, also...
How in god's name do our kickers get hurt? Besides the concussion KRis had earlier this season from trying to make a tackle, what could the have done. Pulled a muscle in prac.?
Old 01-03-2005   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure, but I think they only have to report an injury if the player isn't going to play or is in doubt for playing. As long as they play, I think everthing is copastetic.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
How in god's name do our kickers get hurt? Besides the concussion KRis had earlier this season from trying to make a tackle, what could the have done. Pulled a muscle in prac.?
I guess from pulled ligaments which is understandable, but surely they have workouts to strengthen their legs which should prevent less injuries...I don't quite understand that either...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Players must be put on the injury report if they do not participate in 11 on 11 drills.
Old 01-03-2005   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I feel bad for calling him Shak-ley now...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Players must be put on the injury report if they do not participate in 11 on 11 drills.
Do punters and kickers actually participate in 11 on 11? I thought they were just off to the side somewhere doing their thing, particularly kickers. I guess punt return practice and KR practice would be it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #13
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Well, when you really think about it he only had a few bad kicks, all late in the season. 90% of the season, and pretty much all of 2002 and 2003, we didn't see a single shank. The bad kicks in the Bears game could have been a combination of a bad knee and the weather, so really it's just this last game he had a couple of ugly punts. I guess they didn't expect it to effect him this much.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #14
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Default Stanley kept quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD

I also believe it is against NFL rules for a team not to report an injury. Stanley never said anything about his injury until yesterday (after the season was over. I read the article in today's Chronicle.
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #15
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

K. Brown was on the injured list after that game with what they call a "hip inductor". And it did happen during warm ups and he has been getting therapy everyday for it. Kick offs seem to be the main thing that aggrivates it the most and rest is the main cure, it is similar to a groin pull but much much worse.
DiapHer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read