Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2005   #1
Bayern
Veteran

Default Too early to talk draft?

Allright....
I agree that a nose tackle in replacement of Payne and some good OL are the first needs for Houston, but I would really find it hard to resist a guy like Mike Williams if he fell to the Texans at number 13.
The guy is obviously a stud and when he was a potential pick last year he was rated right up there with Fitzgerald and Roy Williams and in that class would of been drafted higher. This year it looks like a few running backs and defense will draw the high picks, and Houston at 13th is probably too low to get a tackle like Alex Barron or DBrickashaw Ferguson. If Bradford is not going to be a Texan anymore (and I really don't think he should be) then it would be a huge step in the right direction to get a big fast runner to compliment AJ on the other side. AJ would not be drawing the double teams the way he is now, and maybe with another quality guy out there someone will get open. Just MO.

I might be asking for criticism with this post but if he drops to 13th (which is very possible), would you take him?
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read