Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question about the O line...

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why in the last 2 games has DD been able to put up such good rushing numbers? I understand yesterday we played the Browns, but he put up better numbers against the Jags 2 weeks ago, who have one of the best run stopping defenses in the NFL. My question is though why has DD done so well the last 2 games and Carr has been sacked and pressured so much the last 2 games? Is the zone blocking scheme finally working that well that it makes our rushing game look that good while our pass blocking still sucks this bad. I just do not understand what is going on...
Old 01-03-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

In my feeble little head - yep. Step one accomplished on the zone blocking for the run.. push the defense back and makea gap. Step two to be figured out zone blocking for the pass.. hold your ground pushing the defense to the sides and not having a FRIGGIN RUSH UP THE MIDDLE so the QB can step up and throw.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a long way from an expert about line play, but as I understand it, the zone blocking scheme is only a run thing and doesn't come into play for pass blocking. The other thing I find perplexing is that run blocking is supossidly harder to do and get good at than pass blocking. Hate to see how bad the pass blocking would be the other way round.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Well, against the Jags he had a couple really nice runs and the rest went for 2-3 yards if we were lucky. I will admit though he has been running a lot better these last few weeks or so.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read