Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-06-2007   #101
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince not lighting it up in camp

Whoa...I just noticed this was a Vince Young thread - I was just using the new posts feature and not paying attention. What happened?
Old 08-06-2007   #102
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

HAHA now that is funny.

Old 08-06-2007   #103
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
He had a good year as number 2 receiver by Texans standards. People talk about him having a bad year because he is no longer a Texan. That is really the only thing that matters. The assumptions are that:

Major premise: Kubiak never make mistakes
Minor premise: Moulds was cut
Conclusion: Moulds sucks

If the conclusion is wrong, one of the premises is wrong.
Your logic is faulty regardless of the truth of the premises. You have assumptions that have not been specified. For example:

Premise: Kubiak cut Moulds.
Premise: Kubiak only cuts people who suck.
Premise: Kubiak identifies sucking players with 100% accuracy.
Conclusion: Moulds sucks.

Now we've got something that we can work with. NOW we can say that at least one of the premises is wrong and possibly, all three.

The decision to cut Moulds may or may not have come from Kubiak. Moulds might have been cut for reasons other than his supposed suckage. Kubiak definitely cannot identify sucking players with 100% accuracy although I think he's not very bad at identifying suckage.

And finally, Moulds may or may not suck. He might suck and that still not be the reason he was cut.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #104
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As far as 57 catches being a good year as a Texans WR, I've looked at some other teams no. 2's numbers, and they seem to be around the lower half of the league, but not entirely a crappy year.
Thanks. I was too lazy to look at league-wide numbers. I thought someone had posted earlier that Moulds had more catches than any 2nd receiver for the Texans, so that is why I stated it as I did.
Old 08-06-2007   #105
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Your logic is faulty regardless of the truth of the premises.
Not true! It is well documented here that Kubiak doesn't make mistakes. All the rest follows from that.

Or maybe bringing that assumption to light was the point of my rather jocular post..........
Old 08-06-2007   #106
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

How did we get from "Vince not lighting it up in camp" to "Moulds might suck"?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #107
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need a new direction here, to bring us back into the main topic.
I suggest: McKinney can't dunk.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #108
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince barely completed 50% of his throws and threw more INT's than TD's....

Just to get back on topic...
Old 08-06-2007   #109
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Young will be throwing to Moulds, so it's in the ball park.
Old 08-06-2007   #110
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Vince barely completed 50% of his throws and threw more INT's than TD's....

Just to get back on topic...
Bill you are not just drinking the coolaid you are swimming with the ice bathing in it ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #111
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Threads usually self destruct at around 5 or 6 pages.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #112
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Bill you are not just drinking the coolaid you are swimming with the ice bathing in it ....
He's right Bill.You see,when talking with titan fans you can't use actual facts and logic.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just doin' my part to get things back on topic my man..

By the way, when it comes to "His Highness", I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I am flat out drinkin' the Hater-Aid!!!
Old 08-07-2007   #114
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just doin' my part to get things back on topic my man..

By the way, when it comes to "His Highness", I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I am flat out drinkin' the Hater-Aid!!!
I have a feeling Young is going to drop a Baby Ruth in the Texans punch come this season.

Discuss....

Old 08-07-2007   #115
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I have a feeling Young is going to drop a Baby Ruth in the Texans punch come this season.

Discuss....
That wasn't the feeling you were having. The 'feeling' was a tremor out there in Cali, that caused you to drop a Baby Ruth...

All the Texans have to do is to stop the run and the Tinbread offense is rendered impotent.. "ya know?"
Old 08-07-2007   #116
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Discuss....
What kind of a "man" spends his time online talking about baby ruths and koolaid?

Another weird comment from BlazingArrow when he is running out of things to say...

I think Matt Schaub is going to put soap in the tinbreads showers, or toothbrushes near their bathroom sinks.

Discuss.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #117
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
That wasn't the feeling you were having. The 'feeling' was a tremor out there in Cali, that caused you to drop a Baby Ruth...

All the Texans have to do is to stop the run and the Tinbread offense is rendered impotent.. "ya know?"
Quakes are over before you realize what is happening 99% of the time. I remember during the bigger one that hit in 89 that I actually turned and asked someone (who was not there) to stop shaking the table.

Old 08-07-2007   #118
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
What kind of a "man" spends his time online talking about baby ruths and koolaid?

Another weird comment from BlazingArrow when he is running out of things to say...

I think Matt Schaub is going to put soap in the tinbreads showers, or toothbrushes near their bathroom sinks.

Discuss.
Let me make this easy for you:

Bill now:

Texans play the Titans:

Bill after:

It would be easier if you knew who the Koolaid man was or had seen CaddyShack.

As always keeping it classy Shack75. Maybe we should open up another smack off thread where I totally pwn you so badly that even the people on your own board vote for me.

Old 08-07-2007   #119
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Discuss....
Vince is gonna drop a Baby Ruth when he is running for his life the entire game. Lets hope Vince doesn't have hemorrhoids cus peanuts don't digest right and have sharp jagged edges when they come out the other end.

I guess when Vince cries after this loss it will be for a different reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill
I personally like the Battle Red flavor of Hater-aid.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #120
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It would be easier if you knew who the Koolaid man was or had seen CaddyShack.
Do you seriously think that I don't know what you were alluding to? The allusion was a bit of a reach. I guess that's what the marbles rolling around upstairs came up with.

Quote:
As always keeping it classy Shack75. Maybe we should open up another smack off thread where I totally pwn you so badly that even the people on your own board vote for me.
If I had the time, I would be glad to. But Sparrow, you are filed in the "waste of time" section... Right by the tinbreads offseason aquisitions.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read