Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-06-2007   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best 610 call ever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
For that kind of jack, I highly recommend a custom jersey. Heck, for $85 you can get a custom replica jersey, and unless you plan on changing your name, you can wear it for the next couple of decades.

I stopped buying player jerseys after the first year. I'd rather sport my own name and number!
LMAO... Eventually I will go that route, but right now its just GP!!!
Old 08-06-2007   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
D. Maybe they spent $230.00 on their jersey and don't want to spend that much on another one. Thus they still wear their Sharper..errrrrrrrrr Carr jersey.
Carr stunk as a Texan. Sharper was good as a Texan.

I have no problem with people wearing ex-Texans jerseys. I guess it's just the thought of Carr being such a waste of the organization's time and money that makes me wonder why people would still support him by wearing his jersey.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Old 08-06-2007   #23
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The caller had a great idea - #8 is just bad karma in these parts and unless Schaub thinks it makes him play better (some players are of course very superstitous), why would he care ? Better yet, extend the contribution population to all fans and not just season ticket holders.
How much better would we all feel with our new QB wearing his college # which was 7. When I see that # I think of John Elway and not Davie Carr.
'Nough said.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Your new name - Bitter Bill
Nicely done, sir...
Old 08-06-2007   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Best 610 call ever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The caller had a great idea - #8 is just bad karma in these parts and unless Schaub thinks it makes him play better (some players are of course very superstitous), why would he care ? Better yet, extend the contribution population to all fans and not just season ticket holders.
How much better would we all feel with our new QB wearing his college # which was 7. When I see that # I think of John Elway and not Davie Carr.
'Nough said.
Just as soon as Turk the Thumper gets the #1 spot....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 08-06-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #26
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt that Schaub has a clue about how profound and negative the feelings
are of many of the fans about David Carr. Had he been here during the whole fiasco of the Texans decision to retain Carr and thereby pass on one of the citys favorite sons, he would have an understanding of the intensly negative vibes jersey #8 sends out to many, many fans. The Texans FO doesn't have a clue either.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Even though he wore #7 in college, maybe he didn't want it because of the guy he backed up at Altlanta. Not because the dog issue (he made the decision to wear #8 before the indictment), but maybe he thought it would be cheesy...
Old 08-06-2007   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy...I don't have to convert anything.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #29
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I just popped off a few lines of sequins, squeeked in a new line or two and I'm good for another year!
Hey, customizing a jersey is expensive so I'm glad to keep the same number.
After all, it's the MAN in the jersey that matters to me, not the number he's wearing! See ya Saturday
Old 08-06-2007   #30
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
I just popped off a few lines of sequins, squeeked in a new line or two and I'm good for another year!
Hey, customizing a jersey is expensive so I'm glad to keep the same number.
After all, it's the MAN in the jersey that matters to me, not the number he's wearing! See ya Saturday
Here's the Houston Chronicle's instructions on how to convert your jersey:

link

Personally, I would recommend spending a few extra dollars getting a T-shirt/monogram shop to do the iron on letters. Their press is hotter and the letters will stick better. It doesn't cost much.
Old 08-06-2007   #31
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

link

Personally, I would recommend spending a few extra dollars getting a T-shirt/monogram shop to do the iron on letters. Their press is hotter and the letters will stick better. It doesn't cost much.
My hero!

Old 08-06-2007   #32
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm happy...I don't have to convert anything.
yup. no DC jersey in my wardrobe. that is sheeple wear to the Nth degree.

Why not just break out a Matt Stevens or Victor Riley jersey, it says pretty much the same thing.
Old 08-06-2007   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yup. no DC jersey in my wardrobe. that is sheeple wear to the Nth degree.

Why not just break out a Matt Stevens or Victor Riley jersey, it says pretty much the same thing.
Those Boselli jerseys are a hot commodity too..
Old 08-06-2007   #34
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

link

Steph, can I borrow your "I'm a TEXAN" handbag? It will look great with my shoes
Old 08-06-2007   #35
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not everyone can afford an actual jersey. Some of us college kids have to settle with an undershirt spray-painted with the word Texans.
Old 08-06-2007   #36
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny, Cause Foot Locker in the mall close to me was clearing out jerseys, Had a Buy one, get one free, priced at 20 dollars. giant rack of Carr jerseys, and a few other ones mixed in. Ended up finally getting a Dom Davis jersey and picked up another andre. Yeah, I know, nobody needs 4 andre's...but why not.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Not everyone can afford an actual jersey. Some of us college kids have to settle with an undershirt spray-painted with the word Texans.
go bid one dollar...that will be the high bid

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #38
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

"Eliminate The Eight"

That was a funny call.

I bought a Schaub jersey right after he signed. It was funny how I keep getting "carr sux" comments.

I think him picking up the #8 says that Schaub Ain't Skeered. That he is ready for the challenge. You gotta like it. Not too many people have the 'nads for that.
TEXANSTAILGATER is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read