Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-06-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Best 610 call ever!!

A woman called in. Suggested every PSL/Season ticket holder send in $100. The idea is to buy "8" back from Schaub. Schaub will then take the fan money, match it, and donate it all to charity. She said "8" has bad mojo and should be banned.

LMAO.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Best 610 call ever!!

How about #8 be removed out of courtesy, and the poor suffering PSL holders like myself get re-imbursed $100.

That sounds like a plan.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

How about people get over the idea that the number 8 is any different from any other number and just be grateful that their old David Carr jerseys can be converted to Matt Schaub jerseys at a minimal cost. The man did everyone a favor by choosing that number and all I ever see is crying about it.

For me it's enough that David Carr is no longer wearing the number. Obviously that's not good enough for some Texans fans. I wonder if there is an even smaller group I haven't seen yet who think we should change the teams colors and logo because Carr wore them? Maybe the Texans should move over to the Astrodome because Carr played in Reliant Stadium.
Old 08-06-2007   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How about people get over the idea that the number 8 is any different from any other number and just be grateful that their old David Carr jerseys can be converted to Matt Schaub jerseys at a minimal cost. The man did everyone a favor by choosing that number and all I ever see is crying about it.
Yup. I'm converting a bunch over.
Old 08-06-2007   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

For me it's enough that David Carr is no longer wearing the number. Obviously that's not good enough for some Texans fans. I wonder if there is an even smaller group I haven't seen yet who think we should change the teams colors and logo because Carr wore them? Maybe the Texans should move over to the Astrodome because Carr played in Reliant Stadium.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

First, where are y'all getting the patches to convert over? I need the inside skinny!

Second, I am excited that we have someone to wear #8 who may make us forget all about The One Formerly Known As #8. Think about it - who wore #34 for the Oilers prior to Earl?
Old 08-06-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Best 610 call ever!!

*shrugs*

I thought it was funny. I need to think of a way to convert my #37 jersey, lol. Actually, gonna' buy a new one, haven't decided who yet.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sticking with my Sharper jersey - based on general principle..
Old 08-06-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is a memory of our past now. He did nothing to warrant retiring the no. 8, so I say it's fair game that it's up for grabs. I feel confident that Schaub will make us forget it was ever used by someone else.

Quote:
A woman called in. Suggested every PSL/Season ticket holder send in $100.
I'd rather every PSL owner send the TDC the money so we can buy a tailgate bus. Every donator gets free breakfast tacos for life at our tailgating games.
Old 08-06-2007   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I went on ebay shortly after we got Schaub and bought a Carr jersey. It was Battle Red with the sew on letters and cost $15. The guy was just trying to dump his excess inventory.

I used a sewing tool my wife had to remove the letters. It looked like a little hook with a blade on the inside. Very easy to use and worked like a charm.

Then I used the Texans jersey font (I got it from someone here on the board, I wish I could remember who) and printed out SCHAUB in the same size letters as the ones that came on the jersey. made a perfect template.

The letters are actually a lot like white vinyl so I bought some material at the fabric store and cut them out. Sewed them back on and it looks pretty good IMO.
Old 08-06-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Herv - we were talking about that at TC. Someone should start mass producing them and sell them for $5/10 each. They'd make a fortune
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-06-2007   #12
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Martha Stewart has nothing on Herv.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
First, where are y'all getting the patches to convert over? I need the inside skinny!

Second, I am excited that we have someone to wear #8 who may make us forget all about The One Formerly Known As #8. Think about it - who wore #34 for the Oilers prior to Earl?
If you have a cheaper jersey than Herv's, with the iron on letters instead of the sewn on ones, you can do this:

Go to a fabric store and find some jersey fabric that matches. "High Fashion fabrics" downtown has a bit selection.

Then go to a T-shirt/embrodery shop that has a hot press, and get them to press-on letters on the fabric.

Then cut out the rectangle of fabric that has the Carr letters on it, and replace it with the new fabric.

Getting the exact match with the fabric is kinda hard, but my jerseys are so tricked out anyways, that I'm not really trying to match to carefully.
Old 08-06-2007   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
I went on ebay shortly after we got Schaub and bought a Carr jersey. It was Battle Red with the sew on letters and cost $15. The guy was just trying to dump his excess inventory.

I used a sewing tool my wife had to remove the letters. It looked like a little hook with a blade on the inside. Very easy to use and worked like a charm.

Then I used the Texans jersey font (I got it from someone here on the board, I wish I could remember who) and printed out SCHAUB in the same size letters as the ones that came on the jersey. made a perfect template.

The letters are actually a lot like white vinyl so I bought some material at the fabric store and cut them out. Sewed them back on and it looks pretty good IMO.

The Texans shop at the Galleria is dumping a lot of Carr jerseys.
Old 08-06-2007   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is kind of off topic and kind of a random rant. After attending several practices I've been taken aback at the amount of people showing up wearing Carr jerseys.

Why would one do this?
A. Bandwagoner just wanting to fit in.
B. Carr fan
C. Actually thinks Carr is still the QB
D. Enter your own reason.
Old 08-06-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Martha Stewart has nothing on Herv.
yeah, but can Herv make potpourri out of used fabric softener sheets and pine cones?

Quote:
I know this is kind of off topic and kind of a random rant. After attending several practices I've been taken aback at the amount of people showing up wearing Carr jerseys.

Why would one do this?
B. Carr fan
D. Because it's the only Texans jersey they've got?
Old 08-06-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, but can Herv make potpourri out of used fabric softener sheets and pine cones?

D. Because it's the only Texans jersey they've got?
Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather wear a plain t-shirt if I didn't own a different jersey.

Eh..it was just puzzling to me. No biggie.
Old 08-06-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Why would one do this?
B. Carr fan
D. Maybe they spent $230.00 on their jersey and don't want to spend that much on another one. Thus they still wear their Sharper..errrrrrrrrr Carr jersey.
Old 08-06-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
D. Maybe they spent $230.00 on their jersey and don't want to spend that much on another one. Thus they still wear their Sharper..errrrrrrrrr Carr jersey.
For that kind of jack, I highly recommend a custom jersey. Heck, for $85 you can get a custom replica jersey, and unless you plan on changing your name, you can wear it for the next couple of decades.

I stopped buying player jerseys after the first year. I'd rather sport my own name and number!
Old 08-06-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Your new name - Bitter Bill
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read