Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-03-2007   #41
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin residents

I'll bet that preseason games are out over there.

IIRC, they didn't even show Texans preseason games in Austin last year.

Hope I'm wrong about this year.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

If they have NFL ticket, then they can get any game they damn well want to.
Old 08-03-2007   #43
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I confirmed this with 3B yesterday. They have it. If they had not, this would have been a deal breaker. The Texans Fans in Austin shall not be at the mercy of the VY homers at K-EYE.

Period.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #44
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

This is looking good. I wouldnt promise too much for the preseason as far as fans showing up, I could be wrong.
I will acitvate " THE LIST" before the 1st regular season game, its looking like a really cool deal, too bad I paid for the Ticket at home ( have been for years now), guess that means I get to watch more games in the second half of the day when I get home.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #45
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard back from the GM of Third Base. She liked the proposal, but suggests that we email her each Friday to confirm that we will be coming.

This is reasonable to me, if not cumbersome.

My hope is that, over time, 3B will drop that request -- it's going to suck for that person to remember to email each Friday.

I saw a thread about Houston watch parties, and the thought of changing pubs. I'm going to ask those guys/gals what sort of commitment they got, if any, from their chosen venue.

All the best,
Rick
Old 08-03-2007   #46
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I'm talking about preseason games. Last I heard, the NFL Ticket doesn't show preseason games. The teams themselves broadcast the preseason games.

Somebody feel free to prove me wrong.
Old 08-03-2007   #47
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
This is looking good. I wouldnt promise too much for the preseason as far as fans showing up, I could be wrong.
I will acitvate " THE LIST" before the 1st regular season game, its looking like a really cool deal, too bad I paid for the Ticket at home ( have been for years now), guess that means I get to watch more games in the second half of the day when I get home.
Going forward "The List" will be exclusively referred to as "The List"....this is not optional, compliance is mandatory......resistance is futile.
Old 08-04-2007   #48
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

According to the Texans website, it looks like KEYE is the broadcast affiliate again for the preseason.

IIRC, they gave the Texans the boot when there was a scheduling conflict with a Cowboys preseason game. I think that Time-Warner Cable played the Texans game on channel 77.

Looks like the only time that might happen again will be on the 30th. They play Minnesota and we play Tampa Bay. Both games kick off at 7 PM CDT.
Old 08-04-2007   #49
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I saw a thread about Houston watch parties, and the thought of changing pubs. I'm going to ask those guys/gals what sort of commitment they got, if any, from their chosen venue.
I had a PM discussion with Yank, who informs me that they have zero commitment from their chosen location in Houston.

The 3B folks are willing to work with us, are top-notch, have great viewing and A/V zones to support multiple games, and great parking. I think it is reasonable that they get an email heads-up each Friday, to give a budgetary head-count. Their interest is to fairly support as many patrons as possible. It would be on us to show up.

I'm sure that over time, we'll grow, the Texans fans in Austin will rally (we should market even outside of this fan forum!), and ultimately our having to email 3B will become moot. Rabid attendance will be a given.

But, let the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step. Grasshopper.
Old 08-04-2007   #50
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

3B is a great place and the parking is a huge value add. Count me in for Carolina (yes that is ACL weekend, but it is a quick bike ride away). I have to wait for my soccer schedule until I can commit to any others.

Appreciate the diligence in making this come to fruition.
Old 08-05-2007   #51
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Cen Tex Texans fans!!!

I will certainly try to make it to 3rd Base for Texans away games this Fall. We drove by there on Friday nite and it looks like a pretty cool place for Austin/Round Rock Texans fans to call a home for away games, especially if keye pulls the same stunt they did last year in regards to tennessee games...
Go Texans
Mean Machine in Round Rock
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #52
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Cen Tex Texans fans!!!

I will certainly try to make it to 3rd Base for Texans away games this Fall. We drove by there on Friday nite and it looks like a pretty cool place for Austin/Round Rock Texans fans to call a home for away games, especially if keye pulls the same stunt they did last year in regards to tennessee games...
Go Texans
Mean Machine in Round Rock
Cool, MM.

And to be clear, for those of us without Texans season tix, 3B will be THE place for us Central Texas Texans to come out to watch.

3B has the NFL Sunday Ticket. K-EYE can walk the plank.

All the best,
Rick
Old 08-06-2007   #53
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

If, this does work out, it will be noce to have the N Austin or RR contingent also. I tried hard to get them out when we met at the Saxon but no avail.
" THE LIST" contains at least 50 or so , so that will be the start, and will need to be done by wed of said gameday to get the response by ffi to email to 3rd Base.
PS My firend said that they have one of "the most beautiful" waitresses you will ever see, hmmmmmmm gott go now!
Rickyb, I will work "the list" and you will need to run front for the base!
Old 08-06-2007   #54
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
If, this does work out, it will be noce to have the N Austin or RR contingent also. I tried hard to get them out when we met at the Saxon but no avail.
" THE LIST" contains at least 50 or so , so that will be the start, and will need to be done by wed of said gameday to get the response by ffi to email to 3rd Base.
PS My firend said that they have one of "the most beautiful" waitresses you will ever see, hmmmmmmm gott go now!
Rickyb, I will work "the list" and you will need to run front for the base!
Wig, thanks. You work the list, include me (I will PM my email addy).
I can cover point for contact with 3B.

PROPOSAL: We set the regular season as the first official event. I want to properly set expectations with 3B management. Given quality of preseason play, it would be nice to make sure we start off on the right foot. Coming out against the Chiefs, we get to watch "real" football.

THOUGHTS?
Best,
Rick
Old 08-06-2007   #55
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Quote:
Wig, thanks. You work the list, include me (I will PM my email addy).
I can cover point for contact with 3B.

PROPOSAL: We set the regular season as the first official event. I want to properly set expectations with 3B management. Given quality of preseason play, it would be nice to make sure we start off on the right foot. Coming out against the Chiefs, we get to watch "real" football.

THOUGHTS?
Best,
Rick
I totally agree, the first game is always highly attended, watched etc.
I had another sign up for " the list" today, and some of the old regime are chaomping to get things going!
Old 08-06-2007   #56
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Austin residents

That's why I am trying to move it. When we start winning, and have games more than just Sunday morning, we won't have any where to sit at our old bar. The new place here will probably commit seats and the game being on the main screen.

Keep up the good Austin work!

Quote:
I had a PM discussion with Yank, who informs me that they have zero commitment from their chosen location in Houston.

The 3B folks are willing to work with us, are top-notch, have great viewing and A/V zones to support multiple games, and great parking. I think it is reasonable that they get an email heads-up each Friday, to give a budgetary head-count. Their interest is to fairly support as many patrons as possible. It would be on us to show up.

I'm sure that over time, we'll grow, the Texans fans in Austin will rally (we should market even outside of this fan forum!), and ultimately our having to email 3B will become moot. Rabid attendance will be a given.

But, let the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step. Grasshopper.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the creepy bar out in Katy? I wonder if they would commit, but the problem there is that its way too far for some folks.....

Ever been to Vito's?? I wonder if they would do something for us. A lot of tortilla errrrr Tech fans go there on Saturdays...
Old 08-06-2007   #58
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What about the creepy bar out in Katy? I wonder if they would commit, but the problem there is that its way too far for some folks.....

Ever been to Vito's?? I wonder if they would do something for us. A lot of tortilla errrrr Tech fans go there on Saturdays...
I'm a real good friend of John Milam who is the GM of Vito's. My company used to work for him when he was running the Outback Pub before it finally shut down a few years ago. Vito's has now become the place to go for R&R Valet employees.

PM me and I can get in direct contact with him and throw you upon his mercy. He's a great guy and Vito's would be a perfect spot for the Texan games this season. It's where I always watch mine. Quite a large following goes there. Maybe it's time to make it the official gathering spot.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm a real good friend of John Milam who is the GM of Vito's. My company used to work for him when he was running the Outback Pub before it finally shut down a few years ago. Vito's has now become the place to go for R&R Valet employees.

PM me and I can get in direct contact with him and throw you upon his mercy. He's a great guy and Vito's would be a perfect spot for the Texan games this season. It's where I always watch mine. Quite a large following goes there. Maybe it's time to make it the official gathering spot.
Vitos is where my buddies and I typically meet up to watch Astros games, especially during the play-off run(s)... We nicknamed John "Milo" in honor of the Astros games. The one friend of mine has known him for several years too.

Seems everytime we go, John Schumacker from the old Oilers is there...

The last few times we've been there (which has been a little while), he was down out the Clear Lake store...so we were under the impression that he was working down there the majority of the time since it opened up last year or the year before.

Anyway, I think Yankee has a plan worked out for the downtown Coaches (at least to see how it works out).

But I appreciate it..
Old 08-07-2007   #60
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Hey i thought this was the " AUSTIN RESIDENTS " thread not the Yank & Bill show!
Y'all got you own thread, getting this going here in AUS-DAL, TX err Tenn is in the words of the Fabulous Thunderbirds " Tough Enough"!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read