Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-03-2007   #101
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Its like you are speaking in code. I am not following the logic of your responses.

Two-tone and I were not talking about the Texans but disputing who lays claim to Chris Chandler. Which belongs to the Oilers, which belongs to the Titans.

Follow the conversation if you are going to respond please.
It maybe tough for you to understand, I can see that with your responses regarding Warner and the whole WR thing, but at times conversations break off and go a different direction. ADD is no joke man .... being able to follow two conversations at once maybe tough but I am sure you can do it. Just re-read the post slowly it will sink in.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #102
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Figure I'd host myself

Gotta admit, clean yet cleaver.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #103
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
and that helped propel the titans.....to being home for the playoffs.

memo to vy: if you're gonna be a winner, learn to win the games that count the most.
If he had lost either of the games against the Moos that game would not have even mattered. What did it cost NE? There shot at the super bowl because of 1st team injuries in a meaningless game.

So yeah he did not win that particular game but each was as important as the other.

How did the Texans fair against NE last season? ... I forgot ....

Old 08-03-2007   #104
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm listening to VY now on NFL network and uh and uh and uh you know, you know. I can see how he made a 6 on an IQ test. You know.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #105
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//sh...ad.php?t=40279

what hurts more VY or Pacman
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #106
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default dude, seriously...

What is "Rory Raccoon"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Old 08-04-2007   #107
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It maybe tough for you to understand, I can see that with your responses regarding Warner and the whole WR thing, but at times conversations break off and go a different direction. ADD is no joke man .... being able to follow two conversations at once maybe tough but I am sure you can do it. Just re-read the post slowly it will sink in.
Now who is ADD? You are talking about the Kurt Warner that played for the Rams -vs- the Kurt Warner that got cut from the Giants and lost his starting job in Arizona.

Unless your trying to tell me that Boldin and Fitz somehow got into a time machine, hit Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce knocking them out, stole there uniforms, and played in the super bowl. B/C the Kurt Warner I saw that had Fitz and Boldin as his receivers stunk up the place.

I didn't say anything about looks, I was talking about matching descriptions.

That guy with a black eye, I don't know who that is, he is not a Texan.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #108
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Now who is ADD? You are talking about the Kurt Warner that played for the Rams -vs- the Kurt Warner that got cut from the Giants and lost his starting job in Arizona.
Aren't "they" the same person?

Players have good years players have bad years. The loss in the last super bowl was crushing to Warner. It was like NE cracked the code on the guy and every DC saw on TV with 500 cameras staring down on him.

I compare Warner to a knuckle ball pitcher. Give him some receivers and some time with a decent line and the guy will cut certain D's apart. But if the DC holds and stays focused they can crack Warner.

Greatest show on turf is weak? Just saying that sounds silly.

He started late in his career shined for a while and then started to show age from all of those arean league games. The guy is 36 now. I am not saying he is great but people will remember Warner.

No one will remember a QB on the current roster of the Texans.

Seriously Schaub is a stretch IMO. He might make a nice fit if Green has some steam but if Green goes down the Texans O will die under Dayne.

Quote:
Unless your trying to tell me that Boldin and Fitz somehow got into a time machine, hit Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce knocking them out, stole there uniforms, and played in the super bowl. B/C the Kurt Warner I saw that had Fitz and Boldin as his receivers stunk up the place.
I think he cut his beard ... but still the same person.

Quote:
I didn't say anything about looks, I was talking about matching descriptions.

That guy with a black eye, I don't know who that is, he is not a Texan.
I was just making sure you knew who Vince Young was. I was not talking about looks either.

So lets take a look at your "comparison" [if the word is used very roughly]

You say Vince Young:

8-5 as a starter

Greatest comeback victory by a rookie in NFL history

Most rushing yard by a rookie QB in NFL history

Took a team that had lost its franchise QB through lockout in an ugly battle that eventually sent him to the Titans biggest rival. Titans - Baltimore [I have heard rumors they take our soiled jerseys and that is why they are that stained purple color]

A 6 game winning streak

All of this with the #32/32 ranked defense

Playing in the same division and the Super Bowl champs a team that we beat and took down to a 1 point lead before losing. The Titans actually outscored the Colts over the season.

Playing with two receivers that were his #1 and #2 that are now playing #3 spots on their current teams.

all of that you compare to:

A 3rd round draft pick

Struggled to pass more TDs then INTs even with two of the best WR in the game right now.

Perennial backup ...

You do not draft your starting QB in the 3rd round if you expect to win a Super Bowl .....

Matt Schaub #8 | Quarterback | Houston Texans Roster:
Height: 6-5 Weight: 237
Born: Jun 25, 1981 - Pittsburgh, PA
College: Virginia
Draft: 2004 - 3rd round (27th pick) by the Atlanta Falcons
Pass Yds TD Yds/Game QB Rating
208 1 41.6 71.2

Old 08-04-2007   #109
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Default Re: dude, seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What is "Rory Raccoon"?
The picture is care of PitBull on goTitans ... its one of my better Carr ones so I gotta give it one last plug.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 08-04-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2007   #110
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

LMFAO!!!! Thats funny as hell.

Theres only one problem though........... When the post-season rolled around Carr was nowhere to be found........
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #111
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do not draft your starting QB in the 3rd round if you expect to win a Super Bowl .....
What's wrong with getting drafted in the 3rd round and winning Super Bowls?

Signed,

Joe Montana

p.s. Tom Brady & Mark Rypien were both 6th rounders
Old 08-04-2007   #112
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

a lot of times I say things like "VY is God" just to piss his haters off...it's so funny, because had this been Matt Schaub we'd all be applauding his leadership...... it's weird how so many people hate the guy as if he raped and pissed on one of their relatives....I don't buy the "he's a titan and I'm a texan that's why I hate him" because there's plenty of other people on the titans who don't receive half that hatred that VY does from this board....let me go down the list of why it's stupid to blindly hate this guy

A. He came out and said "I want to be Texan", "I love Houston", "I want to play and win superbowl for my hometown who has never won anything in the NFL".....he layed himself out there for the taking like a cheap prostitute, but the texans still passed............. hatred towards our organization is a little more logical in this instance

B. He seems like a "good" guy in the sense that he always gives back, is nice to fans, loves his family, loves his hometown, loves his teammates, and works hard to get better each year

C. He is from Houston..........I'm sorry but if you're a Houston sports fan then you LOVE professional sports players from Houston....we loved Clyde when he was a blazer, we loved Pettite and Clemens when they weren't here (before this past offseason), we loved Dickerson, etc...we've always rooted for and supported "our own" so why should it be any different with VY?

People need to just come face to the fact that if you're a bitter fan who hopes VY fails, gets injured, etc. you are just MAD at the fact that he is not in a Texans uniform and for some reason you take it out on him, because you don't want to look like a "bad" fan for being pissed at the real problem in this situation.......my honest opinion of Vince is that he's an extremely gifted talent who has shown great poise, patience, intelligence, and a die hard will to win....sure he can work on some of his QB mechanics, but is there really any doubting that the guy will eventually do it considering he's gotten better at every level and his track record of working hard in the offseason? We just have to come to grips that this organization made a huge mistake by passing on him and we shouldn't hold it against him, because of their bad decision.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #113
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm listening to VY now on NFL network and uh and uh and uh you know, you know. I can see how he made a 6 on an IQ test. You know

stuff like this makes me think that some of you guys hatred comes from straight up "cism"...yes the dreaded "R" word....to judge a man's intelligence because he doesn't speak "proper" english makes you look like the *****.....where does this "VY is as dumb as a brick" talk come from...... he seems like an intelligent guy on the field, I don't know what kind of grades he made, but even if he didn't have a 4.0 GPA nobody on this board knows what kind of grades he made in all of his classes........I find it offensive when people say retarded **** like this.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #114
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I noticed about training camp today is that our QBs don't wear red Jerseys in practice. A lot of teams have their QBs do it so they won't get hit. I can understand the Titans have vy do it since their players may have a hard time understanding what the #s on the jerseys mean with out taking their shoes off. There were some hard hits going on out there today.

I wonder how the touch football practice is going in TENNhead land.

Old 08-04-2007   #115
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I finally got to see the actual clip of VY smacking the DB the other night. It's nice to know that if my girlfriend ever gets into a tussle with another chick, VY could have her back...
Old 08-04-2007   #116
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
One thing I noticed about training camp today is that our QBs don't wear red Jerseys in practice.

I would guess that is an attempt to get Shammy up to speed on being sacked 40+ times this season. You would not want him to red shirt then actually face a real rush on his O-line and get shell shocked.

Give you this the new coaches are thinking ahead.

Old 08-04-2007   #117
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There are quite a few high picked qb's who never panned out in the NFL. Your argument is baseless.

btw...you seem to be selective on which vy stats you post. didn't you forget his 50.1% completion rate (worst in the NFL) and his throwing more int's than td's?
Old 08-04-2007   #118
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Signed,

6th rounder Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
Old 08-04-2007   #119
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would guess that is an attempt to get Shammy up to speed on being sacked 40+ times this season. You would not want him to red shirt then actually face a real rush on his O-line and get shell shocked.

Give you this the new coaches are thinking ahead.
Another thing I noticed on the NFL Network show on the Titans last night was that if the Defense was allowed to touch vy he would have been sacked on about half his throws.

I also liked this quote about the Titans.

Quote:
By Tom Curran
NBCSports.com Updated: Aug02, 2007, 04:47 PM EDT

I've gone to three training camps so far and have eight left to visit. But I can already say with confidence that the nastiest camp of all is going to be the Tennessee Titans.

While I was in Tennessee Sunday and Monday, bodies crashed, tempers flared and expletives flew. Even in shorts, helmets and shoulder pads ("shells" to you football-talkin' folk) the Titans camp is just this side of mayhem.
They might not know how to play football, but it looks like it's because they don't know what they are doing in camp.

Old 08-04-2007   #120
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
There are quite a few high picked qb's who never panned out in the NFL. Your argument is baseless.

btw...you seem to be selective on which vy stats you post. didn't you forget his 50.1% completion rate (worst in the NFL) and his throwing more int's than td's?

That still gives no argument for selecting a 3rd rounder going ot the Super Bowl.

Yes Montana and Brady are on different calabers of player. They have that leadership and get it done style of play that is hard to scout. BUt lets be honest here and look at the most recent Super Bowl QBs and leaders in passing at the QB position ...

1. Farve '91 2nd
2. Elway '83 1st
3. P. Manning '98 1st
4. Aikman '89 1st
5. Kelly ' 83 1st
6. Esiason '84 2nd
7. McNair '95 1st
8. Grossman '03 1st
9. Roethlisberger '04 1st
10. McNabb '99 1st

Allot of SB winning QBs in that group all selected pre 3rd round. Care to give me a list 10 SB Qbs since 1985 (a 22 year span) who were 3rd or below?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read