Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #81
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
i'd say get a back up like K Warner who can be very effective from getting out of the pocket and avoiding sacks...
Kurt Warner effective at avoiding sacks.
Old 01-03-2005   #82
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Kurt Warner effective at avoiding sacks.
Well maybe i haven't watched all of his games, only thought the ones i seen he played well...He was just an example, i think we need a backup QB who might be good at avoiding sacks if they are not going to improve the o-line...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #83
phan1
All Pro

It definitely wasn't all Carr's fault. Moses' fumble was costly. Our recievers definitely had an off day with a couple of drops. And you all know the Oline situation.

I am definitely getting worried about Carr though. One of the criticisms Carr has always got was that his pocket presence wasn't good enough. Well, you can't improve your pocket presence when its collapsing around you every play. I just really hope he doesn't shell up and start regressing. He's not going to improve if he starts looking at the pass rush and getting scared every play. For Carr's sake, we really need to get him some protection or else he's going to start slipping. There are just too many times when he's looking to run right when the pocket starts falling. He needs to step up, stick it in there, and complete a pass. He really needs to start making quicker decisions and start getting rid of the ball faster.

One of the things that I was worried about was how he wasn't able to complete a lot of his play-action plays. Since that is pretty much the only time he gets really good protection, he should be able to complete a pass, but he just runs out of bounce instead. He's got to find someone open on the play-action.

In the end, Carr needs to get some protection because his confidence is really starting to sink.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #84
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
So, you seem to have a boner for Carr, but just exactly how would you solve the problems of the team?
I don't dislike Carr, but I'm not going to apologize for him like a lot of people on this board constantly do. I would like to see him challenged for his job next year.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #85
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

And who will challenge him for the job?
Old 01-03-2005   #86
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'd say get a back up like K Warner who can be very effective from getting out of the pocket and avoiding sacks...
One of the reasons Warner lost his starting job was because he held onto the ball too long and got sacked an average of like 6 or 7 times a game.
Old 01-03-2005   #87
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
And who will challenge him for the job?
Who cares. Bring in a veteran or someone that has started and can be a decent backup when/if Carr wins the job. Just make the point that he is not untouchable and he will be forced to improve. Look what it did for Brees this year.
Old 01-03-2005   #88
texan279
Hall of Fame

No thanks, I'll give the front office this offseason to improve our O line and give Carr another year.
Old 01-03-2005   #89
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I look at it this way: If I want to boo...I paid the price for the ticket..so I can boo all I want.
Did I boo? No.
Did I want to boo? At the o-line, yes.

It is apparent that the o-line (left side) is the problem. Carr seems like a beaten puppy and when that alarm clock goes off in his head (3 seconds)..it seems like chaos.

Give the guy more time in the pocket, and I assure you he'll become a winning quarterback.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #90
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Who cares. Bring in a veteran or someone that has started and can be a decent backup when/if Carr wins the job. Just make the point that he is not untouchable and he will be forced to improve. Look what it did for Brees this year.

Do you think the booing helped Carr? IMO I do. The run he made after being brought back in the game, he could have easily ran out of bounds. I think if he hadn't gotten booed, he would have. Instead he cut it in and gain an extra 5-7 yards. That just shows determination.
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #91
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan#80
Do you think the booing helped Carr?.
Absolutely.
Old 01-03-2005   #92
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan279. . . Your avatar is awesome! Good job
nflnutswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #93
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
Texan279. . . Your avatar is awesome! Good job
LOL....Yeah it is pretty awesome isn't it??...LOL...We need to make a banner of it and place it at the top of the message board as our slogan...lol
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #94
TexansJunkE
Veteran

I was also shocked about the Boo's. I think Carr is a good up and coming Quarterback that half the league would snatch up in a heart beat. I think the Boo's should have been toward that weak O-Line! We need to stop putting replacements in as starters and start building the O-Line. I strongly believe that every good team is built around great O and D lines. (Cowgirls in the 90's) Until we do this we will be below average.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read