Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-01-2007   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Vince not lighting it up in camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Yeah I heard about that.Didn't one of the DB's get a little too rough with the WR's and Vince stepped in.
He went after D Nickey for taking a hard hit above highlighted WR.

This was the same guy that was spat on by L-Dub last season during training camp, a guy who has been cut countless times but some how always makes the roster.

He was smart enough to just back off and hold his head down from what I hear.

Leadership, heart and the drive to win .... Yeah i think we will be cool where ever VY takes us.

EDIT: He actually was not smart enough to ge tout of Young's face. Here it is if you want to see it in all its glory ...

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/c...&nav=menu374_5

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 08-01-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #62
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now if they all threw 100 balls Leinart might make 5 more, and Jay 7 more than Vince. I'm not seeing that it's a huge difference personally. Just think there's a whole other dimension to Vince that the other two don't have and it's not like they can work on it, but Vince can work on passing (which he has been doing).
It's not a huge difference. The difference is what happens with those extra couple of completions. It just gives Leinart and Cutler more opportunities to make a big play.
Old 08-01-2007   #63
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
It's not a huge difference. The difference is what happens with those extra couple of completions. It just gives Leinart and Cutler more opportunities to make a big play.

You could also argue that Young's running ability helps him make cosistant plays of equal value every game that make up for the incomplete passes.

And the threat of run on a D opens up the passing game.

Old 08-02-2007   #64
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince/Vick what's the difference. Sure Vince stood up for his WR and got rattled because a backup DB is trying to show something in camp. He lost his cool. He threw a low ball and Nickey made the WR pay. If he had done the same thing to Andre in a game the same TENNheads that are crying now would be all over this board bragging about it. Wahhh my DB hit a WR too hard. The WR dropped the ball. I thought a DB was suposed to try to seperate the ball from the WR.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #65
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

not by horse collaring a guy. That play probably would have got a flag. Why would you hit someone on your team in a manner that would get a flag in a game, in camp of all things. And Nickey is not fighting for anything. Every year he gets cut every year he sneaks back on. He is camp fodder and this is not the first time he has been confronted by a teammate.

Old 08-02-2007   #66
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Roby laid on the ground for 10 minutes after the hit! Makes no sense, especailly in the first week.

Old 08-02-2007   #67
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
It was a bad hit. It was TC and his own guy. I agree, it would have gotten a flag if it was a real game. Personally, I gon't blame Vince at all for what he did. A coach should have done it, but didn't. If that guy was playing for me, it would have been the last time he put on the helmet. I don't watch the Titans or have any kind of love or hate for VY, but I personally liked how he took charge without hesitating.
i agree it was a bad hit, but it wasn't a horse collar. nickey's arms were wrapped around roby's chest area. It just looked bad b/c of how roby had to bend backward b/c of Nickey's momentum coming over the top. having said that, it's early in training camp man & the guy you hit i believe was injured for a good portion of the season last year. Nickey just needs to relax a bit, hit 'em, wrap 'em up & then let him go & that's what VY was probably hot about.

Last edited by Mr teX; 08-02-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #68
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

The guy's a bum!

Old 08-02-2007   #69
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

The guy's a bum!
he's gotta do what he's gotta do to make the squad. VY can relax b/c he knows he's not going anywhere. Nickey's gotta put extra effort in everything he does just so he can be a special teamer, you can't blame the guy even though he is on some steve tasker type crusade....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #70
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
he's gotta do what he's gotta do to make the squad. VY can relax b/c he knows he's not going anywhere. Nickey's gotta put extra effort in everything he does just so he can be a special teamer, you can't blame the guy even though he is on some steve tasker type crusade....
As I sated before they guy gets cut EVERY season but he is the first one we call when we get an injury in our secondary or special teams so he always finds his way back. This is his 5th season I believe of doing that. Plus we just drafted a S. He goes to the curb and Lamont is only seen during punt coverage. All is right again.

Old 08-02-2007   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

After hearing this is what Great Leader does, I'm getting a little pissed that our new QB got knocked down and nobody even tried to slap Babin. We are all soldiers and no generals.
Old 08-02-2007   #72
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

More figments of my imagination about Titan fans being concerned about VYs INTs.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...ost?id=2062067

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #73
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
More figments of my imagination about Titan fans being concerned about VYs INTs.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...ost?id=2062067
Why should they be concerned when he is only going to attempt ten passes a game?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #74
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
After hearing this is what Great Leader does, I'm getting a little pissed that our new QB got knocked down and nobody even tried to slap Babin. We are all soldiers and no generals.
Shammies are typically used to polish things not use blunt force. It was just his nature is all ....

Old 08-03-2007   #75
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Great Leaders that are QB's dont fight!! It's plain ignorant. I understand OL's get into it with DL's and LB's.. I understand WR's and DB's get into it, etc.. But a Golden Boy, who walks on water QB???! STUPID!!!! Those other guys can play with soft casts on their hands....

A leader who can't play because they broke their $60,000,000.00 hand is dumb and shows lack of maturity. If I was Bud "the bad rug" Adams or Mike "I had all this money under the cap and didn't do a damn thing" Reinfeldt or Coach Fisher, I would have given Wunderlic boy the business....
Old 08-03-2007   #76
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219370 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Great Leaders that are QB's dont fight!! It's plain ignorant. I understand OL's get into it with DL's and LB's.. I understand WR's and DB's get into it, etc.. But a Golden Boy, who walks on water QB???! STUPID!!!! Those other guys can play with soft casts on their hands....

A leader who can't play because they broke their $60,000,000.00 hand is dumb and shows lack of maturity. If I was Bud "the bad rug" Adams or Mike "I had all this money under the cap and didn't do a damn thing" Reinfeldt or Coach Fisher, I would have given Wunderlic boy the business....

I wasn't going to get into this because I really don't much care about VY except when he's playing against us but...

This is something I'd expect Favre to do. It's not something I consider smart and it's not something I would want my QB doing but a lot of people would walk through fire for Favre for exactly this reason.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

awe, c'mon, TB...you know how satisfying it would have been to fulfill the Madden curse in training camp before the video game is even released?! It would have been too much to ask.
Old 08-03-2007   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
awe, c'mon, TB...you know how satisfying it would have been to fulfill the Madden curse in training camp before the video game is even released?! It would have been too much to ask.
I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to "jinx, the curse" (or reverse the curse).. Like not talking to a pitcher during a no-no...
Old 08-03-2007   #79
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I wasn't going to get into this because I really don't much care about VY except when he's playing against us but...

This is something I'd expect Favre to do. It's not something I consider smart and it's not something I would want my QB doing but a lot of people would walk through fire for Favre for exactly this reason.
I hear what your saying, but Favre writes his own ticket now. I mean sure there are a few guys out there that you could make that same comparison to Favre (Jim Kelly comes to mind, because he was a linebacker). BUT, VY is only a second year guy.
Old 08-03-2007   #80
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to "jinx, the curse" (or reverse the curse).. Like not talking to a pitcher during a no-no...
It's sad that your entire season hindges on some video game curse.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read