Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-01-2007   #41
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gridiron, TX?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_girl View Post
I will be sure to tell him....They are trying to expand in that area...
When I found it I was en route to get beer for a family picnic, I was told Miller Lite pony keg, so on the way to the counter with the keg I saw Shiner and bought a case for myself and anyone who wanted to try it. Lets just say the Shiner was gone in 30 minutes and it was tough to get everyone to finish the keg. It went over real well. If he can swing more stores up here I will be sure to promote it. Cheers

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #42
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to rename this thread WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BEER?
Old 08-02-2007   #43
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99855 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I don't see how you guys can stomach Miller Lite and Bud, or most other American beers for that matter. I remember last season or the season before I took off and forgot my beer. Some in my tailgate offered me Miller Lite and I opted for water. I just can't drink that stuff. I am not trying to come off as a beer snob either. Those types of beers give me a headache and make me want to hurl, plus you have to drink 3 or more of them to get a decent "picker upper" going.

Now that I think of it, I want to thank those great guys at St. Arnolds in the Blue Lot. It's not a Texans Tailgate for me unless I go visit them and grab at least one St. Arnolds. Now that is GOOD beer.

BTW, my diss on American beers are the big name ones like Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. There are good American beers out there like St. Arnolds, Shiner, Sam Adams, and many other smaller micro brew companies. Most of these good beers use traditional European recipies and brewing techniques.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #44
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Most of these good beers use traditional European recipies and brewing techniques.
Most of them do use old world techniques but for the last few years you have seen some things that arent quite so old world. I think many American microbreweries have tried to see how many hops they can cram into a bottle, where many old german beers relied on more of a malty charchteristic. I am also not a beer snob, I just enjoy trying different kinds of beer. If its free and cold (or if I am broke) I will go with a regular (I hesitate to use that word) beer. To be honest if I am buying I might just grab a PBR instead of miller, because its cheaper and the taste is not too different. Also, when I am fishing I drink Miller Lite because I can start at 7am with a beer and not be on the floor by 2pm. I miss St. Arnolds, I don't think I will ever see that up this way.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #45
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Iron City is Pittsburghs equivilant to Lone Star. Yuengling is the semi-equivilant to Shiner (just not as good). It has been years since I have been to church brew works, but the concept of an alter filled with beer vats keeps the people coming.
Your the second on that mentioned this particular beer Yuengling...One guy swears its the best ever but you can rarely find it around here...Isn't it a belguim beer???
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #46
treygar
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 treygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballottreygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

i always enjoy beer talk, and this summer i was introduced to the New Belgium Brew. Co. in Ft. Collins, Colorado.

each of their beers, with the exception of the one made of organic wheat, was smooth and tasteful, even the dark beer and I don't drink dark beer much, but i would buy their dark beer.

if you see it at your grocery spend the extra dollar and try it out, i suggest Fat Tire it is their most popular selling brand and if you like that then expand to the rest.
Old 08-02-2007   #47
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by treygar View Post
i always enjoy beer talk, and this summer i was introduced to the New Belgium Brew. Co. in Ft. Collins, Colorado.

each of their beers, with the exception of the one made of organic wheat, was smooth and tasteful, even the dark beer and I don't drink dark beer much, but i would buy their dark beer.

if you see it at your grocery spend the extra dollar and try it out, i suggest Fat Tire it is their most popular selling brand and if you like that then expand to the rest.
Hey, maybe we need to start a beer thread...lol...Then we could talk about everyones different beer taste....
Old 08-02-2007   #48
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I love dark beer, especially Heinekin dark, I think that is the best dark beer made but very strong, stronger than shiner bock. I just think that dark beer is a little hard to drink on a hot day. I'd rather drink Bud select, or Bud. But dark beer does go down well on a cold day.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #49
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Best beer ever is Pivovarna Lasko in Slovenia.

The last beer that made me go wow was Whale's Tale Pale Ale out of Nantucket. This thread has reminded me to check on its distribution as it was very limited four years ago.
Old 08-02-2007   #50
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Gotta go with Shiner.

Grew up about 7 miles from the brewery. Can't beat the Premium (they call it blonde now) in a keg.

Now it is Bock for the most part, but I do miss the 97 from last year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #51
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm drinking a lot, or it's hot, like at a tailgate or something, I'm drinking something light. Miller Lite is...umm...what I grew up on and is what you'll see me with most of the time.

When drinking for taste, my beer of choice is Red Stripe.

I like ambers and most darker beers. Dos Equis amber is another I like a lot.
When it's cold, something a little heavier will do, Chimay Ale (red label) hits the spot.

I've found that I generally don't care much for beers in a green bottle. Dos Equis would be an exception, but I prefer the amber.
Heineken is yuck, but I haven't heard of the dark. May have to try it.

Never cared much for Tecate or Corona.

Celis used to have a strawberry beer that was different and I was kinda getting used to, but I haven't seen it around in a while.

I don't like the aftertaste of the Budweiser beers. Bud light seems a little too dry to me.

I'll pretty much drink anything if you hand it to me, free beer is the best, with the possible exception of Coors. I'd have to be desperate and dying.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #52
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Best beer ever is Pivovarna Lasko in Slovenia.

The last beer that made me go wow was Whale's Tale Pale Ale out of Nantucket. This thread has reminded me to check on its distribution as it was very limited four years ago.
Is it available here in the states???
Old 08-02-2007   #53
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Gotta go with Shiner.

Grew up about 7 miles from the brewery. Can't beat the Premium (they call it blonde now) in a keg.

Now it is Bock for the most part, but I do miss the 97 from last year.
U and me both big guy...I loved the 97, The Bohemian Black Lagar...nothing like it...And we grew up not far from each other, since i was born and raised in shiner...Hey guys at least i can tell you the Brewmaster of Shiner brewery is the absolute biggest Texans fan.....He goes to as many games as he can....He has more Texans gear then me, and i thought that wasn't possible...Thats my Bro!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2007   #54
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Gridiron, TX?!?

Quote:
U and me both big guy...I loved the 97, The Bohemian Black Lagar...nothing like it...And we grew up not far from each other, since i was born and raised in shiner...Hey guys at least i can tell you the Brewmaster of Shiner brewery is the absolute biggest Texans fan.....He goes to as many games as he can....He has more Texans gear then me, and i thought that wasn't possible...Thats my Bro!!!!!!
I noticed "Shiner 98" at the Saucer, what is it?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #55
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Julius Echter.
Old 08-03-2007   #56
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I noticed "Shiner 98" at the Saucer, what is it?
Every year Shiner celebrates their history of Shiner beer with an anniversary beer, counting from 1909 when Shiner started to 2005 was 96 years so the 96 was their first anniversary beer made......It was a Marzen Style Ale...And every year its a different beer...This year the 98 is a Bavarian style Amber...I'm not too keen on this one, a little bitter for me...Last years 97 was a Bohemian Black Lager and it was absolutely wonderful, you can ask V-man about it, it was his favorite beer...But its made in batches for that particular year then its never made again...That part I hate because if they would have kept the 97, that would have been my new favorite beer...It tasted similar to Samual Adams, only better..
Old 08-03-2007   #57
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Yankee.... Give it a try, it is an Amber of sorts.. I like it..Shinerbock Girl would have better info on it, but it is really good. I tell ya, the Saucer is the place that has gotten me addicted to the Blue Moon...

Edit, she beat me to it.....Nice !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #58
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like the shiner Korshe (sp) very smooth and not real heavy. I do drink budlight but I love trying new beers, but the only thing I worry about is trying them in a bar at moshere because I do not want to spen $4 bucks on a beer I am not going to like. It took me a long time to try Shiner until I went somewhere it was on tap and they gave me a shot of it to try.

Victory, I can not recall the micro that is up that way, but it is a very good tasting beer. At least 3 out of the 4 were. I have friends up in the Hersey area whom I try to visit once a year. Last year when I drove up to visit them I took 2 cases of Shiner with me, and brought two cases of the mixture back with me. But some friends got into and drink it all after being back for a month and a half. They did not realize it was not to be put out along with the rest of the bber for a party, and that I could not get any down here. I do not think I paid for a drink for quiet a while after that because they felt so bad.
Old 08-03-2007   #59
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Every year Shiner celebrates their history of Shiner beer with an anniversary beer, counting from 1909 when Shiner started to 2005 was 96 years so the 96 was their first anniversary beer made......It was a Marzen Style Ale...And every year its a different beer...This year the 98 is a Bavarian style Amber...I'm not too keen on this one, a little bitter for me...Last years 97 was a Bohemian Black Lager and it was absolutely wonderful, you can ask V-man about it, it was his favorite beer...But its made in batches for that particular year then its never made again...That part I hate because if they would have kept the 97, that would have been my new favorite beer...It tasted similar to Samual Adams, only better..
Your brother should make a special batch of 97 for you and a few close friends. (it is the least a brother could do for his little sister). Doesn't even have to label it. Just brew and bottle, I am sure you could care less about the label.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #60
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Gridiron, TX?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Yankee.... Give it a try, it is an Amber of sorts.. I like it..Shinerbock Girl would have better info on it, but it is really good. I tell ya, the Saucer is the place that has gotten me addicted to the Blue Moon...

Edit, she beat me to it.....Nice !
Then try Hoegaarden or Chimay
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read