Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-02-2007   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default As the theme from "Brokeback Mountain" plays in the background...

John McClain has to be jealous.
Old 08-02-2007   #22
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
A QB who's not afraid to mix it up gets my juices flowing...

I can guarantee that the players on that team gained more respect for VY after that...

Guys fight every camp....nothing new or shocking there...I know everyone remembers the Spencer/Babin deal....
I agree. I won't throw out leadership or anything but it is always good to see a guy stick up for his own guys, especially when they don't have much at that position.

I'm still confused for the VY hatred. Good guy. Wins games. Works hard to shut people up. I know the VY rhetoric got obscene here last off season and season but it isn't his fault people are psycho. I have mad respect for the guy.
Old 08-02-2007   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
II'm still confused for the VY hatred.
He's a Titan.
Old 08-02-2007   #24
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
He's a Titan.
Well I get that DB. With some people it seems personal though. As a rival, definitely.
Old 08-02-2007   #25
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I agree. I won't throw out leadership or anything but it is always good to see a guy stick up for his own guys, especially when they don't have much at that position.

I'm still confused for the VY hatred. Good guy. Wins games. Works hard to shut people up. I know the VY rhetoric got obscene here last off season and season but it isn't his fault people are psycho. I have mad respect for the guy.

"people are psycho"?

This is a Houston Texans website. If Peyton, Rivers, Romo,or McNabb had done something like that, we would still be ridiculing them.

As much as folks are heaping the man-love on vy for showing "leadership", you need to also tip your hat to the defensive guy who hit the hell out of a receiver when a crappy pass on a little out pattern left him completely vulnerable.
Old 08-02-2007   #26
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
"people are psycho"?

Quote:
when a crappy pass on a little out pattern left him completely vulnerable.
yeah.....people are psycho....
Old 08-02-2007   #27
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-02-2007   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's a Titan.
Exactly. Shoot, if Jesus played for the Titans, I'd learn to have animosity for him too!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #29
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Exactly. Shoot, if Jesus played for the Titans, I'd learn to have animosity for him too!
Would Jesus play for a team named for pagan beings? He's probably insist they change their name to the Tennesee Cherubs or Seraphim or something.
Old 08-02-2007   #30
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
would jesus care what the name of the team was?

doubt it...he'd just be thinking about that contract...
He'd call it a Covenant
Old 08-02-2007   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
No doubt. His Hail Mary play would be unstoppable, tho'.
Old 08-02-2007   #32
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Quote:
"We thought our playoff hopes were dead, but then Jesus proved he's our Savior and resurrected our chances. There's only one thing he doesn't like to do--running crossing routes."
Old 08-02-2007   #33
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gratz on your 8000th post DB!

Anyways, on topic, I could care less if they fight. Some call it leadership, some call it stupidity. Either way, we will beat the tar out of these Tacks.
Old 08-02-2007   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse Oblige View Post
"We thought our playoff hopes were dead, but then Jesus proved he's our Savior and resurrected our chances. There's only one thing he doesn't like to do--running crossing routes."
HA! That's pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Gratz on your 8000th post DB!

Anyways, on topic, I could care less if they fight. Some call it leadership, some call it stupidity. Either way, we will beat the tar out of these Tacks.
Thanks, man. I didn't even realize the count. Glad I used it wisely!

With regards to The Fight; The Emperor Bud is licking his chops with an evil smile, for he knows well the path of the dark side...

Quote:
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Vince needs to feed his anger, use it, embrace it. For one day he shall be Darth Greatness.
Old 08-02-2007   #35
Vega
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vega is on the Pro-Bowl ballotVega is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I completely disagree with it being "the right thing to do" or "good leadership". Good leaders set examples but they don't take swings. You never heard of Joe Montana or Peyton Manning hitting guys. They'll call a guy out or get in his face but when you take a swing at a guy, it comes off as immature more than good leadership. I can't imagine that the veterans on the team were thinking, "wow, he really has control of the team."

And if you are going to swing, make it a real swing. Not some girly slap.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #36
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I completely disagree with it being "the right thing to do" or "good leadership". Good leaders set examples but they don't take swings. You never heard of Joe Montana or Peyton Manning hitting guys. They'll call a guy out or get in his face but when you take a swing at a guy, it comes off as immature more than good leadership. I can't imagine that the veterans on the team were thinking, "wow, he really has control of the team."

And if you are going to swing, make it a real swing. Not some girly slap.
What the veterans were thinking: Wow, this young guy is not tolerating any B.S....I likes...
Old 08-02-2007   #37
Vega
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vega is on the Pro-Bowl ballotVega is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yeah, but what happens when two other dudes start going at it and Vince tries to break it up. Now it's a "do as I say not as I do" type of thing. It also takes away the ability for coaches to discipline other guys because "Vince can do it".

Should he have stepped up and called the guy out? Yes.
Should he have taken a shot at him? Absolutely not.

But it's the Titans, so what do I care.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we got that kind of fearless passion out of our old QB's here....I don't think I ever saw Carr take up for any of his WR's who took a cheap or questionable shot in practice here. I still can't believe we passed on Young....still boggles my mind. Too bad he is a Titan.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #39
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Yeah, but what happens when two other dudes start going at it and Vince tries to break it up. Now it's a "do as I say not as I do" type of thing. It also takes away the ability for coaches to discipline other guys because "Vince can do it".

Should he have stepped up and called the guy out? Yes.
Should he have taken a shot at him? Absolutely not.

But it's the Titans, so what do I care.
I wish some of you would get a grip on reality...

I've never heard of or been on a football team where the coaches get mad at players for fighting during camp...In fact I've even been on teams where the coach will let you duke it out for a while before they break it up...

It's almost a given that during summer camp fights are going to happen...

It's football...AKA it's a violent sport...

Fighting at practice is actually a good thing sometimes...especially when in the end as a player and a man you are able to recognize that your temper got the best of you and you have no real animosity towards your teammate...
Old 08-02-2007   #40
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

Someone has an opinion here;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Westbrook
Big deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read