Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007   #1
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wanted - Platinum Parking

It's that time again...

I'm looking for a full season of Platinum Parking, trying to get near the N/W corner if at all possible. Please respond in thread or IM me.
Old 07-30-2007   #2
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe
Default Re: Wanted - Platinum Parking

We plan on attending most of the games...but of course not all. Our spot is C4 (between Ted and the motorhome). We normally sell our extra ones, if you are interested in the games we won't attend...let me know! I know we will miss the KC game!

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

check your PM.

On second thought .... send me your email via PM.

Last edited by aj.; 07-30-2007 at 12:44 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #4
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sent you a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
It's that time again...

I'm looking for a full season of Platinum Parking, trying to get near the N/W corner if at all possible. Please respond in thread or IM me.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Taken care of....thanks to all.
Old 07-30-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Wanted - Platinum Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Taken care of....thanks to all.
Glad you found one again Hiking from blue is a pain!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Glad you found one again Hiking from blue is a pain!
Hiking from YELLOW is worse!
Old 07-31-2007   #8
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Hiking from Austin is even worse!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #9
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Hiking from Austin is even worse!
Darn you beat me. I just have to come from the metro rail.

Man I need to pony up for a parking pass.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

If any one else is looking to sell a Platinum pass, I'm interested.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

How much are these passes and how do they work? The reason I was asking was because my brain is a little confused? Why would a season ticket holder who parks in a different colored lot want to purchase another? Are there limits? That just may very well explain it.

Also. Do some people come only to tailgate? Not enter the stadium? I wouldn't want to do that I don't think. I'd want to at least be able to see it on the telly so a bar would work for me on the days that I'm unable to acquire tickets.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Wanted - Platinum Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
How much are these passes and how do they work? The reason I was asking was because my brain is a little confused? Why would a season ticket holder who parks in a different colored lot want to purchase another? Are there limits? That just may very well explain it.

Also. Do some people come only to tailgate? Not enter the stadium? I wouldn't want to do that I don't think. I'd want to at least be able to see it on the telly so a bar would work for me on the days that I'm unable to acquire tickets.
Not sure your first question (what are you asking?). Why would ONE person want to have passes for two different colored lots? I agree, that is crazy? But some people want to change lots or buy passes for friends.

But yes, some people do come and tailgate the entire time, especially those who set up TV's at their tailgate.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #13
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I bought my two season tickets from a friend, but I don't have a season parking pass.
Old 08-01-2007   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Not sure your first question (what are you asking?). Why would ONE person want to have passes for two different colored lots? I agree, that is crazy? But some people want to change lots or buy passes for friends.

But yes, some people do come and tailgate the entire time, especially those who set up TV's at their tailgate.
Sorry. I'm a little confused really. Bear with me. I'm under the impression that disaaks parks in a different lot with how she/he indicated that 'hiking from yellow' is worse than 'hiking from blue.' I've definitely read that the platinum lot is supposedly the best place to tailgate hence why she/he may want to hike all the way over there or something.

I just very well may be overthinking things a little bit.
Old 08-01-2007   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I bought my two season tickets from a friend, but I don't have a season parking pass.
Okayyyyyy. I thought those were included when one buys season tickets. How much would a parking pass cost then?
Old 08-01-2007   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Sorry. I'm a little confused really. Bear with me. I'm under the impression that disaaks parks in a different lot with how she/he indicated that 'hiking from yellow' is worse than 'hiking from blue.' I've definitely read that the platinum lot is supposedly the best place to tailgate hence why she/he may want to hike all the way over there or something.

I just very well may be overthinking things a little bit.
Could be that disaaks is describing either the hike into the stadium, or the hike to where he tailgates with other people, which is my case.
I'd like to park in platinum so I would have a shorter walk to where all my friends tailgate.

Quote:
Okayyyyyy. I thought those were included when one buys season tickets. How much would a parking pass cost then?
I don't really know how much the passes cost originally.
I pay $20 a game most of the time to park in the hotel parking lot on Kirby across from the platinum lot anyway, so if I could find a pass for > $200, it would be pretty much a wash financially.

BTW, my wife works retail and can't make all of the games this year, so I may have an available ticket every now and then. I don't know which games this far in advance, though...

Another BTW you might find interesting... my wife's mom is a sign language interpreter at Kingwood HS.

Last edited by michaelm; 08-01-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2007   #17
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've definitely read that the platinum lot is supposedly the best place to tailgate hence why she/he may want to hike all the way over there or something.
I think the best lot for tailgating bit has been played out for a very long time now. Each 'lot' has its own charm and I think you will find that people are just as passionate about tailgating in their color lot just as much as people enjoy the 'Platimum' lot.

If you haven't tailgated in all of the lots...then you can't possibly have an unbiased opinion. I have never tailgated outside the Yellow Lot. Do I think its the best...well, yes I do...but that opinion is short sided b/c I have not tailgated anywhere else. I know for a fact that I would have a great time in ANY of the lots I visit.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:

For the record - When I first selected my seats, the closest parking was going to be Yellow, so that's what I bought. Within the first few games, I found myself tailgating w/ the Blue Crew in the N/W corner of the Blue Lot. That whole region has since "become" the Platinum lot. Carrying a cooler & stuff from Yellow to Platinum (& back) is a SUCK hike on Gameday, so I've been buying a closer set of passes each year (Blue or Platinum) & then selling my Yellows.

And yes, people come to "tailgate only" and watch games from portable TVs in the lots.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read