Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-31-2007   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince not lighting it up in camp

Since he plays for the Titans I am forced to want him to fail and as much as I would like to see that I doubt it is going to happen. If he sucks during the season and the Titans W-L record reflects that then feel free to gloat. Until then history speaks for itself.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

How you silly mortals can even question The Greatness is beyond me.

It's quite obvious that they are using steel footballs in TC to toughen up the receivers. If a receiver is unable to catch a VY pass, then he made a mistake and put himself in the wrong place. If they want to catch a Vince Young pass, they will have to prove themselves worthy first, which also means eating glass for lunch and drinking boric acid instead of Gatorade.
Old 07-31-2007   #23
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If you want to see lots of picks just look at our Texans camp vids...we got them by the bushels.
Look at the bright side, maybe our secondary is finally coming together!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #24
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm sure Vince will be fine in the regular season. He'll be one of the few bright spots on the Titans--they just lost too much to be as competitive. Just my opinion. We'll see as the season unfolds.
Old 07-31-2007   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. I see VY being one of the best running backs in the league..
Old 07-31-2007   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I agree. I see VY being one of the best running backs in the league..
And still out QB Shammy .....

How many years does Shammy get to produce? What if this is an "off" year. I would imagine the choke chain around any Texans "QB" would be pretty tight.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #27
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Good stuff in this thread, I've been reading about Vince at training camp also (all I can do since I live in California), but I've not heard anything bad really. Here's this morning's update from the Tennessean:

Quote:
Young started off the day with a beautiful 40-yard touchdown pass to receiver Brandon Jones during 7-on-7 drills

Young hit Roby with a deep ball for a touchdown, with cornerback Nick Harper defending
All-in-all I think he'll be fine, sorry to bring the bad news
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #28
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

So you are the other Titans fan in CA!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #29
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

SportsCenter just reported this morning that Young was, indeed, lighting it up in camp

They said he started camp by sending a letter to everyone on the team thanking them for last season and encouraging them to work harder so they could improve on their progress

They then said in camp he was been mentoring younger players, as he has learned the playbook so well

And they concluded with some clips of his improved accuracy

I hate the Titans, but with VY, its going to be a tough series for the next 10+ years
Old 08-01-2007   #30
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry Texan fans.. the Madden curse is on...Young will be a injury stat this season...Imagine the Titans w/out Young? WOW..they would be a great team.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Don't worry Texan fans.. the Madden curse is on...Young will be a injury stat this season...Imagine the Titans w/out Young? WOW..they would be a great team.
Hey, they still have Kerry Collins. I heard he can light'em up.
Old 08-01-2007   #32
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Young started off the day with a beautiful 40-yard touchdown pass to receiver Brandon Jones during 7-on-7 drills

Young hit Roby with a deep ball for a touchdown, with cornerback Nick Harper defending.
I am not sure how you could look at this. either young is playing really great or the db's are sucking so bad they are even making vy look like an accurate passer, which in its own right is a miracle.

Old 08-01-2007   #33
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
SportsCenter just reported this morning that Young was, indeed, lighting it up in camp

They said he started camp by sending a letter to everyone on the team thanking them for last season and encouraging them to work harder so they could improve on their progress

They then said in camp he was been mentoring younger players, as he has learned the playbook so well

And they concluded with some clips of his improved accuracy

I hate the Titans, but with VY, its going to be a tough series for the next 10+ years
Not that it's not true, but then maybe the Hype Machine is working overtime already
Old 08-01-2007   #34
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post

VY's madden curse is sh!tty WR's.
Old 08-01-2007   #35
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
VY's madden curse is sh!tty WR's.
While I admit we have unproven WR, I wouldn't call them "sh!tty".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRYaQAEnVo

Roby a 3rd year WR made this catch I think yesterday in the morning. That's one of the plays mentioned before, seems to be a nice catch.

Moulds seems to be doing well in our scheme, and it appears one of the rookies we got on day 2 Chris Davis out of Florida is doing very well.
Old 08-01-2007   #36
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
While I admit we have unproven WR, I wouldn't call them "sh!tty".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRYaQAEnVo

Roby a 3rd year WR made this catch I think yesterday in the morning. That's one of the plays mentioned before, seems to be a nice catch.

Moulds seems to be doing well in our scheme, and it appears one of the rookies we got on day 2 Chris Davis out of Florida is doing very well.
I've made catches like that playing street ball...

The boy is a scout team hero...
Old 08-01-2007   #37
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
shame on you for wishing injury on what could be one of the greatest to ever play the game...............shame, shame, shame, we know your name
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #38
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I've made catches like that playing street ball...

The boy is a scout team hero...
He played on the field last year, we have plenty more scout teams and that's actually supposed to be our starting safety (from the reports so far) he caught it on. It looked like a little PI also but heck he made the catch.

Roby started 6 games as a rookie, and played in 12 last year (usually as 4th or 5th WR) didn't put up too much production behind Bennett, Wade, and Brandon Jones though. We're hoping that year 3 is his year or it's time for him to go.

Titans aren't the big vertical pass game like a lot of teams, TE's have always been very important even to Steve McNair. Troupe and Scaife will help the receiving core as well.
Old 08-01-2007   #39
real

Quote:
He played on the field last year, we have plenty more scout teams and that's actually supposed to be our starting safety (from the reports so far) he caught it on. It looked like a little PI also but heck he made the catch.

Roby started 6 games as a rookie, and played in 12 last year (usually as 4th or 5th WR) didn't put up too much production behind Bennett, Wade, and Brandon Jones though. We're hoping that year 3 is his year or it's time for him to go.

Titans aren't the big vertical pass game like a lot of teams, TE's have always been very important even to Steve McNair. Troupe and Scaife will help the receiving core as well.
Was just messin with you guys....

I don't have a clue what the guy is about...
Old 08-01-2007   #40
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Brandon Jones is your best hope. Moulds...he should be able to improve on last season because David Carr won't be throwing to him (I use the term "throwing" loosely when discussing Carr because he ran around like a goon most of the time).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read