Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair has spoken. On Channel 13’s Inside the Texans season wrap up show, McNair was asked what was the Texans #1 offseason priority. In no uncertain terms, he said to find a way to protect David Carr. Asked whether there would be changes in the coaching staff, McNair stated, “That’s up to Coach (Capers). He works closest to the coaches and he knows best what he needs”. OK then.
Old 01-03-2005   #22
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Bob McNair has spoken. On Channel 13’s Inside the Texans season wrap up show, McNair was asked what was the Texans #1 offseason priority. In no uncertain terms, he said to find a way to protect David Carr.

Sounds like a fine idea.
Old 01-03-2005   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Well Jeezeehhh, Pitts has been prone to mistakes for like 3 years? When is he gonna start holding his water? Next season? I dunno, after this ****, everything has become a question mark for this team.

Here is my hit list....anyways

1) McKinney
Well, as a rookie I should think that being prone to mistakes gets a pass. I mean honestly, in 2002 who wasn't prone to mistakes on this team? In 2003 he made far fewer mistakes which is a good thing right? I mean, here's a guy who's not projected to play LT in the NFL doing it for the second year in a row and overall he had a pretty good season in 2003 didn't he? So this year he finally moves to the position he's built physically to play (but that he's never really played before) and so he has some more mistakes.

I think he's doing fine so far. Next season he'll be improved. I don't have a doubt in my mind.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #24
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

OK...

LT... Keep Wand unless you can get one of the top 2 LTs in the draft or Walter Jones in free agency.

LG... keep pitts

C... draft David Baas!!!!!!

RG & RT Weigart and Wade are ok
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #25
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
McKinney must go IMO. He's a liability in the middle and, in an interview postgame I just listened to him claim that the offensive line didn't have a bad day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
C... draft David Baas!!!!!!
I thought Baas was projected to be a guard in the NFL...oh well he'd still be an upgrade over McKinney...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #26
Tayton
Veteran

I could be wrong but I thought there was a huge drop off from Weigert to Brown the last couple of games.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #27
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Milford Brown needs to be cut, plain and simple. he isnt even worth keeping for depth.. when he is on the field he loses games.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
The only lineman I make a point of trying to replace in the offseason is McKinney. I look for Milford Brown to push Weigert in camp this year and possibly take that spot but I don't look at that as a "we've got to do something ASAP" kind of thing. That's a "may the best man win" situation.

The rest of them I give more time to. Wand and Pitts are going to be anchors on the left and Wade is going to be very solid on the right. I say build on what we've done for the most part and then go out and find that nasty center who gets the job done.

McKinney must go IMO. He's a liability in the middle and, in an interview postgame I just listened to him claim that the offensive line didn't have a bad day. His lips were moving and I could hear him say it but the only thing I could really focus on was the whipped look in his eyes. This statement maybe ticked me off more than anything I saw on the field today. McKinney's deluding himself if he thinks you can't lay the majority of the teams problems at the lines feet.
I agree Hervoyel. seems he is the domino that falls first and with that we have to slide a guard to help him.. worse part to crumble on the line is the center..and maybe that is why David won't step up in the pocket at times.. because the pocket collapses center first (no pun intended)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Milford Brown needs to be cut, plain and simple. he isnt even worth keeping for depth.. when he is on the field he loses games.

Milford Brown has it in him to be a beast of a guard for this team. Like every single player in the history of the NFL (with a handful of exceptions) he needs playing time to get better.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Answer to THAT question is very easy!

STEVE McKINNEY!!!!!!! Either move him, or get rid of him! Don't care, but he stinks as a center!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #31
SESupergenius

Pitts maybe a good drive blocker but he has mental lapses. We need smarter guys on the o-line. If we could get Jones then go for it but we still need a quality LG in my opinion. Pitts would be a good GL set blocker and a backup, but not a starter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read