Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2005   #481
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, another losing season for the record books.

7-9

Game over. Brown 22, Texans 14
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #482
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we were consistant. We started this season the way we ended it. We were expecting a win both times.

This is going to be a long off-season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #483
Dubya
All Pro

I need to look at my TV Guide because I think the Texans were supposed to play a football game today.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #484
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
...IMO, 8-10 sacks has been caused by this not just poor o-line blocking.
Haven't see this pocket you're speaking of. The pressure is coming from the middle of the field.
Old 01-02-2005   #485
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

What a sad day...they have sooo many changes to make next year...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #486
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

In retrospect, we let the Browns hang around and gain confidence in the second quarter and we just didn't step up and smack them. Second half looked a lot like a phone in order. Particularly the o-line. Real problems there starting from the inside.
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #487
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

A truly gutless performance to end the season.

You guys have a nice offseason. Maybe Daddy Bob will shake things up and we can see some decent game planning next year. If not, I guess we'll have another season of this garbage. Hey, at least we're not Browns fans... or would that be a good thing?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #488
Dubya
All Pro

How long till the Jaxfan trolls show up?
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #489
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya
How long till the Jaxfan trolls show up?
Depends on if they win. They win and we will be deluged. If not, it will be "chirp, chirp, chirp"

De Oppresso Liber
Old 01-02-2005   #490
TexaninDenver
Rookie

Default %^$&&&BB!!!!

My chances of watching the Texans play the Broncos next year just went out the window. Now we're stuck not watching them play the Chiefs! I agree with most of the posters here -- something needs to be done with that O-line and it needs to be done swiftly and heavy-handed. David can't do anything if he's on his back or running for his life out there.
TexaninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #491
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Well... that's a wrap. 7-9 on the season. 2 game improvement over last season.

Am I mad? That's an understatement.
Optimistic for next season? As a fan always. Anything can happen on any given Sunday or Monday in the NFL. Offense needs more improvements - uyilizize the tight end, THROW THE DAMN BALL MORE and utilizing the wide receivers, mix it up some on defense as opposed to sticking w/ the 3-4 scheme.
Coaching staff changes???? HMMMMMMMM........ well considering the coach is not out on the field playing the game, he should be doing a better job of calling the plays from the sideline. To take it a step further how about drawing up some better plays that will utilize the players that will make an impact.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #492
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninDenver
My chances of watching the Texans play the Broncos next year just went out the window. Now we're stuck not watching them play the Chiefs!
Please clarify ? Do we or do we not play the Chiefs next year ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #493
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I have one question ,just curious, are you really a Texan fan?
Absolutely. Being a fan does not entail apologizing for them. Today, Carr was horrible. The line was bad also, but Carr played a terrible game. If I was there I would have cheered for a QB change also.

As a team, they stunk it up in quite a few games this year. They played very inconsistently and failed to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball. They failed to beat a good team (no I don't consider JAX a good team) and lost to several bad teams. They were unmotivated, unprepared and emberrassed on several occassions. The defense was terrible the first half of the year and the offense the second half, which pretty much epitomized their inconsistent season. And they were a losing team again. Fan or not, those are just facts.

On the positive side, the record and stats were better. There were also several moral victories like sweeping the Jagoffs and Tacks. Maybe this season is something to build off of, I sure hope so. But I can't say definitively that there was a lot of progress. Hopefully next year will not resemble this year in any way.

It's a shame that our last memory of the season will be today's gutless effort.

Last edited by the wonger need food; 01-02-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2005   #494
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I was just wondering because most of your post are the glass is half empty rather than half full.
Is the glass half full? It looks half empty from what I have seen this year. That doesn't mean I am not a fan and don't want the team to do everything possible to get better.

I had several positive posts this week. Just because I won't apologize or defend their mediocrity, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

Last edited by the wonger need food; 01-02-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-02-2005   #495
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I was at the game....and damn,u talk about boos,they were loud when the Texans offense screwed up. The Defense did its job in the Red Zone,but before CLE got in the redzone...we couldnt do much when it came to getting pressure on Holcomb,some bad coverages,etc. Kind of a bad way to go out,but 7-9,I'll take. Next year,we all will give this team hell after a bad loss,I hope the Texans are ready for it,lol. Good season,just a bad ending...but I can't get mad,only cuz Vince Young did his thing last night by leading the Horns to victory,otherwise,i'd REALLY be po'ed.

2002 - 4-12
2003 - 5-11
2004 - 7-9
2005 - 10-6
Old 01-02-2005   #496
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

They deserved every boo they got today. One more time and I will get it out of my system.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2005   #497
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonger, I see only 1 bad team and 1 mediocre team the Texans lost to. The other 7 losses were to playoff teams.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #498
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and now we know what these teams fans felt like
Dallas
Jacksonville
N.Y Giants
PIttsburgh

Miami
Jacksonville
Carolina
Buffalo
Atlanta

All those teams fans felt the same way as we do now
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #499
edo783
Site Contributor

7-9 is at the low end of the expected range (7-9 to 9-7). There were two games that we SHOULD have won that got away from us, this one and Detroit. There were a couple of games we COULD have won, but were not the expected ones like the Vikes and GB. And there was at least one that at the beginning of the season was chalked up as a loss, KC. Given all of that, we are about were most expected us to be, but went out on a bad note. Hopefully they come back next year with a chip on thier collective shoulders about how they ended and wind up with 3-4 more wins than this year.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 01-02-2005   #500
Demon
Rookie

Default 2005

Texans alive and wild!!!! GO TEAM
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read