Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2004   #21
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for what you're doing over there, man...we're all thinking of you. Will you be back stateside in time to see some games this season?

My prediction is right in line with aj's--I see 8-8, for almost exactly the same reasons he provided. If we were in a cupcake division I'd see more success, but there will be some DOGFIGHTS just to get to that 3-3 mark in the division.

That said, there's no reason at all not to talk up the Texans. Even if you're wrong, you're still spreadin' the gospel.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #22
Doom Capers
Veteran

I think we could win 11 of the games. I am not saying we will, but we have the potential to win at least 11. But to be more realistic, I am saying 10-6.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #23
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Thanks for the service. I would say that there is a 50-50 shot at getting 10 wins this year. The Texans really weren't that far last year if not for so many injuries.
Old 05-30-2004   #24
Mischief
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mischief Send a message via Yahoo to Mischief

I'm gonna say 8-8 and if we really try hard 10-6, judging on what we did the last few years... I sure hope I can get the games in California!
Old 05-30-2004   #25
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally healthy... meaning no injuries? 11-5.

But since that's impossible, I'll say 9-7.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004   #26
Texansbacker
Veteran

Provided that Seth Payne et al are all healthy we can be 12-4.

No doubt about it.

For each significant injury deduct 1 game.

Well see how it plays out this year and all the Nostradamas predictions will be exposed.

We could have easily had a better record last year with 1/3 less talent. I am pumped with the possibilites. Look at the Panthers. They are going to be hard to beat again this year and the Texans are going to be even tougher.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004   #27
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

at worst, we will go 7-9...at best, we will go 11-5 and get into the playoffs...i think we will go 9-7...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004   #28
dagr8whitehope
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to dagr8whitehope
Default too much expected

i don't like the pre-season predictions. we aren't even in training camp yet and we're thinking final record. football is a game of uncertainties, many of us want to say "if we remain healthy".....but even if the injury bug stays away this season, the schedule is about the toughest we could have drawn, detroit's no cupcake, the bears will love lovie's system, the pack is the pack, and the afc south is the afc south, 11-5 is a huge stretch for a 3rd year team, but 8-8 is right about par for the course, the titans will probably fall at reliant stadium and the colts and jags too, on the road, the jags may be a win, but other than that, nashville's always been tough, and the colts are brutal at home. but like i said, it's all uncertain anyway, so we'll just have to wait and see, but i do have to admit i love the optimism, but i think too much good talk before the season will ultimately jynx the fellas, few years ago somebody picked our beloved 'stros to win the world series, didn't even make the playoffs, that's all i'm saying, peace everybody.
Old 05-31-2004   #29
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

A little more explaination for my 11-5 statement. Every team goes through injuries but the Texans have more depth this year at every position. Also, the players who have had to step in to play the last few yew years for the injured starters are battle tested and know exactly what it takes and the scemes of our starting team. It is like depth within depth.

11-5 baby! Write it down!
Old 05-31-2004   #30
Demon
Rookie

Cool How about at least 9-7

This is our year to get very, very close to the playoffs. If we can win four games (which I think we can) which were close ones last year, then we should have no problems with a 9-7 record. But football can be mysteriously deceiving at times. I can't wait. Go Texans.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #31
TexansJunkE
Veteran

8-8 that would be a succesful yr. I also say we go 2-0. I wouldn't say the Lions had a great draft, wait a year or 2 before we say that. They have good prospects.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #32
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

That is pretty much what most rational fans thought. Some of the less rational are having problems with how the season ended. I have heard of ugly wins, but this was a butt ugly LOSE. Not a great way to end the season, but it sure pointed out the need for improving the o-line.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read