Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2007   #21
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 34856 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TC tickets FUBARED as usual

I am having a hard time finding a bank that has tickets...Anyone out there have a extra ticket for your friendly BullPen photographer?
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #22
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
I am having a hard time finding a bank that has tickets...Anyone out there have a extra ticket for your friendly BullPen photographer?
If I end up getting any, I will give you all of mine.
Old 07-16-2007   #23
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How many do you need? My wife (hopefully) picked some up this afternoon, I can see how many extra we'll have...
Old 07-16-2007   #24
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

So "free" doesn't really mean "free", does it? Not only are you driving around wasting $3.00 a gallon gasoline, you have to get manhandled by the bank emps...sounds like fun to me.

I think I will just wait until preseason to see my Texans.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I spent an hour of personal leave from work and probably about 20 miles of driving.

I don't like to byatch about free stuff because the Texans don't have to do this (although it's a great gesture/annual event and I hope it continues). But my only point is if they are going to continue this for the fans, they really need to work out the kinks in the ticket distribution method. It's pretty screwed up every year.

Some people were saying earlier that the two practice limit gives more people a shot at tickets. Well ... not really. Wachovia Man was fully prepared to give me 12 tickets (6 each for two practices) but he couldn't give me 7 tickets (1 each for seven practices) because of the two practice limit.

If someone can explain that logic, I'm all ears. I'm sure it has to relate to potential customer contact opportunites in one way or another. Or maybe not and I'm giving them too much credit for having a well thought out plan when they might be winging it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #26
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 34856 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
How many do you need? My wife (hopefully) picked some up this afternoon, I can see how many extra we'll have...
Just looking for one...I am not getting the sideline pass that I had last year.
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 07-16-2007   #27
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
So "free" doesn't really mean "free", does it? Not only are you driving around wasting $3.00 a gallon gasoline, you have to get manhandled by the bank emps...sounds like fun to me.

I think I will just wait until preseason to see my Texans.
I have suffered awakophobia (the fear of not getting training camp tickets) for the past two years.
Old 07-16-2007   #28
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Most maybe all would disagree with me I'm sure, but I'm willing and even happy to pay for the tickets if that's what it takes to get me into each practice.
Of course I'm not talking about anything like forking over the going price of attending a game, but I don't think its another entitlement people/fans should necessarily expect gratis and I'd be willing to pay a nominal amount.
But then practices are just that important to me.
I can get a better look at individual players at a practice session than I'll ever get at a game, and I totally enjoy the one-on-one drills which I can't get at all at a game. This is especially important to me when the season is just beginning and we've got so many new faces on the roster I'm not familiar with.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #29
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Most maybe all would disagree with me I'm sure, but I'm willing and even happy to pay for the tickets if that's what it takes to get me into each practice.
Of course I'm not talking about anything like forking over the going price of attending a game, but I don't think its another entitlement people/fans should necessarily expect gratis and I'd be willing to pay a nominal amount.
But then practices are just that important to me.
I can get a better look at individual players at a practice session than I'll ever get at a game, and I totally enjoy the one-on-one drills which I can't get at all at a game. This is especially important to me when the season is just beginning and we've got so many new faces on the roster I'm not familiar with.
I agree as I would pay as well.
Old 07-16-2007   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand how fans can be frustrated over Wachovia's ticket policy. When Foley's distributed the training camp tickets, you could get 6 or 8 tickets per session. But if you weren't in the cue before the ticket window opened, you probably went home without a single ticket. I went to 3 Wachovia's in probably half the time I spent in line at Foley's, and got all of the tickets I needed.

I know that I'm fortunate in that I don't punch a clock and I get to drive around quite a bit in my job. But, I walked right into a one Wachovia at lunch time, I'm the only fan there, and the guy has plenty of tickets to every practice. Sure, I had to give some personal information. It wasn't necessarily MY personal information. I'm in and out in less than 2 minutes. Really, how hard was that?

Maybe we can help facilitate the distribution of the tickets here. I'm sure a lot of people have extra tickets to 2 practices, but need tickets for the rest. Once I dole out the tickets I've promised, I'll happily make available the rest. Others will do the same. Together, we can get through this.
Old 07-16-2007   #31
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: TC tickets FUBARED as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I understand how fans can be frustrated over Wachovia's ticket policy. When Foley's distributed the training camp tickets, you could get 6 or 8 tickets per session. But if you weren't in the cue before the ticket window opened, you probably went home without a single ticket. I went to 3 Wachovia's in probably half the time I spent in line at Foley's, and got all of the tickets I needed.

I know that I'm fortunate in that I don't punch a clock and I get to drive around quite a bit in my job. But, I walked right into a one Wachovia at lunch time, I'm the only fan there, and the guy has plenty of tickets to every practice. Sure, I had to give some personal information. It wasn't necessarily MY personal information. I'm in and out in less than 2 minutes. Really, how hard was that?

Maybe we can help facilitate the distribution of the tickets here. I'm sure a lot of people have extra tickets to 2 practices, but need tickets for the rest. Once I dole out the tickets I've promised, I'll happily make available the rest. Others will do the same. Together, we can get through this.
The problem/complaint is that this wasn't announced prior to anyone going to a Wachovia and even seemed to catch the Texans off guard. As late as 9 AM this morning HT.com said 6 per person per session. They need to get their ducks in a row and publish the correct info on their web site and in the Chronicle. I have a feeling we just watched the Bank bullying the Texans.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #32
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

To he11 with Wachovia and the Texans for this mess... I am a fan of the Texans, and I am not looking for starting a new checking account with Wha-chagonnado-covia. I am quite pleased with my current banking conditions and have no thoughts or plans to change that. How dare the Texans allow this to happen, especially to us fans that have been here since day 1...

I used to enjoy going to training camp, watching all the great potential players and get an idea on what kind of action we might be able to see in the season... now with all the B/S that is happening here, screw them both!

So, in response to this mess, I am going to go to the training camps, but will not be going in to watch... I will begin my season of tailgating by sitting in the parking lot during the events. I would love to be able to go and support the team as much as possible, cheering and showing the guys we are behind them still, but thanks to these two groups, that is one less positive cheering voice for the guys to hear in the crowds during TC.

Thanks Tex-we have no control-ans!
Thanks Watch-out-covia

Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #33
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm in and out in less than 2 minutes. Really, how hard was that?
I was in and out of the first place I visited in 5 minutes. Not hard at all.

The problem was having to get in my truck and drive 8 miles to the next place - unplanned since the 2 practice limit was apparently someone's brainstorm only this morning - and do it all over again. Then go through the same deal with different people but only this time let them know that my investment portfolio is well managed and none of their business. The Texans didn't even know how Wachovia was distributing tickets (at least that's what I was told at about 10:00 this morning by the friendly Texans Marketing Events Coordinator ). That's no way to run an empire.

I don't punch a clock either - as long as I make 40 it doesn't matter how I get there - but it's the disorganization of it all that continues to be frustrating year in and year out and my time is important. I'm not even the one using the tickets for a couple of the sessions. I was getting them for someone else.

Some people ended up having to go to 4 different Wach branches. Again, not all that hard, but kind of stupid if you ask me. I'm guessing the chances of someone opening a new account at Wachovia after today are inversely proportional to the number of branches they visited. But then again, a lot of people are just fine with attending two (or even one) practice(s) and this is not a big deal.

Last edited by aj.; 07-16-2007 at 07:46 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #34
Tedc
Hardheaded

Maybe next year they will be sponsored by Burger King and you will have to buy a "biggie meal" in order to get two tickets to one practice.

The fans that get tickets to all the practices will truely be able to say they are really BIG fans.

Last edited by Tedc; 07-16-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #35
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

It was ridiculous. I went to two branches to get the tickets I needed.

One, after some begging didn't make me leave the personal information. The other one insisted that I do it, so I wrote in big letters DO NOT CALL, DO NOT MAIL. I shoulda just made stuff up.

They told me that the policy changed because last year some branches were out of tickets in an hour and a half. Groups were coming in and grabbing lots of tickets and reselling them.

If they are going to partner with the bank in the future, they need to give an option to season ticket holders to get the training camp tickets that they want.

The policy really is ungood for those of us that go our own selves but want to go to multiple sessions.
Old 07-16-2007   #36
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys need to try a small town. I went to Cleveland only because it is close - relatively speaking - to Lake Livingston where I live.

Yes, I had to fill out a form but I was also handed the entire box of tickets and told to take what I wanted as the lady was helping a gentleman.

I took 6 to each practice as I thought that was the rule - silly me.

If anyone wants tickets - just pm me your address and I will send them. I'm only planning on attending the 28th pm and 29th am at this point - it is a long drive.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #37
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will send you the extra that I have for the Aug 2nd, 4th, and 15th...if no one does...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #38
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I will send you the extra that I have for the Aug 2nd, 4th, and 15th...if no one does...
I should have some thanks to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
If anyone wants tickets - just pm me your address and I will send them. I'm only planning on attending the 28th pm and 29th am at this point - it is a long drive.
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 07-16-2007   #39
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

What I don't understand is what Wachovia thinks they will gain by forcing us to give information.....And Wachovia - if you're listening - IT'S NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Those tactics are likened to that of used car salesman.....

My experience:
  • Alarm goes off. Turned it off instead of hitting snooze (doh!)
  • Get to Wachovia at 10am. (Slept in late...)
  • Walk up to financial desk.
  • "Can I help you?"
  • I'd like the training camp tickets.
  • "Fill this out"
  • OK
  • "Which practices do you want"
  • All of them
  • "You can only have two"

So I show him my paper and he shows me his, as he answers the phone (rude). I push the issue but he won't budge. I point out that it doesn't say anything about me having to fill out some form, to which he mutters, "Yeah...well..." - which I just repeat back to him with a question mark on the end of it. So I take 6 tickets to 2 practices instead of 2 to each like I wanted. I figure I can trade them, or use them at a different practice - I doubt the gate keepers will notice. On the way out I tell him not to bother contacting me......

I sure as heck won't recommend that bank to anyone..... Damn pirates...

Texans - here's a great way to do this. Take the # of practices X 2 = Maximum number of tickets per person. Don't limit it to certain number of practices. After all what's the difference between 12 tickets between 2 practices and 12 tickets between 6 practices. (Yes I know there are 7, just making a point. This is handled poorly every year. I wasn't a bit surprised, just disappointed that the Texans have yet to rectify this.

Last edited by TxDavid; 07-16-2007 at 11:01 PM.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #40
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Just join me in the parking lot for tailgating training camp...
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read