Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another Worthless Fantasy Football Analysis From ESPN

Remember this guy's name also.... Christoper Harris. Actually, we need to keep a running list of every "sports journalist" that dogged the Texans this offseason and follow-up with them after the season is over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...ory?id=2932411
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another Worthless Fantasy Football Analysis From ESPN

What a ****t-azz !
We've got so many reasons to turn this thing around and have a really successful season and put a sock in that kinda crapola.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Just skimming it, it looks like he has the much of the right answers fantasy-wise with much of the wrong facts/reasoning and gratuitous donkeying.

Why pick Texans players for your fantasy team when the team is probably one of the biggest questions marks in the league? Nobody knows how Schaub, Green, the offensive line, the #2 receivers, the Sherman-Kubiak hybrid offense, the redone and coached up defensive line, and the Texas toast secondary is going to perform in 2007.

All that being said, I'm totally excited to get my season tickets today. Wooohooooo!

Old 07-11-2007   #4
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't mind the writeup. It's overly negative but who's surprised by that?

This got me:

Quote:
and will improve the middle, as will Chester Pitts, a former tackle who'll play guard in '07.
This is a surprise to someone who supposedly follows the team? Riiiiiight.
Old 07-11-2007   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Just skimming it, it looks like he has the much of the right answers fantasy-wise with much of the wrong facts/reasoning and gratuitous donkeying.

Why pick Texans players for your fantasy team when the team is probably one of the biggest questions marks in the league? Nobody knows how Schaub, Green, the offensive line, the #2 receivers, the Sherman-Kubiak hybrid offense, the redone and coached up defensive line, and the Texas toast secondary is going to perform in 2007.

All that being said, I'm totally excited to get my season tickets today. Wooohooooo!

Agreed.

Don't forget this is the time of year where everyone comes out and states the obvious about each team. For example, the Colts will be good next year. Really? Duh.

Then there are the Texans. Who have never, in five years, won three games in a row, scored 30 3 times in five years, and have never had a .500 season or better.

There are too many question marks about this team.

Until the Texans do anything good this is what we should expect.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Honestly, I think he's pretty spot on, as negative reports go. I doubt any reporter at ESPN has ever gotten all his facts straight re: The Texans, but with that in mind, this one actually did OK.

Quote:
I have to admit: I had to check twice. The Texans really went 6-10 last year? Really?

Considering the multiple injuries they suffered on their already shaky offensive line....
Well, we did have injuries, and our O-line has been bad forever.

Quote:
.....the running back wheel-of-fortune that landed on (of all people) Ron Dayne.....
You have to admit, no one expected much from Dayne, and he's largely been a bust for his career.

Quote:
....the game planning that begged David Carr not to do much of anything....
Nothing there that hasn't been said here.

Quote:
.....and the defense that produced just 24 turnovers, third-fewest in the league, a 6-10 record is actually rather shocking.
Spot on.

Quote:
Last year's non-Reggie-Bush-related headlines revolved around Carr, and the bad decision Charlie Casserly made in continuing to invest in a guy with a career 59-65 TD-INT ratio. I'll admit it: Up until a couple of years ago, Carr's physical gifts had me fooled, too, but I woke up early in the '05 season, while Casserly never did. Sure, Houston skimped from beginning to end on offense, investing nothing in the running back position....
Well, we did go into the season relying on a 6th round draft pick, a career-long bust, and an undrafted FA in Taylor.

Quote:
....never getting a decent tight end or a running mate for Andre Johnson.....
There's some hindsight going on here, but he's pretty accurate.

Quote:
.....and that offensive line has been bad forever. But Carr plays like his hair's on fire, Kyle Boller style. He needed to go.
He correctly states that the O-line has been bad forever, and then, just like most people here, puts it all on Carr.

Later, regarding our best offensive player, he writes:

Quote:
The best guy to own here, obviously, is Andre Johnson, but is he worth his draft-day price? I tend to think not. Yes, he caught an NFL-high 103 passes in '06, but did you know he finished just 11th in total yards receiving, which gave him a too-low 11.1 yards per catch. Guys with Johnson's physical abilities (i.e., ridiculous size and speed) typically average between 15 and 20, which means that (a) Carr was a bad deep-ball quarterback, (b) the Texans' offensive line didn't give AJ time to get downfield, and (c) defenses pretty much keyed on tackling Johnson, to the exclusion of everyone else. The result? Of those 103 catches, just five were for scores. Will things get better for AJ this year? Maybe Schaub seems to throw a nice deep ball. But there are no wide receiver names worth knowing on the other side, and Daniels can only attract so much defensive attention. I definitely have Johnson well inside the top 20 at receiver, but there's no way I'd put him inside the top 10, unless it's a point-per-reception league.
Well, that's all dead accurate, as far as I can tell. If you catch 103 balls, you probably ought to at least be in the top 3 in yardage. This conversation was being had on this board last year, with the same general viewpoint and consensus. Like most of us, he pretty much nailed the reasons why, as well (Carr, O-line, lack of any other credible threat). As far as fantasy considerations go, he's also right - the price is not worth the production, and he didn't even mention that AJ has never caught many TD passes, which are especially valuable in FF.

I don't know; I just don't see much to be upset about on this. He backed up most of his points well, and appears to have at least done as much homework as was necessary for a FF article. The Texans need to win to dispel the loser tag.
Old 07-11-2007   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy is an *****, what does analyzing our fantasy value have to do with take some many potshots. Oh, he's a Bush lover that's right. And still pissed his boy didn't go number 1. On top that, I would smoke him in FF.

Old 07-11-2007   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
The guy is an *****, what does analyzing our fantasy value have to do with take some many potshots. Oh, he's a Bush lover that's right. And still pissed his boy didn't go number 1. On top that, I would smoke him in FF.

haha!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He correctly states that the O-line has been bad forever, and then, just like most people here, puts it all on Carr.
It couldn't have been that bad if we had a RB who had three 1,000 yard seasons, and a QB who threw for over 3500 yards one season. These are not "stellar" numbers, but they are also not numbers that would be associated with the so-called "worst line in the NFL".

Once again, people want to take a black/white either/or perspective, when it was really somewhere in the middle (i.e. not the greatest line, not the greatest QB).
Old 07-12-2007   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It couldn't have been that bad if we had a RB who had three 1,000 yard seasons, and a QB who threw for over 3500 yards one season. These are not "stellar" numbers, but they are also not numbers that would be associated with the so-called "worst line in the NFL".

Once again, people want to take a black/white either/or perspective, when it was really somewhere in the middle (i.e. not the greatest line, not the greatest QB).
I have never taken a black or white stance with regards to darn near any football discussion. It's too much of an intertwined team game. Perhaps, to better clarify myself, I should have said that he correctly states that our O-line has been bad forever (at least in pass pro), and then like everyone else, places a greater share of the blame on Carr - as it should be (we all hope).
Old 07-12-2007   #11
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

Hmmm...perhaps we should make a yahoo league and invite him to play...challenge his "expertise" and show him how it's done.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read