Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-10-2007   #21
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Lee View Post
Hey Yank!

As for the charcoal, we use a chimney to light up just plain ol' Kingsford charcoal. We do not use any of that "Pre-light" crap... that stuff just adds bad flavor to the food.

Just a thought for you...
Those work great!

But I buy a small bag of match-light to get the chimney started. 3 match-light chunks 120 degrees apart under the chimney starter works pretty well.
Old 07-10-2007   #22
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

You got one of those Oklahoma Joes? Man thats kinda wrong isnt it?
Propane and Propane accessories, nuff said.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 226555 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
You got one of those Oklahoma Joes? Man thats kinda wrong isnt it?
Propane and Propane accessories, nuff said.
I'm not sure to which one you refer, but the OK Joe's that I have is charcoal-only.
Old 07-10-2007   #24
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

I've got two websites bookmarked that I use as a reference.

This one tells you best methods for different kinds of meats. Be sure to click on the categories over to the left for more info.

http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...oater=disabled

This one has straightforward instructions for brisket, something I'd never tried until a few months ago.

http://www.txbeef.org/view_archived_...archived_id=15

I buy wood chips in bags at Wal-Mart.
Old 07-11-2007   #25
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm not sure to which one you refer, but the OK Joe's that I have is charcoal-only.
It was more of a joke for Yank, he is and Ohio State alum and it would be wrong to be and OK smoker.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #26
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Grilling

Quote:
I broke in the grill last night by using some Mesquite wood w/ the
charcoal. It added tons of smoke. Mostly it made me smell like Mesquite
even after taking a shower and changing clothes. Seriously, I can't get
this smell off of me.
LOL, Mike sent me an e-mail this morning.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read