Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who has the most disappointing season?
Matt Schaub 7 15.22%
DeMeco Ryans 3 6.52%
Ahman Green 18 39.13%
Dunta Robinson 14 30.43%
Andre Johnson 4 8.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007   #21
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Disappointing Player of the Year is....

Why are we already looking for disappointments? We've added some key pieces to the team & we start with the same record as everyone else. Where's all this negativity coming from? I can't wait for the season to start.

1) I'm especially looking forward to seeing our D'Line perform.

2) I'm looking forward to seeing Mario shut up all the naysayers.

3) I'm looking forward to seeing Mario's 300lbs. crush the Golden One (Bush).

4) I'm looking forward to seeing our O'Line be better than it was last year.

5) I'm looking forward to our running game being improved with the addition of Green & our O'Line settling in for their 2nd year together.

6) I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Mathis ripping off long, game changing returns.

7) I'm looking forward to our new QB taking his first snaps.

8) I'm looking forward to seeing our WR's put fear into the eyes of our opponent's secondary.

9) I'm looking forward to seeing all the rookies perform, especially the ones that we never knew about, but the coaches & scouts did.

10) Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing all the new cheerleaders.

So, as you can see, I can't vote in your poll, because at this time, I can only see things to be excited about. I'll leave the negativity for a time when it's better warranted.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #22
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen Hottodie!

None of the above for me. It is July and time to be optimistic. Hopefully, this year there won't be any time for disappointment - but if there is, it won't be in July. July is for anticipation, countdowns to the first game, season ticket arrivals, training camp, getting ready to tailgate and hoping that this will be the year of the Texans in the playoffs. October will come soon enough.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #23
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Why are we already looking for disappointments? We've added some key pieces to the team & we start with the same record as everyone else. Where's all this negativity coming from? I can't wait for the season to start.
because its the deadest time of the yr in the nfl amd we need stuff to talk about.... and like it or not, we will have disappointments this yr.

19 days till TC and good things to talk about again
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #24
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Schaub. He might be good eventually, but people are expecting to much. His stats will be much like Carr's, perhaps a little better.
Who cares about stats, I want WINS!!!!!
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Who cares about stats, I want WINS!!!!!
Ya gotta understand something PC. The guys on this board live and breath stats! They take um, toss um around, chew um up, spit um out, and by d*mn, that's the way the cookie crumbles because the STATS don't lie!! J/K guys!! BUt, you have to admit, you all love to toss around stats! By the end of the year Matt Schaub might have worst stats than DC, but, if we pull off a winning season, he will be a hero! Ahman Green might have a 1000+ yd season, BUT, if we don't at least break even, he will be labeled a bust and to old to play the game. Personally, I don't give a rats butt about stats! Whats on the scoreboard at the end of the game is all that matters.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Ya gotta understand something PC. The guys on this board live and breath stats! They take um, toss um around, chew um up, spit um out, and by d*mn, that's the way the cookie crumbles because the STATS don't lie!! J/K guys!! BUt, you have to admit, you all love to toss around stats! By the end of the year Matt Schaub might have worst stats than DC, but, if we pull off a winning season, he will be a hero! Ahman Green might have a 1000+ yd season, BUT, if we don't at least break even, he will be labeled a bust and to old to play the game. Personally, I don't give a rats butt about stats! Whats on the scoreboard at the end of the game is all that matters.
exactly SheTexan.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The score is a statistic.

And if you go to just about any board, you're going to find people throwing stats around. It's a way to analyze and understand what went on and hopefully figure out a little bit about what's going to happen in the future.

And, personally, if I have a QB that is playing poorly, I don't care if we're winning or losing, I'm going to want another QB because you shouldn't have your team trying to make up for a bad one. Look at the number of Bears fans wanting to get rid of Grossman. If my QB is playing well and we're losing, I'm going to hope the QB stays and we get the right players to help the team win.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #28
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote goes to AJ having a disappointing year. The only reason he has a disappointing year is because KW becomes the go to open guy along with OD. Until later in the season when teams start realizing they need to double cover KW and/or OD... then the big AJ is let loose but it will be later in the season so his stats won't be great. BUT the following year he will be NFL's MVP.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #29
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll all have great years.

Happy thoughts everyone...send out some positive energy into the universe for the benefit of the Texans.
Old 07-09-2007   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, the only player(s) that can possibly have a disappointing season would be Chris Brown and Chad Stanley. Mainly Brown because I believe we'll have a few hard fought games that come down to FG attempts.

No reason necessary for Stanley.
Old 07-09-2007   #31
real

I didn't vote...

I don't want to predict that one of our players has a bad year...especially not any of the players on that list...

I know there are going to be players that don't play up to a standard I think they should be playing at, but as of right now I expect this to be an improved team and in order for that to happen many areas will have to improve...

But if I flipped the question to: Who do I think will have the most improved/best season out of the bunch I'd go with Matt and Dunta...

I think Matt is going to play very well, and I think Dunta is going to push past that wall of being a good corner to becoming a very good corner because of, what I expect to be, an improved pass rush.
Old 07-09-2007   #32
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't put Mario on there because he basically has no where to go but up.

AJ and DeMeco having "off" years would probably actually mean a better team. Andre's catches go down because he actually has help, the same with Ryans' tackles.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #33
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to say Dunta only b/c i think no teams fear him in pass coverage. I also think most of us around here are expecting for him to step his game up from previous years.

He's been solid, but we need him to shut down his side of the field like true number 1's do.

But in regards to your poll, why didn't you put Mario up there? IMO he's got to at least double what he did last year to not be a disappointment.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #34
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i vote matt schaub...it will be very easy to dissapoint the fans if he doesn't show that he;s two times better than carr. We will see flashes of all he has to offer this year but this year he will be developing
Old 07-09-2007   #35
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i voted dunta because kris brown wasnt on the list.
Old 07-09-2007   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

How come everybody thinks Mario didn't do anything last season.

Has anyone compared his tackle numbers to other defensive ends in the league. I am talking about tackles...not sacks. He had quite a bit of tackles last season for a rookie defensive end.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #37
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
How come everybody thinks Mario didn't do anything last season.

Has anyone compared his tackle numbers to other defensive ends in the league. I am talking about tackles...not sacks. He had quite a bit of tackles last season for a rookie defensive end.

Because his name doesn't start with an R or a V!

lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read