Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-06-2007   #41
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Look at Our Dead Money Figures: NFL Article

so wait we have $37m because the 'dead money' of walker, robaire etc will be over....

BUT

wont that space just be replaced with the dead money we'll be paying others?:

WWWNBN
DW/DD
Moulds
Weigert
Payne
Wong

could 1 of the resident capologists explain this to me
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
so wait we have $37m because the 'dead money' of walker, robaire etc will be over....

BUT

wont that space just be replaced with the dead money we'll be paying others?:

WWWNBN
DW/DD
Moulds
Weigert
Payne
Wong

could 1 of the resident capologists explain this to me

Not a capologist but because DW/DD Moulds and the others were released prior to the 2007 season the cap hit for signing bonus and other guaranteed money takes place this year if I am to understand it correctly.

So the franchise takes one huge hit this year (hence no FA money) and then will have money for the following year.
Old 07-06-2007   #43
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Not a capologist but because DW/DD Moulds and the others were released prior to the 2007 season the cap hit for signing bonus and other guaranteed money takes place this year if I am to understand it correctly.

So the franchise takes one huge hit this year (hence no FA money) and then will have money for the following year.
i thought the signing bonuses/garuntees are amortized over the life of the contract and all the big contracts (DC,DD, moulds) has around 3 yrs to run so shouldn't we still have pretty high 'dead money' until then
Old 07-06-2007   #44
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i thought the signing bonuses/garuntees are amortized over the life of the contract and all the big contracts (DC,DD, moulds) has around 3 yrs to run so shouldn't we still have pretty high 'dead money' until then
My limited understanding:
Bonuses/guarantees are amortized over the life of the contract UNTIL such time as the team cuts or trades the player, at which time the remaining bonus/guarantee money is accelerated into one year.

All the best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #45
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

oh right yeah, that makes sense thanks.. when did we cut wade?- i thought hed be off the books by now

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read