Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-02-2007   #1
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An Oilers/Texans Color Scheme ........

I have always wondered what the Texans would have looked liked if they would have went with the old Oilers color scheme . I don't know why , I just think of things like this ? So , I did a little Photoshopping , and now I know ......

It wouldn't have been bad I guess . I still like the steel blue and battle red more .

Click that thumbnail to see the full-sized version .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!

Last edited by False Start; 07-02-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added wrong Image link .
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An Oilers/Texans Color Scheme ........

Columbia Blue........ errrrrrrrrrrrrrr powder blue can stay right where its at, but I see you working.
Old 07-02-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad we've got the dark blue helmets.

Interesting to see the Texans logo with smurf blue, tho'...
Old 07-02-2007   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting idea, but the red, white and blue that matches the Texas flag was the right color combo.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

You do realize that the Oilers are now the franchise located in Tenn., right?

Is this some tribute to Vince everytime he returns to his other home stadium?

I'm confused .....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
You do realize that the Oilers are now the franchise located in Tenn., right?
When the Titans go with the oil derrick on a throwback uni, then I'll believe they embrace their past. Until then, it's only a matter of names and numbers in record books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Is this some tribute to Vince everytime he returns to his other home stadium?
Why would he go back to Memorial Stadium in Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
I'm confused .....
Is this a confession?
Old 07-02-2007   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Interesting idea, but the red, white and blue that matches the Texas flag was the right color combo.

My monitor went on the fritz and I'm having to use this old mini fridge looking contraption , the color settings are all messed up .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2007   #8
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
When the Titans go with the oil derrick on a throwback uni, then I'll believe they embrace their past. Until then, it's only a matter of names and numbers in record books.
I still rock my throw backs in madden. I actually like them.

Quote:
Why would he go back to Memorial Stadium in Austin?
The Texans play at Reliant Stadium

Here was his last home coming. Notice all of his FANS chearing him on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqwtjyCfHQ

Notice at about the 1 min mark into it Ryans get left in the dust unable to tackle Young.

Old 07-02-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I still rock my throw backs in madden. I actually like them.
The virtual world is probably the only place that Bud will let the Titans pay homage to the oil derrick. Props to you for keeping it alive, though.

Quote:
The Texans play at Reliant Stadium
yep, I'm well aware of it, especially considering that I've been to every home game since the beginning.

And since Vince Young has never been a player on the Houston Texans, it stands to reason that Reliant has never been his home field.

It's a shame that a man of his immense talent and potential harbors such strong (and hurt) feelings over a business decision like the NFL Draft. He needs to get over it, though, because he's living in the past by holding such a grudge. I'd hope his focus is on the present, considering the Titans will need all of his undivided attention they can get in 2007.

Quote:
Notice all of his FANS chearing him on.
yeah, Houston - being in Texas and all - has a whole lot of Longhorn fans. But not so much Titans fan, considering these jerseys were hardly seen around these parts after the Texans swept them in 2004.
Old 07-02-2007   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
yep, I'm well aware of it, especially considering that I've been to every home game since the beginning.

And since Vince Young has never been a player on the Houston Texans, it stands to reason that Reliant has never been his home field.

It's a shame that a man of his immense talent and potential harbors such strong (and hurt) feelings over a business decision like the NFL Draft. He needs to get over it, though, because he's living in the past by holding such a grudge. I'd hope his focus is on the present, considering the Titans will need all of his undivided attention they can get in 2007.

yeah, Houston - being in Texas and all - has a whole lot of Longhorn fans. But not so much Titans fan, considering these jerseys were hardly seen around these parts after the Texans swept them in 2004.
I think the "hate" is embellished by the fans and media. I bet he could really careless as long as he gets his shot in the NFL. He just does not seem like that type of guy in the interviews I have seen. And his remarks regarding the Texans I think he just uses it a motivation when he plays to fire himself up. It does not hurt that on your first trip back you put up a 39 yard TD run in OT.

Old 07-02-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the "hate" is embellished by the fans and media. I bet he could really careless as long as he gets his shot in the NFL. He just does not seem like that type of guy in the interviews I have seen. And his remarks regarding the Texans I think he just uses it a motivation when he plays to fire himself up. It does not hurt that on your first trip back you put up a 39 yard TD run in OT.
I guess you never saw his interviews on all the talk shows he did after being drafted and the ones he did after last season.
Old 07-03-2007   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Nice work on Photoshop, but I will stick with the colors we have already.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I think the "hate" is embellished by the fans and media. I bet he could really careless as long as he gets his shot in the NFL.
I don't know...him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house" seems a bit emotional to me. He won the big game? No, he beat the lowly Texans. I guess that's something to hang his hat on, though.
Old 07-03-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know...him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house" seems a bit emotional to me. He won the big game? No, he beat the lowly Texans. I guess that's something to hang his hat on, though.
I'd love to have a QB that got emotional after a game...well, other than "I had fun" in a 24-12 loss.

I love that Texans uniform in Oiler blue...put a derrick on that helmet and that would have been an awesome Oiler uniform....all things considered, I'll keep the Texans colors since my Oilers are dead. I would say RIP...but there is no rest in peace when it comes to the old Oiler team I grew up with....sadly.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd love to have a QB that got emotional after a game...well, other than "I had fun" in a 24-12 loss.
I do not disagree! Fortunately, we no longer have this problem.

I just take exception with a flaming meatball fan tries to tell me that Reliant Stadium is their QB's 'home field' because a bunch of Longhorn fans invade the place once a season.

See, the thing is most Texans fans have moved beyond fretting over the 2006 draft. What's done is done, and it's time to move on. But apparently some folks need the extra motivation when their talent should be more than enough to get them through. But hey, if crying over spilt milk is what some do, then that's their thing and nothing for me to lose sleep over.

And to Blazing Arrow, I never said the word "hate", so don't try to straw man the discussion with all that nonsense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read