Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-23-2007   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan Blog

Da Good, Da Bad, and DeMeco

Who ever does this blog, does a great job.

Good reading.......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #2
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Texan Blog

Afer reading the fan blog I'm a little bit hesitant to say that the Texans might be the surprise team in the AFC this year. The following are some reasons why I'm a little bit skeptical:

1. We have a QB with very little NFL experience.
2. We have aging RBs in Ahman Green and Ron Dayne. I am wondering how fast they can go through the holes created by the offensive line.
3. We don't have a WR who can complement Andre Johnson. Hopefully, Owen Daniels can help.
4 We don't have anyone in the secondary who can help out Dante Robinson.

Believe me, I would really love for our team to kick some major league ass. We seem to be making strides in the right direction. Hopefully, our offensive line will show improvement. This year I see the Texans at 7-9. Next year I see the Texans at 8-8. However, the year after I see them being at 9-7 and being a viable playoff contender.

P.S. Now that I have posted this under the correct thread, the powers that be on these message boards (Vinny) won't delete this post this time. Perhaps the moderator could've just moved my post to this thread insyead of deleting it alltogether like they used to do in the past. It certainly would've saved me the time of having to start from scratch. Thanks Vinny.
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #3
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think that Texans_Chick does the fan blog.
Old 06-24-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentfliertx View Post
I think that Texans_Chick does the fan blog.
Texans_Chick does the AOL fan blog. This is not the AOL fan blog. Besides, anyone can do a blog. I don't believe it's specific to a person writing.

This blog was posted by a guy named Matt. Not much information given out but he definitely does an outstanding job. I'll be reading more and more of his blogs. Great find, Wario.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Texans_Chick does the AOL fan blog. This is not the AOL fan blog. Besides, anyone can do a blog. I don't believe it's specific to a person writing.

This blog was posted by a guy named Matt. Not much information given out but he definitely does an outstanding job. I'll be reading more and more of his blogs. Great find, Wario.
Yup.

It's great that there are now more blogs on the Texans. When I first started writing, they were very few and far between.

I used to write the FanBlog for the Chronicle but it got way too time consuming. Hobby turning into non-paid job = drag. That and I didn't like to be at a game all day and then feel pressured to come home and write about it right away, especially if it was a sucky game.

Thomas Hilton now writes the Chronicle FanBlog. The old writing I did has his name up top but I wrote it from the beginning through the very beginning of February.

I write for AOL Sports FanHouse and love it. I kind of see it as a way to educate a more national audience about the Texans. That maybe getting that stuff out there might make people rethink things.

I like Matt's DGDB&D a lot. The Battle Red Blog has some nice things in it too.

My addy is in my signature. They are asking me to write about more generalized sports topics too--that's fun because anytime I have a bug about something, I can go off. I should be doing some video stuff in the future, (I think). The FanHouse is now the #1 Sports blog on the internet with over 19 million individual page hits a month. I really like the people who run it, and I like what they do. The Debriefing is one of the entertaining sports reads of the day: link.
Old 06-24-2007   #6
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Smile Re: Texan Blog

Anyway, I was responding to the blog by Texans_Chick. Good job, Stephanie!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read