Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-20-2007   #101
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
None

signed,

every who has had othroscopic surgery
I don't even know where to start .....

Well first off I think you meant Arthroscopic since the word you used is made up but moving past that I assume that by your post you either entirely agree with me or have no clue what Arthroscopic/othroscopic surgery is. Much less have taken a second to even review Green's injury.

http://www.packers.com/team/players/green_ahman/

Quote:
Ruptured his right quadriceps tendon at Minnesota (Oct. 23) and underwent season-ending surgery two days later
by now I bet you are confused, thinking "it does not mention his knee", so I highlight it for you:

Quote:
Ruptured his right quadriceps tendon
The quad tendon is part of the knee....

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/knee...quadtendon.htm

Quote:
The quadriceps tendon and patellar tendon (or patellar ligament) are parts of the extensor mechanism of the knee. It is the extensor mechanism that allows us to straighten our knee or perform a kicking motion. When the quadriceps muscle (thigh muscle) contracts, force is transmitted through the quadriceps tendon, across the patella (kneecap), through the patellar tendon, and the knee is straightened.
a diagram just incase I am still not making sense ....

Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #102
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
How many 30 year old RBs come back from knee surgery at even 75% of there former self?
1) Ahman wasn't 30 when he had the surgery.
2) He didn't turn 30 till 4 months ago. More than a full year after the surgery.
3) While not great last season. He had over 1000 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving.

Yeah I would really rather have a fat RB that did nothing last season, LW or a injury prone RB that did nothing last season, CB or a RB that didn't even do anything in college, CH. Man you are right Ahman is garbage compaired to that.

Quote:
FANTASY FOOTBALL ARTICLES
2006 Off-Season Injury Report - Running Backs
Philip Gentles
June 5, 2006

Ahman Green, GB
Surgery To Repair Torn Quadriceps

Huddle Up: Packers’ RB Ahman Green, who is already ahead of schedule in his rehab back from a torn quadriceps tendon, is expected to be at full speed in time for the start of the regular season. Green missed the remainder of the 2005 season after tearing his quadriceps in October and he’s undergone 3 – 4 hours of treatment and rehab daily since team physicians surgically repaired the injury. According to reports the Packers didn’t think he would be able to practice until sometime in August but he was given clearance to work with the team during mini camp in May. Green did not take part in any contact drills and he was running at half speed but he did take handoffs and made cuts and according to reports the medical staff was pleased with his performance. He’s been straight-line running and lifting weights since March 20 but nobody, not even Green himself, thought he would be back on the field and cutting before the start of training camp so this is a very good sign that things are going well. Team officials now expect him to be more involved in June OTA’s and he should be closer to full strength when training camp begins.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #103
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you mr spelling police. Without you nothing would ever get done.

Are you saying that anyone with an injury is never been successful, after 30? No I am not going through all the history. Who cares what you think about it, your a troll who wants to trash anything and everything and bring up a stat that is hard to research. Knee inury after 30 so I would have to look at every running back. I have been looking for this stat for about an hour now, great next you will bring up lefties who have never rushed for 1000k after 32. You bring up a stat that can not be proved or disproved and want to make an arguement about it. Arthroscopic surgery was major surgery prior to the year 2000 season so go F yourself on that one. Each year medical advances upgrade. But hey lets not take that into account.

So I could say: name one black QB who has one a superbowl, now name one who was a scrabbling qb vs a pocket passer. I can bring up stats that make my point without going with the discussion.

Name me one RB on the titans roster who could start for any other team? the answer is NONE.

Thank you for trying but you failed as badly as pacman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campbell

Read where he was ever injured. Oh wait you can't it is not on there.

Last edited by Specnatz; 06-20-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #104
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

First, a torn quad tendon can not be fixed by arthroscopical surgery - so lets get off each other's back about the spelling and what not...

Second, the procedure can usually be performed as an outpatient or overnight stay. Of course it will need to be immobalized for approximately 6 weeks - but can vary from patient to patient - with several weeks of re-hab.

Third, the injury prognosis is similar to that of a hamstring in that if it is not healed 100%, the person is at a great risk of re-injuring it - but if the injury is healed 100% the patient should regain all mobility and movement...

Given that, and the fact that Green did okay last season and came into camp this season in the best shape of his life, I would say that we should be in pretty good shape (knock on wood).

But lets also remember - thats why they play the games. Green could get hurt, LenDale could lose 67 pounds and lead the NFL in rushing. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 06-21-2007   #105
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lendale losing 67 lbs?

I think they gonna convert Young to RB...
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #106
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
on your BTW that was your choice to stay loyal to your location, I am not from Houston and have no tie to the state, so I have no vested interest in the state or city. So I kept routing for the team I had grown up following.
Quote:
I was a 9er fan as a young child because they were what was on. Moon and the shoot got me hooked on the Oilers/Titans. I have been a fan since.
Quote:
I live in the SF Bay Area so I actually have two teams to chose from. The Raiders and the 49ers. I chose the Oilers, though I do like the 49ers.
And you have the balls to call anyone a...what was your term, "turncoat"?

So you have two teams to choose from where you live, but have chosen to bandwagon another team. Okey dokey, that is certainly your prerogative.

But you lose credibility when you want to paint anyone that roots for their hometown team with a negative connotation. Why don't you just stick with football takes, which you allegedly profess to do, and leave the judgement of fans alone for awhile. A man of your educational pedigree should certainly have much more to talk about than disrespecting an individual's fanaticism.
Old 06-22-2007   #107
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry at 9 I was a little more into what everyone else seemed to like then really thinking about it.

Not that my allegiance needs or requires any explanation at all.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Old 06-22-2007   #108
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince has been held out 2 days in a row now for a sore calf.

MADDEN CURSE has begun....
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #109
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Darn! I was hoping to say that in the first game at Reliant this season...seconds after watching Mario and Amobi hitting him simultaneously at full speed, and having vince fumble the ball, which was then picked up by a rejuventated Jason Babin, who rumbled into the end zone for a score!

Old 06-22-2007   #110
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Darn! I was hoping to say that in the first game at Reliant this season...seconds after watching Mario and Amobi hitting him simultaneously at full speed, and having vince fumble the ball, which was then picked up by a rejuventated Jason Babin, who rumbled into the end zone for a score!

I like it......
Old 06-22-2007   #111
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
1) Ahman wasn't 30 when he had the surgery.
2) He didn't turn 30 till 4 months ago. More than a full year after the surgery.
3) While not great last season. He had over 1000 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving.

Yeah I would really rather have a fat RB that did nothing last season, LW or a injury prone RB that did nothing last season, CB or a RB that didn't even do anything in college, CH. Man you are right Ahman is garbage compaired to that.
Why are we still paying this guy any attention? Ahman has already come back & played like 10 games on his knee. He started out slow, but he got it together towards the end of the season.

We're not depending on him to carry our team nor are we expecting him to be here for 5 years.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #112
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not that my allegiance needs or requires any explanation at all.
Then why do you seem to require it from us?

Hey kids, can you say "double standard"?
Old 06-22-2007   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Why are we still paying this guy any attention? Ahman has already come back & played like 10 games on his knee. He started out slow, but he got it together towards the end of the season.

We're not depending on him to carry our team nor are we expecting him to be here for 5 years.
Actually, I have said this before. He played in 14 games last year, rushed for over 1,000 yards, averaging 4.5 ypc.
Old 06-22-2007   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Hey kids, can you say "double standard"?
"Hey kids, slap your face... Dah d' Do Doo"
Old 06-22-2007   #115
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And BOOM there goes the coffee.
Old 06-22-2007   #116
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Talking Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Some kids would rather slap the monkey, tho'
Old 06-22-2007   #117
Specnatz
Site Contributor

That is twice now, damn, glad I am wearing a drak shirt.
Old 06-22-2007   #118
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Old 06-22-2007   #119
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:

What was the question, who looks and sounds funny doing an interview about pacman?
Old 06-22-2007   #120
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That is twice now, damn, glad I am wearing a drak shirt.
Doh, I just googled drak
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read