Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-20-2007   #21
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would you have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
would have taken josh gattis in the 4th, cb in the 5th. gattis is a damn player. okoye and jacoby im cool with, im actually not gonna throw stones at the rest.
There was no need to take Gattis in the 4th he was still available in the 5th when the Texans drafted Harrison.
Old 06-20-2007   #22
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted the Texans to take a Center like Ryan Kalil or Samson Satele, but I knew that wouldn't happen after they made the Schaub trade. I hope Schaub is as good as they think, because they gave up an awful lot to get him in my opinion. 2 Second round picks could really help this team out. I agree with Hagar. If they were determined to replace Carr, then I would have been fine with them letting Ronsefels start. Then they could have picked up a solid player with that pick this year and the next.
Old 06-20-2007   #23
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Missed you too man. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to your game recaps
Oh no! Do we have the bandwidth with this new board???

j/k!

Guess who I was.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #24
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
Oh no! Do we have the bandwidth with this new board???

j/k!

Guess who I was.
I give up
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Missed you too man. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to your game recaps
Glad to be back. I was here for a while just reading (would you believe i was lurking without thinking I had something worth posting? lol)

I'm looking for the email from Hook'em that warns me about a word limit any day now.

Mike
Old 06-21-2007   #26
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Glad to be back. I was here for a while just reading (would you believe i was lurking without thinking I had something worth posting? lol)

I'm looking for the email from Hook'em that warns me about a word limit any day now.

Mike
lol

Glad to see you here, despite the threat to bandwidth usage!
Old 06-21-2007   #27
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I was suprised by the pick of Brandon Harrison when Josh Gattis was still available. I really thought they were going to take Gattis.
agreed. harrison better be something special because Gattis seemed a good fit. i would have drafted the Center from West Virginia Moses instead of the ILB as well....but I have heard good things about that ILB (cant figure name and am lazy at the moment)
Old 06-21-2007   #28
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
agreed. harrison better be something special because Gattis seemed a good fit. i would have drafted the Center from West Virginia Moses instead of the ILB as well....but I have heard good things about that ILB (cant figure name and am lazy at the moment)
Dan Mozes, the center you are referring to, went undrafted. He was signed by Minne as an undrafted FA

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #29
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
lol

Glad to see you here, despite the threat to bandwidth usage!
Sup Marco,

Hehe... Yeah the worst thing about the move though... I lost all of my old posts. They may have been wordy but man there were some great stats breakdowns that I'd love to be able to quote. I guess Hook'em got tired of being my personal stats repository hehe... I guess I may even need to donate... I gotta do that before they start nailing me for Sunday Ticket again lol... Man I can't wait... Preseason is almost here
Old 06-21-2007   #30
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Dan Mozes, the center you are referring to, went undrafted. He was signed by Minne as an undrafted FA
I thought Moses would've been a logical fit here. Might've even pushed Hodg for backup. Honestly down the road i wouldn't be suprised if Spencer doesn't make it back or up to potential again....Frye might be a steal in that spot.

Personally i think I would've taken Hill over Jones. PAC-10 is a pass happy conference and i would've prefered the DIV I experience. Jones is raw so i guess we'll see.

I didn't get to see Harrison play but prolly would've gone Josh Gattis, he seems like a gamer.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #31
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sup Marco,

Hehe... Yeah the worst thing about the move though... I lost all of my old posts. They may have been wordy but man there were some great stats breakdowns that I'd love to be able to quote. I guess Hook'em got tired of being my personal stats repository hehe... I guess I may even need to donate... I gotta do that before they start nailing me for Sunday Ticket again lol... Man I can't wait... Preseason is almost here
Wow, that was a lot to lose.
I checked google for cached files from the old site for you but there was nothing.
Also looking forward to this season. Gotta change my name before then too.
Old 06-21-2007   #32
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I would have taken Okoye at 10. Instead of taking Jacoby Jones in the 3rd though I probably would have drafted Jason Hill (I think that's his name), the WR from Washington State. Besides that though I can't really complain about the rest of the draft.
I agree 100% with you. This was my thinking on draft day...but I really can't complain with the Jacoby Jones pick because I don't know the guy. I mean how many people here can tell me they have seen Jacoby play more than one game? Or how many of you can tell me you have seen him play one game? Jason Hill was a good prospect and would have been a good 3rd round choice in my opinion but who is to say that Jacoby isn't a good 3rd round choice also (or even a better prospect than Hill)?

What is interesting about that selection is that after we picked Jacoby Jones, 6 out of the next 7 selections were wide receivers. I think that Jacoby would have been selected by one of these teams had we not selected him. Obviously, the Texans were partial to him so they made a good decision on when to select him. People were saying on draft day that it may have been a reach in the first half of the 3rd round but hey, 6 out of the next 7 selections were WRs. IMO it was either grab him then or don't get him. And that goes for most of the remaining decent receivers as well because the decent remaining players of the group were getting snatched up in that first half of the 3rd round. If we were going to get a decent WR after we took Okoye it was going to be at that spot...let's just hope we took the right one.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 06-21-2007 at 01:45 AM.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #33
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I agree 100% with you. This was my thinking on draft day...but I really can't complain with the Jacoby Jones pick because I don't know the guy. I mean how many people here can tell me they have seen Jacoby play more than one game? Or how many of you can tell me you have seen him play one game? Jason Hill was a good prospect and would have been a good 3rd round choice in my opinion but who is to say that Jacoby isn't a good 3rd round choice also (or even a better prospect than Hill)?

What is interesting about that selection is that after we picked Jacoby Jones, 6 out of the next 7 selections were wide receivers. I think that Jacoby would have been selected by one of these teams had we not selected him. Obviously, the Texans were partial to him so they made a good decision on when to select him. People were saying on draft day that it may have been a reach in the first half of the 3rd round but hey, 6 out of the next 7 selections were WRs. IMO it was either grab him then or don't get him. And that goes for most of the remaining decent receivers as well because the decent remaining players of the group were getting snatched up in that first half of the 3rd round. If we were going to get a decent WR after we took Okoye it was going to be at that spot...let's just hope we took the right one.
That could be true. I won't argue that... I just don't think he steps in and is a WR2 this year. Even Kubes is talking about Walters as the 2. I do think that we could have gotten a safety at that spot. Or a running back who could be the future rb of the team..

Mike
Old 06-21-2007   #34
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That could be true. I won't argue that... I just don't think he steps in and is a WR2 this year. Even Kubes is talking about Walters as the 2. I do think that we could have gotten a safety at that spot. Or a running back who could be the future rb of the team..

Mike

so you dont like that we picked a guy that could be our future at wr because we could've gotten a guy that could be our future at rb?

anyway im not going to say anything about our draft picks or what we should've done until i see them play some
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #35
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
so you dont like that we picked a guy that could be our future at wr because we could've gotten a guy that could be our future at rb?

anyway im not going to say anything about our draft picks or what we should've done until i see them play some
I have questions about our guy of the future. As I see it we already have a burner that we spent a 4th rounder on. I think that any of the 3 I mentioned in my original post could end up being the future at a 1 deep position. If we don't fix the S spot we are definitely in trouble and we had a chance to get a guy who at least physically is capable of footing the bill... I wasn't huge on the Green signing because of his age but once we signed him I thought that Michael Bush would be a great gamble because you could bring in Green, let him get the majority of the carries and bring Bush along slowly.
Old 06-22-2007   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have reviewed a lot of film, talked to the guys I was interested in, maybe see them workout, and I still wouldn't be qualified to make these decisions.

Oh wait, that's not the answer you want. You want me to opine about something I have don't have enough legit information to say something intelligent about.

Okay, I would have sprinkled magic pixie fairy dust to make the 2007 draft one deeper for wide receivers, corner backs, linebackers and offensive linemen.
Old 06-22-2007   #37
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
There was no need to take Gattis in the 4th he was still available in the 5th when the Texans drafted Harrison.
i thought he went before our 5th...too lazy to look it up. my point is, i wanted the kid.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #38
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Zach Diles

I wanted Mozes as well...Either him or Doug Datish from Ohio State...

preferably Mozes though...
Old 06-22-2007   #39
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: What would you have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I would have reviewed a lot of film, talked to the guys I was interested in, maybe see them workout, and I still wouldn't be qualified to make these decisions.

Oh wait, that's not the answer you want. You want me to opine about something I have don't have enough legit information to say something intelligent about.

Okay, I would have sprinkled magic pixie fairy dust to make the 2007 draft one deeper for wide receivers, corner backs, linebackers and offensive linemen.

Yea, or better yet, I'll answer this question in three years while I criticize the organization for not acquiring the BPA in each round of the draft!

For instance in 2002, I would've taken JPeppers #1 and then traded down in the second, acquired extra picks and drafted Clinton Portis just ahead of the Denver Broncos. Yep, that's what I would've done!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #40
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
can we revive this thread after TC? I want to see how they work out there and if they make the cut, then I'll have perfect 20/20 hindsight!

as an aside, I think we get a blue chip CB or Safety next draft and if Babin doesn't work out for us, can we please trade him for a 2nd rounder?
how about we revive it now?

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read