Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-18-2007   #61
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Only because in today's world the NFL dominates the football scene and squishes all that oppose it. Durning the time of the AFL had a pretty solid following. When the leagues MERGED. In baseball should all records be lost because the two leagues did not play each other at one point?

on your BTW that was your choice to stay loyal to your location, I am not from Houston and have no tie to the state, so I have no vested interest in the state or city. So I kept routing for the team I had grown up following.
The point remains the same... if there were an AFL or wherever and the Texans started there before it merged into the NFL... THEN I would use those records,etc. But they didnt... SO I DIDNT. We are talking about the NFL. It wasnt convenient for me...it was an even comparison... its simply convenient FOR YOU.

And yes... it was my choice. In no way shape or form was I going to let Bud double dip with his new Tenn fans and me still here in Houston after he took our team away. Just no way. I can def. see if you have zero ties to this town how you would follow them wherever. But this is my town... and the Texans are my team. Im not sure where you live... but it sounds like your town doesnt have a team.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #62
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
You said and I quote "care to name another #3 rb with a 1000 yard season."

That would mean he is the best #3 rb because he has had a 1000 yard season. Also, this is to imply that at the start of the season fatboy and career back-up in high school and college will be ahead of brown on the depth chart.
If you ignore the post I quoted and totally ignore the other posts I have made about CB yes this logic would hold.

I said CB was the best #3 back in the league and that he has a 1000 yards season (both IMO true statements). At no point did I say that either was dependant upon the other. This is where your logic has failed here. I believe the term is “false truth” but I am no pshyc. major.

Brown was the #3 back last season under L Dub. Considering the team was ready to let him walk I would throw him below White. Henry is in the same spot that White was in last season; 2nd round draft pick, RB, again it would seem obvious that he will be put in the #3 spot until he has won the other spots.

Quote:
I can read just fine, I am sorry you do not know how to make a point and leave it out there that what you said can be take multiple ways. But because you can't make a point without having it mean more than one thing you try to insult me by saying I can't read. When in reality you can't make a very solid point.
I was not trying to insult you man. I guess if you read the word “logic” as a burn it could be taken that way but I am saying more on the pshy use of the word. You implied that I had said that CB was a #3 because he had had a 1000 yard season. I was merely pointing out that is not what my statement said. Step away from the argument and re-read it not taking one side or another I think I made my point.

Quote:
Try instead of saying this is what I ment how about typing that in the first place or would that be to hard for your education level to handle?
You seem to be the only person that has these issues. It is not the first time you have totally taken what I said out of contrext but not applying the previous statement to the current post. Theses threads are a string of thoughts, points made prior should not have to be rehashed with each post to keep you in the know.

Quote:
Now for a logic test, you have a fatpig who can't even get on the field during OTA and a career back-up would they not be more in-line to be behind the 1000 yard runner?
This must be a hypothetical because he did play in OTA though injured his ankle. He was 12 lbs above his playing weight and lost 4 of those before OTA ended. So this “Fatpig” as you called him ended at +8 over his playing weight, 3 lbs above his Rose Bowl weight. Yeah he is huge. You going to tell me that you are within 8 lbs of an NFL playing weight and in that type of shape

Career backup who has never played a professional game in his life? Oh oh I’ve got one the waterproof sponge.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #63
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

So an honest question for you Blaze.... do you think you guys will be better or worse off at the RB, WR, and CB position with out the likes of Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, and Adam Jones?
Old 06-18-2007   #64
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
but it sounds like your town doesnt have a team.
I am not dogging your choice I am just explainging mine.

I live in the SF Bay Area so I actually have two teams to chose from. The Raiders and the 49ers. I chose the Oilers, though I do like the 49ers.
Old 06-18-2007   #65
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
So an honest question for you Blaze.... do you think you guys will be better or worse off at the RB, WR, and CB position with out the likes of Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, and Adam Jones?
No question on Pacman. That will hurt us. I think we have made effort as a stop gap. Well let me say this. I think our #2 CB has improved while our #1 CB has dramatically lowered.

WR I think we are in about the same boat. Not many Titans fans will back Bennett. He had his time here is it was time to move on. He drops way to many critical balls. 2 seasons go I can specifically remember 1 ball that went right through his hand in the end zone. It just seemed as a perfect example to me of his play for the last few season. Or the ball game two where Collins over threw the ball but instead of extending a bit and breaking up the play just stopped in route and let the ball fly right into the defenders hands. Sorry you make the money Bennett was making or is making you better make an effort.

RB you really need to stop looking at last season as the bench for Henry. Henry did well when we changed our O-line blocking scheme and Young started. I think we are moving more to a system at RB then needing a stud in the position.

I feel we have upgrade our S, #2CB, and MLB. We are in discussion to get a DE. I think we are in about the same spot but I like the changes we have made. That is really without even one of our draft picks panning out.
Old 06-18-2007   #66
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
I am not dogging your choice I am just explainging mine.

I live in the SF Bay Area so I actually have two teams to chose from. The Raiders and the 49ers. I chose the Oilers, though I do like the 49ers.
Fair enough.... although there is nothing like tailgating on Sunday before the local game and the excitement walking into that stadium before kickoff. The best days of the year. You make the trip to Tenn alot?
Old 06-18-2007   #67
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Fair enough.... although there is nothing like tailgating on Sunday before the local game and the excitement walking into that stadium before kickoff. The best days of the year. You make the trip to Tenn alot?
Funny you bring up tailgating because I use to goto the Raider games and do that. It is fun if you are a raiders fan, if not you are ashamed they are in the same league.

Never been to Tenn either, but DTV is a nice way to view the games.
Old 06-18-2007   #68
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
No question on Pacman. That will hurt us. I think we have made effort as a stop gap. Well let me say this. I think our #2 CB has improved while our #1 CB has dramatically lowered.

WR I think we are in about the same boat. Not many Titans fans will back Bennett. He had his time here is it was time to move on. He drops way to many critical balls. 2 seasons go I can specifically remember 1 ball that went right through his hand in the end zone. It just seemed as a perfect example to me of his play for the last few season. Or the ball game two where Collins over threw the ball but instead of extending a bit and breaking up the play just stopped in route and let the ball fly right into the defenders hands. Sorry you make the money Bennett was making or is making you better make an effort.

RB you really need to stop looking at last season as the bench for Henry. Henry did well when we changed our O-line blocking scheme and Young started. I think we are moving more to a system at RB then needing a stud in the position.

I feel we have upgrade our S, #2CB, and MLB. We are in discussion to get a DE. I think we are in about the same spot but I like the changes we have made. That is really without even one of our draft picks panning out.
I would have to agree on the CB assessment... and his return skills will be sorely missed imo. You might be right regarding Henry... but Im also thinking that Henry returned to old form (as in those 2 great Buffalo seasons) and simply was very good for you guys last year. Its definitely a possibility as well. As far as WR, I dont think you guys have anyone over 4 years of experience. Thats a good thing for the future... but losing Bennett might hurt a bit in the leadership factor,etc. But overall... Vince didnt exactly light the league up in the passing department. Your WR and RB are questions that will be answered... but they are questions no doubt. Much like our QB situation.
Old 06-18-2007   #69
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll there's some good news for the Titans fans. Chris Brown will stay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #70
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You think with Pacman's recent incident again... i mean i know it's nebulous and there are some other pending judgements going on. Think Management will keep him around much longer even after the suspension. Cause ATM it looks like that 1 year suspendsion will hold barring a miracle turn of events.

Is Nick Harper and Griffin (who's converting from safety) going to hold all season at the CB spots? Is David Givens going to be healthy this year far as WR goes? Think it'll be RBBC this year too ...at least that's how it looks here.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #71
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
two words: Titans Suck
three words: One Yard Short
four words: Bud Adams Is Fat

five words: What the hell is this?
Old 06-19-2007   #72
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post

History ... you know like that famous historic event in Tennessee .

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopo.../45792/cat/749

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 06-19-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #73
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post

that is an avatar pic of Vince totally owning Mario that I put together after VY's homecoming game in Reliant. It's a motivation reminder of the lows of '06.

i am humbled that you liked it enough to photobucket
Old 06-19-2007   #74
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fear not, LenDale is in Tennessee, and he's in the best shape of his life.

mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #75
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Fear not, LenDale is in Tennessee, and he's in the best shape of his life.
LMAO!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #76
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Scared?

No Chrissy Brown is scared. FYI, BA, Simmons is now #22 since Ahman Green is #30.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2875386

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 06-20-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This isnt the same Chris Brown with the glass jaw - is it? Didn't we knock him out once already?
I guess it is....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That was the exact play I was thinking of....
Thanks for answering my question Wario
Old 06-20-2007   #78
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

I'll take our 3 back gobbling up 5+ yards on plays. You guys look at CB like he is going to start. The guy will be lucky to get 25 carries this season.
Old 06-20-2007   #79
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take our 3 back gobbling up 5+ yards on plays. You guys look at CB like he is going to start. The guy will be lucky to get 25 carries this season.
Is this a new sandwich in Tenn.
Old 06-20-2007   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Is this a new sandwich in Tenn.
YUP.... LenDale has given his seal of approval....

Someone mention gobbling??... I'm in.

Signed,
LenDale White.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read