Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-18-2007   #41
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Scared?
Come on Blaze. You know half of your own teams fan base didn't want him back. He might be a slight upgrade over LW and CH, but he won't play more than a few games before he is in the trainers room crying.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #42
real

Quote:
Scared?
Of course...

I mean, the guy is an elite back that strikes fear into opponents hearts...

Last edited by real; 06-18-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2007   #43
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
I like Daniels,he was a nice budget pick up for my fantasy team last year.

My point Bill was as you yourself pointed out,outside of Green,Daniels & Johnson who do you have?

The Texans have questions about the guys surrounding Schaub.
What does it matter ?

Daniels, AJ, and Green are more than you all are workin with...
Old 06-18-2007   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Scared?
This isnt the same Chris Brown with the glass jaw - is it? Didn't we knock him out once already?
Old 06-18-2007   #45
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Come on Blaze. You know half of your own teams fan base didn't want him back. He might be a slight upgrade over LW and CH, but he won't play more than a few games before he is in the trainers room crying.
CB as a start scares me; CB as a backup should scare you. Na that was even hard to say but I think he is good depth and came in pretty well when we asked him to last season. Lets put it this way. He is probably the best 3 RB in the league.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #46
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This isnt the same Chris Brown with the glass jaw - is it? Didn't we knock him out once already?
He has glass feet and ankles. His jaw seems to be pretty sound.
Old 06-18-2007   #47
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CB as a start scares me; CB as a backup should scare you. Na that was even hard to say but I think he is good depth and came in pretty well when we asked him to last season. Lets put it this way. He is probably the best 3 RB in the league.
You should seriously think about checking into the betty ford clinic.

Old 06-18-2007   #48
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
He'll probably blend in real well with Mars when we're done with him.

That doesn't surprise me, considering that Bud came from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #49
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has glass feet and ankles. His jaw seems to be pretty sound.
What about his shoulder?
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #50
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What about his shoulder?
He has had turf toe two seasona and I know he had an ankle injury. His shoulder would not suprise me either. I think that might have been his college injury though.
Old 06-18-2007   #51
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
You should seriously think about checking into the betty ford clinic.

Care to suggest another #3Rb that has a 1000 yard season under there belt? I stand by my statement.
Old 06-18-2007   #52
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Care to suggest another #3Rb that has a 1000 yard season under there belt? I stand by my statement.
We know of one that hasn't signed with another team after being cut...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #53
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
We know of one that hasn't signed with another team after being cut...
That will be a #3 if signed and ride the pine?
Old 06-18-2007   #54
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So having a 1000 yard season is yor criteria of having a number 3 back, then you dont have a #1 and a #2 back, because they have yet to even rush for 250 yards.
Old 06-18-2007   #55
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
So having a 1000 yard season is yor criteria of having a number 3 back, then you dont have a #1 and a #2 back, because they have yet to even rush for 250 yards.
Wow, again you total missed the point of my post.

This is a logic test, try to follow here
1. Chis Brown Signed with the Titans
2. There are two RB ahead of Brown on the roster same as last season
3. Chris Brown has a 1000 yard season

does logic follow that because I say Chris Brown is a #3 back that all #3 backs have to have a 1K season?

Or is it more likely that when I said we have the best #3 back in the NFL and use the 1K season as an example that that is exacly what I meant?
Old 06-18-2007   #56
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do not see how my team moving from one venue to another is me being handed something.
ah ha... a follower. Then either way, its supposed to be easy to start a franchise from scratch?? And what did the Oilers accomplish after the NFLmerger?? I know they sank to the bottom of the AFC Central.... and didnt actually win a division title until what 1991???

Bottom line... the Texans were blessed for the move and now have a much much better stadium than the Titans and top of the line facilities... and soon will be the talk of the NFL when they start thier rise to the top.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #57
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
ah ha... a follower. Then either way, its supposed to be easy to start a franchise from scratch?? And what did the Oilers accomplish after the NFLmerger?? I know they sank to the bottom of the AFC Central.... and didnt actually win a division title until what 1991???

Bottom line... the Texans were blessed for the move and now have a much much better stadium than the Titans and top of the line facilities... and soon will be the talk of the NFL when they start thier rise to the top.
Not a follower a continued fan. I believe the other side of the coin is turncoat. You chose which side you land on? So when the Texans because a franchise it was starting over but instead of going to the AFL days and the championships in that league you instead decide to start at the point they went into the NFL. Seem pretty convenient, especially if your argument was poor in the first place.
Old 06-18-2007   #58
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not a follower a continued fan. I believe the other side of the coin is turncoat. You chose which side you land on? So when the Texans because a franchise it was starting over but instead of going to the AFL days and the championships in that league you instead decide to start at the point they went into the NFL. Seem pretty convenient, especially if your argument was poor in the first place.
No... its called an even comparison. Since the Texans are IN THE NFL. The AFL had what... 8 teams???

And btw... I am a HOUSTONIAN...born and raised. Why the hell would I want to root for a team that resides in Tennessee??
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #59
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Wow, again you total missed the point of my post.

This is a logic test, try to follow here
1. Chis Brown Signed with the Titans
2. There are two RB ahead of Brown on the roster same as last season
3. Chris Brown has a 1000 yard season

does logic follow that because I say Chris Brown is a #3 back that all #3 backs have to have a 1K season?

Or is it more likely that when I said we have the best #3 back in the NFL and use the 1K season as an example that that is exacly what I meant?
You said and I quote "care to name another #3 rb with a 1000 yard season."

That would mean he is the best #3 rb because he has had a 1000 yard season. Also, this is to imply that at the start of the season fatboy and career back-up in high school and college will be ahead of brown on the depth chart.

I can read just fine, I am sorry you do not know how to make a point and leave it out there that what you said can be take multiple ways. But because you can't make a point without having it mean more than one thing you try to insult me by saying I can't read. When in reality you can't make a very solid point.

Try instead of saying this is what I ment how about typing that in the first place or would that be to hard for your education level to handle?

Now for a logic test, you have a fatpig who can't even get on the field during OTA and a career back-up would they not be more in-line to be behind the 1000 yard runner?
Old 06-18-2007   #60
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
No... its called an even comparison. Since the Texans are IN THE NFL. The AFL had what... 8 teams???

And btw... I am a HOUSTONIAN...born and raised. Why the hell would I want to root for a team that resides in Tennessee??
Only because in today's world the NFL dominates the football scene and squishes all that oppose it. Durning the time of the AFL had a pretty solid following. When the leagues MERGED. In baseball should all records be lost because the two leagues did not play each other at one point?

on your BTW that was your choice to stay loyal to your location, I am not from Houston and have no tie to the state, so I have no vested interest in the state or city. So I kept routing for the team I had grown up following.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read