Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-30-2007   #41
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Lendale a no show

The WR seem like a problem but we have young guys who can step up. None are proven but they also get there shot with Young at the helm. Gage has speed, if one of our WR hits even as a decent guy we are not to bad. Givins mid season as our #1, Jones #2, the rest can feed for the bottom few spots.

Chow uses his TE's allot. Dink and dunk down the field with a decent gain on the ground. Typical Fisher ball. It is more of a system but if there are stars it excels.

RB in LW is a concern but the o-line made Herny look good last season. He had huge holes even LW could fit through. Our new Henry has speed and is a good complement to LWs running style. If LW can not pound out yards or Henry can no find separation from the line we will struggle on O not matter who we have at WR.

I think we will improve dramatically on D. Yes we lost Pac and I am going out on a limb but Fat Albert is in a contract year and the coaches are talking him up in camp. I think he will push for his contract this season get us the AH we always wanted before looking for a ton of $$ else were. KVB will see less pressure along with the rest of the line which should give more opps.

Harper at #2 was a good add. He has experience that can help the young guys. He has practiced against Wayne and Harrison for his whole career. People are talking like he is a joke but he has played this division before.

Fowler took a penalty taking anchor out of our D in Sirmon. Just him not being on the field is an improvement. Hope with another season under him and Griffen at either S or CB. Would be nice to have a better DC but you make steps to the playoffs not leaps if you want to be consistent.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
The WR seem like a problem but we have young guys who can step up. None are proven but they also get there shot with Young at the helm. Gage has speed, if one of our WR hits even as a decent guy we are not to bad. Givins mid season as our #1, Jones #2, the rest can feed for the bottom few spots.

Chow uses his TE's allot. Dink and dunk down the field with a decent gain on the ground. Typical Fisher ball. It is more of a system but if there are stars it excels.

RB in LW is a concern but the o-line made Herny look good last season. He had huge holes even LW could fit through. Our new Henry has speed and is a good complement to LWs running style. If LW can not pound out yards or Henry can no find separation from the line we will struggle on O not matter who we have at WR.

I think we will improve dramatically on D. Yes we lost Pac and I am going out on a limb but Fat Albert is in a contract year and the coaches are talking him up in camp. I think he will push for his contract this season get us the AH we always wanted before looking for a ton of $$ else were. KVB will see less pressure along with the rest of the line which should give more opps.

Harper at #2 was a good add. He has experience that can help the young guys. He has practiced against Wayne and Harrison for his whole career. People are talking like he is a joke but he has played this division before.

Fowler took a penalty taking anchor out of our D in Sirmon. Just him not being on the field is an improvement. Hope with another season under him and Griffen at either S or CB. Would be nice to have a better DC but you make steps to the playoffs not leaps if you want to be consistent.

Heck Brady found that guy a lot while he was there but vy could not find him, that says all you need to know about your wr corps.

It is not them.
Old 05-30-2007   #43
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Young could not find a guy riding the pine .... ?

THe guy played in 5 games ...

Hey guess what the sky is blue ...
Old 06-09-2007   #44
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
"Everybody else managed to make it back," (an obviously pissed) Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "He didn't, so I don't know, I guess he had things that are more important to him than what we're doing. I would assume he would be back at some point today."
EDIT:

Quote:
"Everybody else managed to make it back," (an obviously pissed) Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "He didn't, so I don't know, I guess he had things that are more important to him than what we're doing. Last time I saw him he was at Shoneys, in line for the All You Can Eat Buffet."
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So I'll put you two down for the guy who has nothing to say so resorts to "hill billy", comments and his less amusing monkey. Personally the stick gets old after a while but get it out of your system.

While "y'all" are talking about hill-billies could you please explain this lady???

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/4846075.html

I mean if we are going to generalize about a state what does this winner do for "y'all"?
Explanation:
Hudson Oaks is between Dallas and Fort Worth... Many of us here, don't claim that area as a part of our state...
Old 06-11-2007   #46
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think BA either needs a geography lesson or an internet tutorial.
Old 06-11-2007   #47
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Explanation:
Hudson Oaks is between Dallas and Fort Worth... Many of us here, don't claim that area as a part of our state...
I forget are the Texans located in Texans? The smack would have worked for either Texan or Cowboy fans. Yet another similarity
Old 06-11-2007   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forget are the Texans located in Texans? The smack would have worked for either Texan or Cowboy fans. Yet another similarity
About as much in common as SoCal v. NoCal....
Old 06-11-2007   #49
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas is Southern Oklahoma

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #50
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans are fictional creatures.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #51
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Titans are fictional creatures.
Like Texans winning seasons.
Old 06-11-2007   #52
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like Texans winning seasons.
and vy's double digit Wonderlic score.
Old 06-11-2007   #53
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

I thought VY retested and scored double-digits on his Wonderlic?
Old 06-11-2007   #54
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobilarity View Post
I thought VY retested and scored double-digits on his Wonderlic?
HIs first test was graded with the wrong answer key. Later he was retested and got a 16. Leftwich has a 14 in comparison.
Old 06-11-2007   #55
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
HIs first test was graded with the wrong answer key. Later he was retested and got a 16. Leftwich has a 14 in comparison.
Ah, that's what I thought.
Old 06-11-2007   #56
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you bragging about a 16?

Now that is rich.
Old 06-11-2007   #57
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Are you bragging about a 16?

Now that is rich.
I wouldn't be gloating over that 16 too much, unless we want to be reminded of 2-0.
Old 06-11-2007   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was never reported as an official explanation. Frankly I don't care because he is fine in that department regardless of the score, but that is making stuff up unless you have a cite.
Old 06-12-2007   #59
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That was never reported as an official explanation. Frankly I don't care because he is fine in that department regardless of the score, but that is making stuff up unless you have a cite.
Is USA Today a good enough source?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...onderlic_x.htm

Quote:
The NFL did its best to silence talk about Young's test. Combine officials said the score of 6 was inaccurate. Titans GM Floyd Reese said he'd heard the first test had been administered or graded incorrectly. Texans GM Charley Casserly also disputed Young's score Sunday, saying it was inaccurate.

Young took the test again on Sunday and made a 16.
Old 06-12-2007   #60
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Dallas is Southern Oklahoma
Like my momma always told me, if it's north of Conroe, it's at least part-Yankee.

<looking around>

Unfortunately.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read