Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2007   #1
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan
Default Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel

The Texans will be featured on "Inside Mini-camp" on Jun 12th at 8pm EST on the NFL Network.
Old 06-09-2007   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardTexanFan View Post
The Texans will be featured on "Inside Mini-camp" on Jun 12th at 8pm EST on the NFL Network.
Thanks for the heads up, it's been a busy couple of days for me!

Thanks again.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

what is this nfl network you speak of?

signed,
time warner cable customer
Old 06-09-2007   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
what is this nfl network you speak of?

signed,
time warner cable customer
It is a beautiful thing.

signed,

Dish Network Customer
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the heads up Wayward on the mini camp show. I've been wondering when our turn was coming.

maybe there will be some good video of our draft picks and the 7 on 7 drills watching Schaub should be good to watch as well.
Old 06-10-2007   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
It is a beautiful thing.

signed,

Dish Network Customer
Indeed it is!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

The team looks great in HD.

Signed,
DirecTV customer
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2007   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Signed,
DirecTV customer
Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

Yes it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Signed,
DirecTV customer
Speaking of which, now that I have HD.... How many Texans games were in HD last year? ANy word on this year?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Speaking of which, now that I have HD.... How many Texans games were in HD last year? ANy word on this year?
Week by week decision.

The maps I post on Thursday's from gribblenation show which networks are picking the games for HD.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Via broadcast, I remember at least two.
Old 06-11-2007   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a HD tv myself but I can barely tell the difference when it comes to a football game. Seriously, I don't get the hype among it. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly or whatsoever. Yes, the screen is slightly better but I'm just fine with watching my game via the coaxil cable from the cable provoider. I mean, it's football. I'm a HUGE fan don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to say that I probably never noticed it being in HD and when it wasn't last season. Those two games that someone above mentioned, I probably never noticed that they were in high definition. I was probably too busy screaming at David Carr or at our secondary to even notice. Am I missing something here? It's a genuine question.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I have a HD tv myself but I can barely tell the difference when it comes to a football game. Seriously, I don't get the hype among it. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly or whatsoever. Yes, the screen is slightly better but I'm just fine with watching my game via the coaxil cable from the cable provoider. I mean, it's football. I'm a HUGE fan don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to say that I probably never noticed it being in HD and when it wasn't last season. Those two games that someone above mentioned, I probably never noticed that they were in high definition. I was probably too busy screaming at David Carr or at our secondary to even notice. Am I missing something here? It's a genuine question.
Are you getting the HD programming? That would be my first question, then if you are I would also say you need to check how you have it all setup, it definitely has a difference, and analog just doesnt look right on an HDTV anyway, reall grainy if ya know what I mean!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #14
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Texans Inside MiniCamp on the NFL Channel is on now. Looking for opinions after the segment airs.
Old 06-12-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not familiar with NFL-Network analyst Jamie Dukes, but I was very impressed with him.
(A) He didn't bad-mouth the Texans, but did question if they had enough to be there - a playoff candidate I took that to mean. Certainly a fair question.
(B) complimented Rick Smith for the Schaub deal and pointed out the Texans only have 'bout 8-9 mil guaranteed money in Schaub. So if he doesn't work out, its not a huge investment. Good point IMO. But he thinks the Schaub pickup was a good move as it was time for Carr to move on.
(C) Seemed to think that Akoye was an excellent prospect
(D) Was not at all impressed with Marios rookie year and clearly thinks he was a mistake as when asked who he reminds him of he said Courtney Brown. Ouch ! Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE. Says he's got to hit double digit sacks this year.
(E) Because of the invetments in the DLine, he said they have to step up and be productive this year.
I enjoyed seeing the team for the first time in '07 - got me pretty excited for the upcoming season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #16
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
(D) Was not at all impressed with Marios rookie year and clearly thinks he was a mistake as when asked who he reminds him of he said Courtney Brown. Ouch ! Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE. Says he's got to hit double digit sacks this year
His assessment of Mario's lack of quickness is contributed to the fact of his plantar fiscitis IMO. I liked what he did say about the Texans but I think he forgot that Mario played with that injury most of the season. He should be fine this year, and then he will see how quick he really is.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #17
real

I'm familar with Jamie Dukes, and he's a joke...
Old 06-13-2007   #18
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamie Dukes is a troll.

Anyone notice how Rick Smith made a point to mention that he got here after the draft last year, when talking about Mario?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE.
This is a correct assessment - the Mario to Peppers comparisons are totally off base (have been since last year) as they are quite different players.

Even a totally healthy Mario isn't anywhere as quick and explosive as Peppers. Mario is thicker in the trunk and is more of a power DE. He has good pursuit speed to the play but does not have anywhere near the cat quick explosiveness of Peppers. Few DEs do.

I heard some fairly interesting info yesterday about how Coach Karm was the one who lobbied extremely hard for Mario just before last year's drarft. all in the context of "I've been coaching in this league for 30 years and you're going to miss out on the next Bruce Smith if you don't pick him." Hadn't heard that before and I always wondered where the Mario energy came from internally. I knew it didn't come from Kubiak, Calhoun or Sherman. I suspected Richard Smith.

I'm not expecting Mario to be a 'great' player and I doubt he will ever live up to high first round, much less #1 overall expectations. He's a good DE who at times has shown he can be distruptive but he's streaky and can disappear for long stretches -- foot considered. If he can't dominate this year (or if reports of nagging injuries linger), then we'll know...

I hope he has a good year.

Last edited by aj.; 06-13-2007 at 07:13 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
This is a correct assessment - the Mario to Peppers comparisons are totally off base (have been since last year) as they are quite different players.

Even a totally healthy Mario isn't anywhere as quick and explosive as Peppers. Mario is thicker in the trunk and is more of a power DE. He has good pursuit speed to the play but does not have anywhere near the cat quick explosiveness of Peppers. Few DEs do.

I heard some fairly interesting info yesterday about how Coach Karm was the one who lobbied extremely hard for Mario just before last year's drarft. all in the context of "I've been coaching in this league for 30 years and you're going to miss out on the next Bruce Smith if you don't pick him." Hadn't heard that before and I always wondered where the Mario energy came from internally. I knew it didn't come from Kubiak, Calhoun or Sherman. I suspected Richard Smith.

I'm not expecting Mario to be a 'great' player and I doubt he will ever live up to high first round, much less #1 overall expectations. He's a good DE who at times has shown he can be distruptive but he's streaky and can disappear for long stretches -- foot considered. If he can't dominate this year (or if reports of nagging injuries linger), then we'll know...

I hope he has a good year.
Good stuff AJ.
It clearly sounds like you think the Mario pick was a big mistake ? I know you're not saying he's a bust (atleast at this point), but it sounds like you feel that he is worth nothing like the #1 overal in last years Draft ?
I didn't see the quickness last year that we'd expect for a superior pass rusher and if it doesn't somehow appear this year in a healthy Mario, I dunno how they can leave him on the weakside edge, especially in passing situations ? We know that Weaver from the stong-side can't generate real pressure.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read