Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-08-2007   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 6th season new topic

Uh what else can we talk about this off season? Name ONE (give others a chance) Texan player either on the team or that has moved on that you would say,

1. Hey, thanks for being a Texan!
2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return. (oh, oh wonder who gets most votes here?)
3. Hey, thanks for showing your face and sorry you just did not cut it, Bye,bye.
4. Hey, your momma should be ashamed of you!

And not one for each category. We only have had 500 players or so through our turnstiles.
Old 06-08-2007   #2
Ckw

Default Re: 6th season new topic

Hhhmmmmm...... Who could I think of that would fit this description? Maybe.... David Carr?
Old 06-08-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ, after re-signing with the team.
Old 06-08-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Domanick (Davis) Williams.

I can actually think of quite a few players I'd like to thank for their time here.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

1. Aaron Glenn
2. David Carr
3. Eric Moulds
4. See 2
Old 06-08-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 299313 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

For this offseason?

1. Seth Payne - this guy was a very good player for a while, then the knee injury in NO stopped him cold. He came back from the injury, but was never the same player. Regardless, he played hard, kept quiet, and represented the team well.

2. In anticipation of pending offseason moves, I'll jump the gun and say Travis Johnson. Other options for this award are too obvious and should be banned from the thread.

3. For injury reasons, Domanick Davis/Williams. He played well when he could, gave it his all, but in the end, just didn't have quite enough. I bear no grudges to DD, though. Another candidate would be Moulds. I have no ill will toward Moulds, he just didn't cut it is all.

4. Kris Brown - continued his multi-year streak of being the worst kicker in the AFC. His numbers over the past three seasons are absolutely terrible. But hey, he still has a job, so I guess he's doing something right!
Old 06-08-2007   #7
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Uh what else can we talk about this off season? Name ONE (give others a chance) Texan player either on the team or that has moved on that you would say,

1. Hey, thanks for being a Texan! J. J. Moses
2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return. (oh, oh wonder who gets most votes here?) David Carr tied with Tony Boselli
3. Hey, thanks for showing your face and sorry you just did not cut it, Bye,bye. Eric Moulds
4. Hey, your momma should be ashamed of you! Jermaine Lewis

And not one for each category. We only have had 500 players or so through our turnstiles.
Sorry, I just had to give one for each category. My choices are bolded. Like "The Pencil Neck" said, there are quite a few that I would like to thank for being here.
Old 06-08-2007   #8
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

2) Bennie Jopawho

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return.
*COUGH!*TonyBoselli*COUGH!*
Old 06-08-2007   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Now isn't this fun? What about Chester Pitts? I really like this guy as an individual and a player. Shows up. Does his job and never gets tasered. Just a gentle but playful jab at you know who.
Old 06-08-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
3. Hey, thanks for showing your face and sorry you just did not cut it, Bye,bye.
Benny Joppru, we hardly knew ye
Old 06-08-2007   #12
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Answered each with one player who is still ON the team and one player who is OFF the team:

1. ON (AJ) OFF (Moran Norris)
2. ON (TJ) OFF (Todd Wade)
3. OFF (Davis/Williams)
4. ON (Kris Brown) OFF (Matt Stevens)
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
"Travis Johnson, put that case of Twinkies down now!"

"Okay, momma"
Old 06-08-2007   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
"Travis Johnson, put that case of Twinkies down now!"

"Okay, momma"
I smooth fell out of my chair! lol
Old 06-08-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return. (oh, oh wonder who gets most votes here?)

1. Aaron Glenn
2. David Carr
3. Dominique Davis
4. Charlie Casserley or if it HAS to be a player, I will go with the worst starter in the history of the Texans, Matt Stephens.

i must have misread the question first time around..i thought it was for only former Texans...here is my list for the current question

1. Andre Johnson
2. David Carr
3. Dominique Davis
4. Travis Johnson

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 06-08-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #16
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

1. Sharper, DDW, Posey, Wong, A. Glenn, AJ
2. Casserly, Capers, Stevens, HWWNBN
3. K. Brown, Henson (for turning a 6th into a 3rd)
4. T. Johnson, Babin, P-Burnt

Last edited by OzzO; 06-08-2007 at 10:12 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now isn't this fun? What about Chester Pitts? I really like this guy as an individual and a player. Shows up. Does his job and never gets tasered. Just a gentle but playful jab at you know who.
#69 is my 'thank you' man
Old 06-09-2007   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm

1) Andre Johnson for hanging around when he could have been looking for greener pastures. Sage Rosenfels. Dude has been a consumate pro through everything over the past year.
2) Gotta be Boselli. Carr is a close second, but he at least made the franchise some money based off of potential and jersey sales (I've got two nice ones if anyone is interested).
3) Man, how long is this list? Adding to those already mentioned add Stacey Mack and James Allen. Oh, and Tony Hollings. Man, have we had some mediocre RB's (DD/DW notwithstanding).
4) Travis Johnson. 1st rd. pick, no fire at all and I think the twinkie post says a lot.
Old 06-10-2007   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111674 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. Seth Payne - played hard, did his job, didn't complain
2. Charlie Casserly - unless it has to be a player... then it has to be Bosseli
3. Sam Cowart
4. Tony Bosseli unless it can be a non player - then Charley Casserly

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read