Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-09-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

I was do as I am want to do. Trolling the Titans boards and came across a thread where a poster asked about the name Titans. He must have been a new guy and my standard answer is that according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus. Which is true, but irratates some to have it put that way. Well like a good Troll I wanted a link to a site that actually says it. So off I go to do a little searching and find a link easily. The way the site put it made me chuckle and got me thinking about the whole thing. This is what I posted.

Quote:
Actually the Titans are the inbread children of Uranus and his sister Gaia. Shortly after their birth their daddy was neutered.

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...p?deity=TITANS

Quote:
TITANS: The twelve giant offspring of GAIA and URANUS.

They come in brother-sister pairs: CRONUS and RHEA, OCEANUS and TETHYS, HYPERION and THEA, IAPETUS and THEMIS, CRIUS and MNEMOSYNE, and COEUS and PHOEBE. (The six sisters are also called the TITANIDES, by the way.)

They were so big and painful in labour that poor GAIA couldn't bear to bear any more. So she got CRONUS to help with some radical birth control and newly neutered URANUS was overthrown.

After the deed was done, CRONUS and RHEA ruled over the Gods and the world entered a Golden Age of peace and prosperity. Of course this didn't last as the Gods warred against them and a disgruntled ZEUS banished them all to Tartarus Prison.

I know that sounds like smack, but it is also the truth behind the Titans OF GREEK MYTHOLOGY
Now what I started thinking was that Bud had to be Uranus (fits doesn't it). Bresden, the mayor of Nashville at the time of the move could then be Uranus' sister Gaia. Then I put Titan fans and players in place of the Titans, the gods. So they would be the inbred children of Bud and Bresden. That would mean that it would logical that Zeus could be Roger Goodell, the chief of the NFL and if you follow it that far it makes since that he banished Pacman, one of the Titans.

It has been a long week, but it made me chuckle anyway. My sympathy to all Titan fans.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #2
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
It has been a long week, but it made me chuckle anyway. My sympathy to all Titan fans.
I don't need your sympathy. I'm PROUD to be a Titans fan just like you're proud to be a Texans fan. I haven't been on this board in a long time but it seems like you're still obsessed with the Titans. That is a shame too.....To spend all your time dedicated to a NFL football team and that takes away from your time talking and being exited about your favorite team. I really hope in time that you will seek professional help. Seriously.
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
I don't need your sympathy. I'm PROUD to be a Titans fan just like you're proud to be a Texans fan. I haven't been on this board in a long time but it seems like you're still obsessed with the Titans. That is a shame too.....To spend all your time dedicated to a NFL football team and that takes away from your time talking and being exited about your favorite team. I really hope in time that you will seek professional help. Seriously.
I think you need mental help just for being a titans fan. But then again you are probably only a vy fan and cling to the titans without knowing there history.
Old 06-09-2007   #4
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I think you need mental help just for being a titans fan. But then again you are probably only a vy fan and cling to the titans without knowing there history.
Nope. Thank God you're not a pychic.... you wouldn't make any money.
I've been a fan since 2000. Next.....
Old 06-09-2007   #5
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seeing as you are are either a child, too young to know what happened here in the mid 90s or a bandwagon fan that jumped on way back in 2000 you could never understand my point of view on the Titans because to understand my point of view you would have to realize that Bud Adams is the sorriest excuse for an owner that sold his soul and traitered out a team I was once a fan of. That's ok though your team is garbage.

By the way. Thanks for the negative rep points.

Last edited by Overalls; 06-09-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: felt like it
Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #6
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Seeing as you are are either a child, too young to know what happened here in the mid 90s or a bandwagon fan that jumped on way back in 2000 you could never understand my point of view on the Titans because to understand my point of view you would have to realize that Bud Adams is the sorriest excuse for an owner that sold his soul and traitered out a team I was once a fan of. That's ok though your team is garbage.

By the way. Thanks for the negative rep points.
I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team. That was a long time ago. I was in my early 20's at the time. I don't cry over the stuff that happened that long ago. Heck, I don't remember half the stuff that happened that long ago. Let it go.
Old 06-10-2007   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I too peruse their forums a few times a week, and I get a kick out of the fact how sensitive they are about being such a small market/minor professional sports city.

As I type this I'm listening to the jukebox play "I hate the titans", but I truly hope we beat the ever loving **** out of Buds Boys this year and make vince eat his "guarantee" of them being in the playoffs this year.
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Titans are the inbread children of Uranus
i think i've found a new sig. wtf do i do now? everything's relative in possum holler jokes? uranus jokes? this is a goldmine.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 06-10-2007 at 08:18 PM.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, whatever, i'm cabbageferguson now.
Old 06-11-2007   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

exhausted. took a girl to the observatory last night. saw the rings of saturn with my own eyes. was an eventful night.
Old 06-11-2007   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Man lighten up. He just found the similarities humorous. My bad that you don't understand what it's like to lose a hometown team, and it just now be right at around ten years since they bolted. We here have embraced our new team, but it is still a sore subject and will probably continue to be as long as Bud is running the team.
Old 06-11-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was do as I am want to do. Trolling the Titans boards and came across a thread where a poster asked about the name Titans. He must have been a new guy and my standard answer is that according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus. Which is true, but irratates some to have it put that way. Well like a good Troll I wanted a link to a site that actually says it. So off I go to do a little searching and find a link easily. The way the site put it made me chuckle and got me thinking about the whole thing. This is what I posted.

Now what I started thinking was that Bud had to be Uranus (fits doesn't it). Bresden, the mayor of Nashville at the time of the move could then be Uranus' sister Gaia. Then I put Titan fans and players in place of the Titans, the gods. So they would be the inbred children of Bud and Bresden. That would mean that it would logical that Zeus could be Roger Goodell, the chief of the NFL and if you follow it that far it makes since that he banished Pacman, one of the Titans.

AWESOME!! Good job Overalls.
Old 06-11-2007   #13
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
AWESOME!! Good job Overalls.
You would....
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You would....
Of course!!!... You know that's hillarious!!
Old 06-11-2007   #15
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

haha. That's funny Overalls.

Quote:
Titans are the inbread children of Uranus

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus.
That's no myth!

Quote:
I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team.
Alright, I'll catch you up on history: You got our sloppy seconds. Bud Adams is a big, fat jerk. Your franchise has the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Smurf blue is fugly.
Old 06-11-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Alright, I'll catch you up on history: You got our sloppy seconds. Bud Adams is a big, fat jerk. Your franchise has the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Smurf blue is fugly.
Nicely put.

Old 06-11-2007   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's no myth!

May I recommend a light Syrah with that bitterness?
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
May I recommend a light Syrah with that bitterness?
Thanks, but I don't drink.

Bitter? Nah. I'm just stating fact. None of the points I mentioned can really be disputed (well, smurf blue being fugly could be subjective, I suppose).

I'm actually glad that we no longer have to deal with Bud Adams and his "finer qualities". Dude was a cancer on the Houston sports scene for years. There is a reason why former Oilers feel more love for Houston than the former franchise.

See, BA, you are probably the exception to the rule for Titans fans. I'd venture that most take the attitude of UTVinceYoung:

"I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team."

So the history of the team, much less the great players, are lost on Titans fans. Franchise records are just numbers in a book without pictures. The greatness of Earl and Bum and Elvin and Warren, etc., are for old Oiler fans, not Titans fans. Seriously, when Bruce Mathews tried to say that the so-called "Music City Miracle" made up for 35-3, I saw the look on Titans fans' faces. It was the look of "huh?"

Sloppy seconds indeed.

And before you feel the need to run smack on our lowly Texans, just remember that your team has won the same number of Super Bowls that we have: 0...except we've only been trying for five years, and what is Bud on now? Well over four decades of futility. (And don't let that number one loser of 2000 mean anything other than what it really was....one yard short and all).
Old 06-12-2007   #20
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
It's spelled psychic. You go ALL the way back to 2000? Man, you're almost a dinosaur. What makes all of us who go back to Houston when Earl Cambell played?
and your point is?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read