Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

I was do as I am want to do. Trolling the Titans boards and came across a thread where a poster asked about the name Titans. He must have been a new guy and my standard answer is that according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus. Which is true, but irratates some to have it put that way. Well like a good Troll I wanted a link to a site that actually says it. So off I go to do a little searching and find a link easily. The way the site put it made me chuckle and got me thinking about the whole thing. This is what I posted.

Quote:
Actually the Titans are the inbread children of Uranus and his sister Gaia. Shortly after their birth their daddy was neutered.

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...p?deity=TITANS

Quote:
TITANS: The twelve giant offspring of GAIA and URANUS.

They come in brother-sister pairs: CRONUS and RHEA, OCEANUS and TETHYS, HYPERION and THEA, IAPETUS and THEMIS, CRIUS and MNEMOSYNE, and COEUS and PHOEBE. (The six sisters are also called the TITANIDES, by the way.)

They were so big and painful in labour that poor GAIA couldn't bear to bear any more. So she got CRONUS to help with some radical birth control and newly neutered URANUS was overthrown.

After the deed was done, CRONUS and RHEA ruled over the Gods and the world entered a Golden Age of peace and prosperity. Of course this didn't last as the Gods warred against them and a disgruntled ZEUS banished them all to Tartarus Prison.

I know that sounds like smack, but it is also the truth behind the Titans OF GREEK MYTHOLOGY
Now what I started thinking was that Bud had to be Uranus (fits doesn't it). Bresden, the mayor of Nashville at the time of the move could then be Uranus' sister Gaia. Then I put Titan fans and players in place of the Titans, the gods. So they would be the inbred children of Bud and Bresden. That would mean that it would logical that Zeus could be Roger Goodell, the chief of the NFL and if you follow it that far it makes since that he banished Pacman, one of the Titans.

It has been a long week, but it made me chuckle anyway. My sympathy to all Titan fans.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read