Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2007   #1
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP
Default Charles Spencer

Any updates on his condition? And will he fully recover from this, or will his play always be somewhat hampered? I'm not asking anyone to predict the future, but opinions are always nice.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriTexan View Post
Any updates on his condition? And will he fully recover from this, or will his play always be somewhat hampered? I'm not asking anyone to predict the future, but opinions are always nice.
He plans to be in training camp .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

At this point, we wont know for sure what he can do until he puts on the pads imo
Old 05-29-2007   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
At this point, we wont know for sure what he can do until he puts on the pads imo
I am cautiously optimistic he will play some, just not sure when or how much. He did not play much his first season but when he did, coupled with how bad I wanted him to look good, my hopes soared like an eagle. Whoops. I can't stand the Eagles. Well, wait I like the singing group, oh never mind.
Old 05-29-2007   #5
real

On 790 they were supposed to give an update on C.Spence....anyone catch it ?
Old 05-30-2007   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
On 790 they were supposed to give an update on C.Spence....anyone catch it ?
Did anyone catch it?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

i dunno. My guess is that we won't see him untill October. If he was my franchise OLT, the very last thing I would do is rush him back. I.R. ing him out of camp gives him an extra six weeks. We also have a bye week in there somewhere for a transition period. If he's goining to get back at all we should know by mid October. Either he's going to make it back or he's not. We'll have a difinative answer by October...just my guess.
Old 06-02-2007   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
i dunno. My guess is that we won't see him untill October. If he was my franchise OLT, the very last thing I would do is rush him back. I.R. ing him out of camp gives him an extra six weeks. We also have a bye week in there somewhere for a transition period. If he's goining to get back at all we should know by mid October. Either he's going to make it back or he's not. We'll have a difinative answer by October...just my guess.
I dont see an IR in his future, he is 2nd year so should be eligible for pup list at the worst, unless ofcourse the PR has all been smoke and mirrors, then it's anyones guess. I hate the offseason.
Old 06-02-2007   #9
real

I think if Spencer is ready by pre-season they play him...

I don't see PUP or IR being a good solution in this case...

We're talking about a player with less than 50 NFL snaps under his belt...He's still a rookie basically...

If he's cleared to play he needs as much live action as he can get...
Old 06-03-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I think if Spencer is ready by pre-season they play him...

I don't see PUP or IR being a good solution in this case...

We're talking about a player with less than 50 NFL snaps under his belt...He's still a rookie basically...

If he's cleared to play he needs as much live action as he can get...
On the one hand, the recovery shouldn't be rushed, and the Texans have two capable back-ups in Salaam and Black. On the other hand, the Texans have agreed to wait for a player to recover (DD) and that only hindered them. I think this is why the Texans took Frye. Even if the injury is career-ending, then they have a guy that can compete in a year or two when Salaam/Black has worn out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read