Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2007   #41
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronic: Texans' Mathis eager to get on the field

I dunno and I wasn't in the room....but you gotta figure this is where the Jones pick came from. He may be Marvin Harrison....the hammies may come around. I'm not posting that they throw the guy under the buss. But there is a point in time that will reach critical mass where they'll have to pull the trigger on the guy. And the new attitude aside, If the hammies are going to be chronic, and I for sure don't know that they are, Smith is going to have to take his best guess on the guy. They may expose him and pull him back. They may IR him again. If Jones can handle it, he may be gone. Point being...if we're talking about keeping extra o-line prospects, nine or ten guys instead of eight, someone will have to go. Someone is expendable. Getting down to 73 will be no problem. 53, those last twenty will hurt. As they should. We're no longer an expansion club. all the tallent on paper will not help us. They need paly makers. If he can't get himself on to the feild, he isn't one of those.
Old 06-03-2007   #42
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronic: Texans' Mathis eager to get on the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Maybe Kubiak needs to have Mathis start fielding punts then. I would think it would be an easier than having him learn the whole WR position.
Well if you're worried about injury, is there a worse thing to do with him? I mean honestly those guys barreling down field to hit him... Punt returner seems like a bad idea... to me that is.

mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read