Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 19,121
Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vic Carucci on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Comon guys!! You know we've got one of the best olines in NFL history. We all know it was "you know who's" fault for 75% of the sacks the past 5 years. The only reason the other 25% happened is because the linemen were p-o'd at "you know who" and let the pressure thru hoping to get "him" out of the game.

I was comparing them to the best Oiler line of all time and these guys are just so much better. I mean look at the guards. Pitts and Weary are just lite years ahead of Munchak and Matthews. Center, no contest, Flanagin/McKinney kicks the tar out of Mauck/Matthews; and RT .... well Steinkhuler could not hold a candle to Winston. And LT, well there just is noone to compare to Spencer/Salaam/Black.

With Schaub at QB this year, no sacks, super bowl, 60-0 route of the Cowboys. Every player on our oline is starting in the pro bowl.

Just another walk in the park for our Texans!
You're right. We've got the worst offensive line in history. No QB in the history of QB's could have performed well behind it. David Carr never did anything wrong. He never missed a read. He only stared down AJ because he didn't have any other receivers on the field. Every time he got a ball batted down, it was because the o-line didn't keep the guys from raising their arms and not because of his sidearm delivery. All the film showing him not seeing open receivers was shot from angles that don't really show what was really there. DC played everything exactly the way Kubiak coached him to. The only reason we won 6 games last year was because Carr carried us to those victories.

Now we're going to take an unproven QB with no mobility and put him behnd the same crappy line. He's going to get massacred because he's a total Bledsoe-esque statue that won't be able to run away from DE's and LB's. He's going to have to stare down AJ because AJ is going to be triple teamed because we don't have a true #2 receiver.

We're not going to win a single game. Oh woe is me.

And it's all because Kubiak is too proud and stupid to look at the film and see the reality of what was wrong.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger